Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown EIR Direct Debit.

Options
  • 08-03-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Looking through my bank transactions, I noticed a direct debit payment going out to Eir in February 2019. I don't have any accounts with Eir. Can someone look in to this please asap? I have tried phoning but I can't be waiting for over 40 minutes while at work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

fixxxer wrote: »
    Hi there,

Looking through my bank transactions, I noticed a direct debit payment going out to Eir in February 2019. I don't have any accounts with Eir. Can someone look in to this please asap? I have tried phoning but I can't be waiting for over 40 minutes while at work.
    eir Customer Service is almost non existent at the moment as they are going through a change by their new owner, so good luck.

I had a similar issue a few years ago. A DD came out of my business account for a grand or two. A member of the public took my bank details and presented them as their own to Meteor who did no checks. eir/meteor wouldn't discuss it with me as I wasn't a customer. I had to remove them from the equation and go straight to my bank. It took about a week of pain to get a forced refund but months to unravel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

fixxxer wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hi fixxxer, 

Sorry to hear that money was taken from your account. 

What you will need to do is to contact your bank and get them to cancel the payment. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement