Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile contract ending

Options
  • 08-03-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,

My mobile contract is ending on the 12/6/19.   Do I have to give notice that I wont be renewing it, or what happens when it does end?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Chieftain wrote: »
      Hi,

My mobile contract is ending on the 12/6/19.   Do I have to give notice that I wont be renewing it, or what happens when it does end?

Thanks
    Hi Chieftain, 

What will happen is if you do not contact eir your contract will change to a rolling month by month contract. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

"Do I have to give notice that I wont be renewing it, "

Yes you do and be very careful about how you do it or Eir will cheerfully keep charging you.

You could write a registered letter at 8 eurots a pop.

You could also email them. Legally an email is written notice.

Eir show a marked reluctance to provide an email address for cancellation.

I could suggest you search google to find an eir email address, I'm sure any staff member who revives
    the email cancellation would dutifully forward it to the cancellation department.

Cease service
    Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

paddy19 wrote: »
    "Do I have to give notice that I wont be renewing it, "

Yes you do and be very careful about how you do it or Eir will cheerfully keep charging you.

You could write a registered letter at 8 eurots a pop.

You could also email them. Legally an email is written notice.

Eir show a marked reluctance to provide an email address for cancellation.

I could suggest you search google to find an eir email address, I'm sure any staff member who revives
    the email cancellation would dutifully forward it to the cancellation department.

Cease service
    Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.
    this is incorrect. 

for mobile you simply port to another provider if you want to cancel

if you don't want to cancel you will be on a 30 day contract with eir and can port out at any time penalty free. 

example, if you port out 15 days into a billing period you'll be charged for the first 15 days and credited back on your final bill for the remaining 15 days 

Advertisement