Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle VM Virtual Box

Options
  • 08-03-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

Hi all...I have Oracle VM Virual Box installed...and Windows 7 running inside it.

I use a version of an application that I can't run in Windows 10 on my PC (because I can't run two versions of the same application on the same machine). So I've installed it in the Virtual Box and it runs fine.

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to access and edit files in a Dropbox folder on the host computer's hard drive using the application running on Windows 7 in Virtual Box? Is it simply a case of sharing the Dropbox folder in Virtual Box?

OR should I just install Dropbox in the Virtual Box and just share the files there?

TIA

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Sharing the folder via VirtualBox would be faster. Also, if the internet went down, your VM or PC wouldn't be able to get the shared files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

OK...I'm sharing the folder now..thanks to all.

Anybody like to suggest how I share a Network (Wireless) Printer?

Is it just a case of changing the settings on the host control panel to share the existing printer and then install the printer drivers in Windows 7 in Virtualbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its wireless you connect it the exact same way as the host, they're both peers of the printer.

Advertisement