Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH install. eir code says unavailable but engineers say it is.

Options
  • 08-03-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi, iv been patient since november when the process of getting a pole and new line in started.

Approx 4 weeks ago all was finally hooked up. Broadband ment to be active on the 25th.
    Didnt work, engineer sent to exchange, still didnt work.
    Had the engineer up to the house yesterday only to tell me im too far out for Dsl. It wont work at all. He said im close enough for FTTH ( iv had 4 seperate engineers tell me this on various visits since november)
    told him my eircode said no and despite me insisting been told i need a phone line first.
    He's left notes on the account explaining whats going on.

Id like to know is it pissible to push the FTTH order through despite the eircode result. The engineers seem to think im close enough, all confused as to why i was getting a phone line at all.

Long story short. Iv no dsl and will be canceling unless i can get the FTTH sorted. Surely its possible to force the order through, if the engineer fails it then fair enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

lankz92 wrote: »
    Hi, iv been patient since november when the process of getting a pole and new line in started.

Approx 4 weeks ago all was finally hooked up. Broadband ment to be active on the 25th.
    Didnt work, engineer sent to exchange, still didnt work.
    Had the engineer up to the house yesterday only to tell me im too far out for Dsl. It wont work at all. He said im close enough for FTTH ( iv had 4 seperate engineers tell me this on various visits since november)
    told him my eircode said no and despite me insisting been told i need a phone line first.
    He's left notes on the account explaining whats going on.

Id like to know is it pissible to push the FTTH order through despite the eircode result. The engineers seem to think im close enough, all confused as to why i was getting a phone line at all.

Long story short. Iv no dsl and will be canceling unless i can get the FTTH sorted. Surely its possible to force the order through, if the engineer fails it then fair enough.
    Hi lankz92, 

Unfortunately, our system would be unable to push through an order for FTTH if the eircode advises that fibre is not available at your address. 

If you click on this link it will advise when it will be possible to install fibre at your address

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Hi lankz92, 

Unfortunately, our system would be unable to push through an order for FTTH if the eircode advises that fibre is not available at your address. 

If you click on this link it will advise when it will be possible to install fibre at your address

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Not what i wanted to hear but thanks all the same.

No hope here. The lines where upgraded long before i had a line in and the rollout map shows me as outside the area.

I really dont understand how every engineer has told me im close enough yet it cant be supplied.

I'll call up and cancel over the weekend.

Hi lankz92, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

No hope here. The lines where upgraded long before i had a line in and the rollout map shows me as outside the area.

I really dont understand how every engineer has told me im close enough yet it cant be supplied.

My apologies it was not the answer you were hoping for. 

Don't hesitate to contact us here if you have any other queries

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Grainne if this is a missing/wrong entry in the ARD database then it can be fixed. If multiple FSTs are saying it is then chances are they're correct.

If you're not willing to chase it with W/S Customer Care then perhaps lankz92 should try one of the ISPs that are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi lankz92, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi lankz92

Can you pm me your eircode and address details and I will chase this up for you.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement

Sorry for the late post back. Iv been on and off the phone over last weekend. Same response is once the eircode says i cant its a no.

I'll pm over the eircode anyway on the off chance you can tell me something different.

Have emailed the rollout crowd too see if it can be updated but no response as of 2 weeks now.

ED E wrote: »
    Grainne if this is a missing/wrong entry in the ARD database then it can be fixed. If multiple FSTs are saying it is then chances are they're correct.

If you're not willing to chase it with W/S Customer Care then perhaps lankz92 should try one of the ISPs that are.

I had considered this from reading other threads. Is it possible that say net1 (local to me) would overlook the eircode if they checked? When i last dealt with them years ago they done their own installs, may not still be the case tho.

ED E wrote: »

I had considered this from reading other threads. Is it possible that say net1 (local to me) would overlook the eircode if they checked? When i last dealt with them years ago they done their own installs, may not still be the case tho.
    Hi lankz92

I have sent you a pm

Thanks

Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi lankz92

I have sent you a pm

Thanks

Linzi

Thanks, have responded.

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    Hi lankz92

I have sent you a pm

Thanks

Linzi

Thanks, have responded.
    Thanks lankz92

• Advertisement

An update to this to save anyone else the 6 months hassle iv had.

1. If your told you need a phone line its a lie, straight up. You do not need one. I had my time wasted putting a pole on the property and getting a line in.
    2. Your eir code is what will get you ftth, despite numerous engineers calling out thinking im crazy getting a phone line with fibre lines on my door step. My eir code says no so they wont do it.

In short if your eir code says no, dont try, despite what engineers tell you or how close you are.
    Currently on the phone to cancell and i really hope it goes through okay after reading stories of being billed for months after. Either way the direct debits been cancelled.

Not what most probly want to hear in this situation but its back to 3g/4g for me and patiently wait for 5g.

An update to this to save anyone else the 6 months hassle iv had.

1. If your told you need a phone line its a lie, straight up. You do not need one. I had my time wasted putting a pole on the property and getting a line in.
    2. Your eir code is what will get you ftth, despite numerous engineers calling out thinking im crazy getting a phone line with fibre lines on my door step. My eir code says no so they wont do it.

In short if your eir code says no, dont try, despite what engineers tell you or how close you are.
    Currently on the phone to cancell and i really hope it goes through okay after reading stories of being billed for months after. Either way the direct debits been cancelled.

Not what most probly want to hear in this situation but its back to 3g/4g for me and patiently wait for 5g.
    Hi lankz92, 

Our apologies it was not the answer that you expected. 

As soon as fibre becomes available it will be updated on our website. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi lankz92, 

Our apologies it was not the answer that you expected. 

As soon as fibre becomes available it will be updated on our website. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

I know its not exactly eir's fault. I just wanted to let others know the outcome.

I'll not hold out any hope of it becoming availabe as it seems im a few meters outside the update plans.

Been in contact with another supplier who has said they can try get me added but no guarantees.

Advertisement