Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Only Fools and Horses clips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

" Are you a Naval man Derek"
    " No,more of a leg man meself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

It's gotten to the point where I've started **** furiously and sobbing uncontrollably when the obligatory 12 episode run on this appears on Christmas day.

This and the royal family (tv show) should be banned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's gotten to the point where I've started **** furiously and sobbing uncontrollably when the obligatory 12 episode run on this appears on Christmas day.

This and the royal family (tv show) should be banned.

I only watched one episode of Royle family. Didn't get it.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Easily one of the most overrated shows in T.V history.

It's right up there with seinfeld, friends and the office.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Triggers Broom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

I really wish Netflix would bring the whole Only Fools and Horses enterprise to their streaming service...and not just 2 seasons+ Christmas specials

Every time I hear this theme song...it brings a certain warmth to my heart ...be it on Netflix or Cable

"What a 42 carrot plonker you really are Rodney";🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's a bit of a divisive show. It's the televisual equivalent of gammon & pineapple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Are they a couple of ravers?
    They're a couple of geezers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Tv of the past had some real gems.
    Bottom - one of my all time favourites
    Steptoe and son
    Rising damp

Pity this sort of comedy is no longer available.

bear1 wrote: »
    Tv of the past had some real gems.
    Bottom - one of my all time favourites
    Steptoe and son
    Rising damp

Pity this sort of comedy is no longer available.

Agree :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Can't find the clip on you tube quickly but I always liked the scene where Del negotiates witness protection and immunity to prosecution - and then admits to the crime himself.

Haha the descriptions of the suspect from the three lads was just so daft. A seven foot dwarf who's black and Caucasian with oriental features and had a deaf aid. That's not the full description but that's most of them.

There are just so many brilliant scenes from only fools. The one where boycie and Marlene want to adopt the German girls baby and it turns out the baby is black. Boycies speech which he says without stopping is just genius. And that scene goes from very funny to them showing the serious side of not being able to have kids. It was a great thing the show had. It could switch from very funny to very serious when it needed to.

The episode with the Chinese takeaway and the liminous paint which trigger borrowed which was used to paint signs in tunnels. And del tells the owner it's energy saving paint.

If it's not clear only fools and horses is one of my most favourite shows ever and I have great memories of watching it with my grandfather years ago. I just find it very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭E mac

Jolly Boys Outing episode can watch that again and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Once upon a time, people sat down of a Sunday night to watch this. Now they sit down to watch a singing/dancing/skating/juggling competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

The one with the Chandelier is the best one

"Brace Yourself Rodney"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The gravy/coffee mix up in "Time on our hands" ...

That whole episode is genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

The jolly boys outing... Bus blowing up over the radio Del sold them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lord somebody: I don't care whether you're related to the Surrey Trotters, the Berkshire Trotters or the Harlem bloody Globe Trotters, I want that man out of my daughter's life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Del: Do you think I made an impression Rodders?

Rodney: Ya. Like the impression the Americans made on Hiroshima, Del.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

keano25 wrote: »
    The jolly boys outing... Bus blowing up over the radio Del sold them!

The inflatable sex dolls episode is one of my favorites, especially when they try to get them out of the flat and they bump into a neighbor.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Lord somebody: I don't care whether you're related to the Surrey Trotters, the Berkshire Trotters or the Harlem bloody Globe Trotters, I want that man out of my daughter's life.

haha. The girls name was Lady Victoria. Her mother "hit the snooze button going down the giant Slalom" to quote del boy.

Del: Do you think I made an impression Rodders?

Rodney: Ya. Like the impression the Americans made on Hiroshima, Del.

The one where the American Girlfriend that Del said paid him the greatest compliment that he'd ever had. She said he reminded of the Day President Kennedy was shot.

:D

Agricola wrote: »
    Once upon a time, people sat down of a Sunday night to watch this. Now they sit down to watch a singing/dancing/skating/juggling competition.

The worlds broken:(

Is that a da Vinci ? :D

Del:- "I'll bet you've held some Ball's in here My Lady"
    From the Episode " A Touch of Glass" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

E mac wrote: »

There’s a great Trigger moment in that one and I can’t find it on YouTube.

The bus stops off for lunch and most of the lads have a few beers... including the bus driver :pac:

Anyway, the driver is being carried onto the bus -

Trigger: “What’s wrong with him?”
    Mike the barman: “What’s wrong with him?! Snow blindness is my bet Trig!”
    Trigger: “Really? I thought he was pissed”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

E mac wrote: »

..the end bit with the cat...:pac:

An Interesting fact from Only fools and Horses. The jolly boys outing the scene with the three boyos booking into the Villa Bella there is a door on the left that the Irish women who shows them to their room comes out of. There was a scene were the lads actually go in there to the dining room that was cut.

I love the Jolly boys outing episode. The one about Rodney's father in law who if you're a big fan of the show you know is a martyr for the jellied Eels. Well in the episode when they go to the nightclub he isn't there. He copped an unfortunate Welk according to Boycie. It's a funny call back to an earlier episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Rodney's father in law

Rodneys father in law (actor Denis Lill) was in a BBC show called Survivors in the 70s. It was fantastic - a post apocalpytic world where most of the population had been wiped out by a virus. He played a handsome character who was popular with the ladies.

I saw it years after I was already an Only Fools and Horses fan. I never would have recognised him.

survivors-denis-lill.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Jolly Boys Outing is tv perfection. The Great Raymondo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

From The Jolly Boys' Outing episode... Priceless

https://twitter.com/delboy_ofah/status/1026205251794358272

The Wendy house line from that episode where Rodney and mickey pierce set up a business from grandad was supposed to be a phrase used for a very good line even after the actor Leonard Pearce died.

I don't know what others think about the additions of Racheal(or Rachel as uncle Albert called her once)and Casandra to the show. I think they were logical additions as the lads got older. I'm not as down on the return episodes as some. The ending at the end of the episode where they got some money for the Victorian egg timer(haha) was a nice ending but it was just such a del and Rodney thing to make a balls of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

"You were done for jay-walking you stupid old berk!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Some crackers already mentioned. Three that come to mind

Del's movie plot: There is a Rhino Loose in the City from Video Nasty

Uncle Albert & the lads lost in the north sea from To Hull and Back

The Bachelors scene from It's Only Rock and Roll

Where Del plays the Bachelors in the background while striking a deal with a club to have Rodney's band play a gig on Paddy's night.

"Mum said on her deathbed..."

• Advertisement

Oh I've just remembered one of the funniest moments and one where it showed Rodney laughing genuinely. It's the singer who can't pronounce his R's. " A melody of wock and woll..." :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The entire episode of Friday the 14th. I love that it's just the three of them, no pub, none of the regular supporting characters or settings, and it's still so funny: my favourite episode, I've watched it so many times. The ending with Del trying to hustle a homicidal maniac/axe-murderer for a few quid by playing imaginary pool just sums Del up to perfection: even with his life on the line, his instinct is still to turn a profit :pac:

For me, it was never the same after granddad died. I loved Lennard Pearce, what an actor. I still use his line occasionally "it's not my fault, it's my brain" :D There were some really good episodes after he died, but it wasn't the same to me, and then when they brought in Cassandra and Raquel, it just seemed to get a lot less funny. From the later series the bit where Del is forced to go hang-gliding stands out, especially Rodney's smugness when Del realises Rodney has double-crossed him in revenge.

"Mum said on her deathbed..."

Send Rodney for the fish... :)

"Whatever the subject is, Mum had something to say about it on her death bed. She must have spent her final few hours in this mortal realm doing nothing but rabbiting!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The end of this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waufl6RWsOg

With Rodney and Del having to leg it from Jumbo:)

Any scene with Trigger was comedy gold too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The Wendy house line from that episode where Rodney and mickey pierce set up a business from grandad was supposed to be a phrase used for a very good line even after the actor Leonard Pearce died.

I don't know what others think about the additions of Racheal(or Rachel as uncle Albert called her once)and Casandra to the show. I think they were logical additions as the lads got older. I'm not as down on the return episodes as some. The ending at the end of the episode where they got some money for the Victorian egg timer(haha) was a nice ending but it was just such a del and Rodney thing to make a balls of it.

There are some great lines in the Wendy House episode. They couldn't keep straight faces doing some of them

• Site Banned Posts: 40 The Fools

That scene where Rodney accidently makes Del think he's gone gay for Mickey Pierce.

Priceless.

• Advertisement

The one where Rodney's band play in the Shamrock pub is hilarious.. mental Mickey should have been in more episodes..

Oh I've just remembered one of the funniest moments and one where it showed Rodney laughing genuinely. It's the singer who can't pronounce his R's. " A melody of wock and woll..." :D:D:D:D

Absolutely classic. Cwying, cwying, cwying, cwwwwwwyyyinng.......

I was cwying myself with laughter.

The chinese restaurant guys in sunglasses in their freshly painted takeaway - which Del has had painted in glow in the dark paint.

yellow1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

bazz26 wrote: »

How have I never copped that dels Aussie mate also played the guy who bought the car off del and Rodney who crashed into the back of boycies jag.

Were they really hard up for actors that they had to recycle them. And even more funny they decided to make him play an Aussie both times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement