Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They would sell out every game in the Championship anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Someone said to me there you wouldn't want to win it that way. I laughed at him.

Sometimes I think they build this idea up in their head of what they think a Liverpool fan is as opposed to reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Someone said to me there you wouldn't want to win it that way. I laughed at him.

Sometimes I think they build this idea up in their head of what they think a Liverpool fan is as opposed to reality.

It would also mean last season United would be champions, Jose a genius after all. Imagine a world where that's the case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

They would sell out every game in the Championship anyway.

Except at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's like a reverse Blue Moon in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

They are our direct rivals for the league this season. Of course people are talking about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The reverse of Blue Moon sounds like a decent definition of paradise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭deeks

A bit off topic but I’m heading to Liverpool on Friday 5th April for the Grand National on the Saturday. We’re away to Southampton on the Friday night and just wondering if any can recommend somewhere good to head to watch it. I’m sure most places will be showing it but just wondering is there anywhere in particular that people would recommend (or avoid!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I don't think I'd like us to win the lge because city were deducted points, won't happen anyway

• Advertisement

That picture of Ox walking to the cars is the Debry county training ground.

That little hill with the white poll fencing is where the Leeds scout was watching from when he was spying on the training session.

It’s on a bloody public road that really was a very stealty spying mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If City were made drop points and we won the league because of it we would forever be labelled as cheats, bottlers, and only won it because City dropped the points because of UEFA, won't happen this season if it does...

Had a good chat with a United fan in work with who sits beside me, he was convinced it wasn't a peno the other night and they didn't deserve to go through, and I argued it was a Penalty, never thought I'd hear that... :)

I dunno what this Ole lad is doing to them, I actually half like him, the way they half like Klopp and are afraid to admit it... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I found it slightly disappointing that with such a great victory over PSG, *some* Utd fans still choose to indulge in anti-Liverpool bias once again (Gerrard slip against Chelsea pics are all the rage it seems, even in 2019). Honestly, I enjoyed Utd knocking PSG out, yet it still seems that "ABL" will do, even if it means supporting Man City, despite the fact that they are just another version of PSG, Madrid etc who are fit to destroy the very fabric of football.

Seriously, I'd take Utd any day over PSG, Madrid etc - I sometimes wish Utd fans would look at it from a similar point of view - Liverpool are a properly run club, just like Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I found it slightly disappointing that with such a great victory over PSG, *some* Utd fans still choose to indulge in anti-Liverpool bias once again (Gerrard slip against Chelsea pics are all the rage it seems, even in 2019). Honestly, I enjoyed Utd knocking PSG out, yet it still seems that "ABL" will do, even if it means supporting Man City, despite the fact that they are just another version of PSG, Madrid etc who are fit to destroy the very fabric of football.

Seriously, I'd take Utd any day over PSG, Madrid etc - I sometimes wish Utd fans would look at it from a similar point of view - Liverpool are a properly run club, just like Utd.

Whats the beef with real. In the last 10 years, barca have been a lot worse for spending beyond there means?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Real are a very easy team to dislike,last year probably stirred dormant feelings in some of us
    - supported by the government
    - historical links to fascists
    - they've won more than us
    - Sergio, I don't hate him but he winds you up
    - the arrogance

but yeah can all stop pretending we don't hate Utd more :)

Whats the beef with real. In the last 10 years, barca have been a lot worse for spending beyond there means?

Don't like Barca much either! But the Madrid situation is absolutely crazy; being bankrolled by the government is something I can't get my head around.

And Ramos. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

fyfe79 wrote: »

Is it any surprise that irish United fans would rather City win the league than Liverpool when they are out of the race themselves? (I'm not sure if it exists in the UK, maybe it does?)

Are posters here any different really? Would we rather Everton win the league or United for example?

Plus posting the Gerrard slip and stuff isn't a majority thing. Leave them at it.

Ah yeah, I get that it's a few only in fairness. I dislike Utd of course, but my dislike of financial doping in football is a bigger pet-peeve - just can't bring myself to cheer a club with dubious links to oil money and human rights abuses, even if they are playing against Utd.

I'd have no real problem with Everton winning the league if they won it organically. Wouldn't like it, of course, but wouldn't have a real problem with it as long as it didn't happen like a Man City/Chelsea thing. Maybe I'm getting soft with age but when I burst out laughing at John Terry missing his penalty in Moscow, I think I knew that financial doping had become a bigger problem in my head than simply being an ABU - of which I was a proud member for many years prior to the oil money explosion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fyfe79 it says it all about the type of posters they are really,they had a massive away vistory against the odds in Paris during the week and are in the form of their lives under ole and they would rather post about something that happened to Liverpool 5 years ago, they seem more concerned about liverpool than their own team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Let's all be honest here.
    As a Utd fan, I see you as our biggest rivals. Always have done. Always will do.
    We both have 20ish league titles, multiple European titles, FA cups etc.
    We are the big two of English football and will be for some time to come regardless of what City, Chelsea or anyone else do.
    With that rivalry comes a bit of gob****edness from both sets of fans.
    I give a bit( but not overly. I'm done with Gerrard) but I'll take it too.
    It comes with the territory. But I take it as a compliment. Would ye be bothered about slagging us if we weren't a threat? Not a bit.
    Do I give a flying fu¢k if a Spurs fan slags us off. No. Why would I. They're not a threat.
    But you lot?? That stings. That gets right under the skin.
    And too be honest, I love it.

We're different. But we're the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

NukaCola wrote: »
    Is it any surprise that irish United fans would rather City win the league than Liverpool when they are out of the race themselves? (I'm not sure if it exists in the UK, maybe it does?)

Darren Fletcher, ex-united player,fan wants city to win instead of Liverpool.

Pretty much every fan from mancheter i've heard on talk sport wants city to win.

I don't think it's just an "irish" thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,576 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So Klopp thinks to change anything now would show weakness, but City have changed small things to improve after they hit a blip. Surely we can tweak it here and there so we are let predictable ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Are posters here any different really? Would we rather Everton win the league or United for example?

100% prefer United to win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

It'd be Everton for me because I don't know any Everton fans and therefore wouldn't have to listen to their sh!te. I can count on one hand the amount of Everton fans I've met in my life, similar to Chelsea and City fans before the money arrived. Now they're everywhere.

A United mate of mine said he wants City to win it because they are nowhere near challenging United's amount of league titles and trophies won overall, Liverpool are. I get that angle too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Everton cos they'd think it was the start of something big when it would be a blip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Let's all be honest here.
    As a Utd fan, I see you as our biggest rivals. Always have done. Always will do.
    We both have 20ish league titles, multiple European titles, FA cups etc.
    We are the big two of English football and will be for some time to come regardless of what City, Chelsea or anyone else do.
    With that rivalry comes a bit of gob****edness from both sets of fans.
    I give a bit( but not overly. I'm done with Gerrard) but I'll take it too.
    It comes with the territory. But I take it as a compliment. Would ye be bothered about slagging us if we weren't a threat? Not a bit.
    Do I give a flying fu¢k if a Spurs fan slags us off. No. Why would I. They're not a threat.
    But you lot?? That stings. That gets right under the skin.
    And too be honest, I love it.

We're different. But we're the same.

I agree, it does not matter if city/Chelsea/spurs/arsenal win the league because that won't sting,only utd sting,both sides know it,same for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

When it comes to the Premier League I think we can all admit that if we couldn't win the league, then the last team we would want to see win it is Utd. After that it would be Chelsea followed by City and Spurs for me. I can definitely understand Utd fans not wanting us to win the league over City. Utd are historically our biggest rivals and have the greatest fanbase in Ireland along with Liverpool. If City continue to dominate for the next few years then that might change, atleast for some Utd fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Plus posting the Gerrard slip and stuff isn't a majority thing. Leave them at it.

Well before the game at Old Trafford sky were interviewing united fans about it and all said they would prefer City to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope we see a midfield tomorrow of fab gini and one of Keita/Shaq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Heading over on a flight this evening, first time at anfield in nearly 10 years - last time i was there was also at home to a lancashire team beginning with B, and this happened:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Everton cos they'd think it was the start of something big when it would be a blip.

We could say the same thing about Liverpool :pac:

I think from a Irish Liverpool fans perspective most would rather Everton due to the fanbase. Wouldn't have to listen to the fans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've listened to United fans all my life. They have a warped sense of achievement the last 30 years.

Honestly don't care what they win, they wouldn't appreciate it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I can’t imagine a situation where that either/or would be possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

8-10 wrote: »
    I've listened to United fans all my life. They have a warped sense of achievement the last 30 years.

Honestly don't care what they win, they wouldn't appreciate it properly.

Speaking as a United fan, I can tell you we do appreciate it. You only have to look at the scenes after beating PSG.

Also, I'm old enough to remember Liverpool's dominance and at one time I might have said the same about ye.

Warped sense if achievemeant?
    We went from a perennial also rans to the most successful club in England. Could have done better in Europe, but I can live with it.
    We had a golden era of success. And we loved every second of it.
    And if I remember correctly, ye enjoyed yours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Speaking as a United fan, I can tell you we do appreciate it. You only have to look at the scenes after beating PSG.

Also, I'm old enough to remember Liverpool's dominance and at one time I might have said the same about ye.

Warped sense if achievemeant?
    We went from a perennial also rans to the most successful club in England. Could have done better in Europe, but I can live with it.
    We had a golden era of success. And we loved every second of it.
    And if I remember correctly, ye enjoyed yours too.

I suppose it's a generational thing. I've only known United to be winners who only started to stutter in the last 5/6 years. That period hasn't been an easy time for United fans I've grown up with to deal with as it got to the stage where being the best was something that was taken for granted. I think those years have been character building for them. Then again I know plenty who have gone from not watching games to fanboys again since Ole has taken over. :pac:

Let the speculation begin De Ligt has said in a interview that playing beside VVD at Liverpool could happen.

It is a nice club I am not focused on them now I will focus on Ajax now and see where I will end up later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Let the speculation begin De Ligt has said in a interview that playing beside VVD at Liverpool could happen.

It is a nice club I am not focused on them now I will focus on Ajax now and see where I will end up later.

winking at one bird while you have your finger up another ones fanny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1104166942670110720

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just the one? You fúckin' amateur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

:D

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed however I doubt that Troy Deeney is at his bully boy best later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Fingers crossed however I doubt that Troy Deeney is at his bully boy best later.

In fairness he hardly ruffled Matip's feathers last time out. Deeney keeps well away from VVD so his feathers were similarly unperturbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We put 5 passed them recently,city will probably match it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Noticed a few posters questioning the absence of Keita/Shaqiri from recent line-ups, here is the word from his master's voice on the subject:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/340968-jurgen-klopp-naby-keita-xherdan-shaqiri

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Big result that for Bayern away from home hammered Wolfsburg for six they have only one draw in last six games against pool I reckon it be a tight affair midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Watford aren't even pretending to care about today's game with that line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

7 changes for Watford, no Deeney, and Tom Cleverly starting. 3 handy points for City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why would anyone care? City will beat whoever Watford put out like Liverpool did.

There's no way I'm clicking that echo link.

Watford like Manchester want City to win this too. I'm kind of happy as I have Aguero as captain in FF

Here's me looking forward to our easy away fixtures Cardiff, Newcastle and Southampton ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Why would anyone care? City will beat whoever Watford put out like Liverpool did.

There's no way I'm clicking that echo link.

Newcastle,leicester and palace beat them this season(cant remember but at least one more).Why couldn't a watford team that's above those teams
    in the league beat them if things went their way, seven changes mean they are not going to try!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement