Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband compromised

• 08-03-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm getting scam calls purporting to be from Eir saying my broadband is compromised. I got one just now from a foreign sounding woman who said her name was Nancy Gordon and that she was calling from Eir at !Quarter 4, St John's Road. The number that came up on my phone was 353741685 - no such number not surprisingly. There have been several others in the last few weeks, some automated, some Asian-sounding females. I tried contacting Eir Customer Support without success. Eir is set up in such a way that you can reach them only on a limited number of issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Getting those type of calls for many weeks. Sometimes upto 3/4 per day. Just let them ring out.
    My BB is not with EIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Jolly1 wrote: »
    I'm getting scam calls purporting to be from Eir saying my broadband is compromised. I got one just now from a foreign sounding woman who said her name was Nancy Gordon and that she was calling from Eir at !Quarter 4, St John's Road. The number that came up on my phone was 353741685 - no such number not surprisingly. There have been several others in the last few weeks, some automated, some Asian-sounding females. I tried contacting Eir Customer Support without success. Eir is set up in such a way that you can reach them only on a limited number of issues.
    airuser wrote: »
    Getting those type of calls for many weeks.  Sometimes upto 3/4 per day.  Just let them ring out.
    My BB is not with EIR
    Hi All, 

We are aware of these calls are in circulation. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

You can find more information here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liam222

Have you tried to look up the number on Google? I think I have also received such calls, but I forgot the number.

liam222 wrote: »
    Have you tried to look up the number on Google? I think I have also received such calls, but I forgot the number.
    Hi liam222, 

We always advise our customers not to call these numbers back as this may result in charges. 

If you click on the link on my post above it will give you further information.

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

and in true eir fashion the link posted above doesn't work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It works for me. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭blackbox

Works for me!

blackbox wrote: »
    Works for me!
    Error message on both Chrome and Internet Explorer

Works for me!
    Hi Leche solara, 

You can find the link here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭tphase

I've been getting a lot of those lately. Last couple of calls I answered, strung them along for a minute before giving them a good blast of the pea whistle I keep by the phone.

• Advertisement

Works for me!
    Hi Leche solara, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    That worked.  Thanks

A week has gone by, no calls.

Works for me!
    Hi Leche solara, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    That worked.  Thanks
    No problem Leche Solara, 

Glad to help. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liam222

Hi liam222, 

We always advise our customers not to call these numbers back as this may result in charges. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks.  I didn't call them back, though. It seems fishy. I remembered that I looked up the number on sites like whycall.me and found some reports filed under that number. That's why I didn't call them back. I just immediately blocked it.

Hi liam222, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks.  I didn't call them back, though. It seems fishy. I remembered that I looked up the number on sites like whycall.me and found some reports filed under that number. That's why I didn't call them back. I just immediately blocked it.
    Hi liam222, 

That's the best thing to do. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Got a call this morning from an Irish mobile number. Yes, it was a scam call. So these people can now manipulate the phone numbers. Also leaving a voice mail.

Advertisement