Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy buds preorder reward

• 08-03-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,
    I preordered the galaxy S10+ and was told that I could redeem free galaxy buds from the galaxy members app on my new phone, however there is no benefits option as stated on the preorder page or in the screenshots for the app.
    I'm wondering if it is working for any of you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

JSquiggle wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I preordered the galaxy S10+ and was told that I could redeem free galaxy buds from the galaxy members app on my new phone, however there is no benefits option as stated on the preorder page or in the screenshots for the app.
    I'm wondering if it is working for any of you?

Same for me. It must be specific to Ireland as my friend in UK can see it using the same app version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JSquiggle

Same for me. It must be specific to Ireland as my friend in UK can see it using the same app version.

I've already called and sent screenshots of the problem to the promotional team.
    They said they're looking into it but they can't notify me when it's fixed.
    I'll be keeping an eye on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

galaxybuds-ie-mobile.png

Just use the website in the meantime:> Claim free pre-order Galaxy Buds HERE

• Enter date purchased, model etc.
    • Upload receipt
    • IMEI
    • Shipping details
    • Claim ID for tracking progress
    (Track here with ID and email)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Same here. Bought the s10+ from amazon.uk and cant see how to make the claim inside the galaxy members app.

I put the claim through https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/claims/galaxybuds/get-started but still haven't received their confirmation email but I do have a claim ID

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Davy wrote: »
    ldr wrote: »
    Same here. Bought the s10+ from amazon.uk and cant see how to make the claim inside the galaxy members app.

I put the claim through https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/ie/en/claims/galaxybuds/get-started but still haven't received their confirmation email but I do have a claim ID

Just use the link from @Davy above. That's exactly what the benefit section in the Samsung Members App, would be linking you too. I did it via the website yesterday evening and got a response today...... They are reviewing my claim and will be back to me within 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was onto three chat this morning about getting a proof of purchase receipt (the one Samsung show on there examples) and the feckers still haven't sent it on

For IMEI numbers do you put in the gaps when you *#06# on the phone??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was onto three chat this morning about getting a proof of purchase receipt (the one Samsung show on there examples) and the feckers still haven't sent it on

For IMEI numbers do you put in the gaps when you *#06# on the phone??

You just put in the imei number as it is, no spaces. You'll also find it on the side of the Galaxy S box. Hope I'm understanding you correctly.

bazzz wrote: »
    You just put in the imei number as it is, no spaces. You'll also find it on the side of the Galaxy S box. Hope I'm understanding you correctly.

Do u put the * in or just the numbers???

Bit confusing when you use the keypad way cause they have gaps near the end of the number

On the Samsung members app found an IMEI number with no / brackets under my products. So do I put that in??

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Do u put the * in or just the numbers???

Bit confusing when you use the keypad way cause they have gaps near the end of the number

On the Samsung members app found an IMEI number with no / brackets under my products. So do I put that in??
    Go to Settings/About Phone and put in the 15 digit IMEI (slot 1) number. It's 15 digits long with numbers only, and no gaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Got my email this morning to say claim has been validated and will be shipped within 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Mine is crazy slow. Applied on Sunday and it's still not confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JSquiggle

I have applied for mine and am waiting on it to be validated using the link provided above

Applied last night

Screen shotted the confirmation email for my phone which was ordered on the 21st Feb. Three eventually send me on a proof of purchase but the idiots had the order date down as the 8th March. Hoping the documents I send will work too good of an opportunity too let slip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 sensational swartz

I applied Sunday with my three pre order email confirmation and the dispatch email and I got my confirmation mail this morning from Samsung. Apparently they'll ship within 30 days. I applied through the site because it was not appearing in the Samsung members app for me. So your pre order confirmation emails should be enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They're definitely a lot faster then the Gearfit offer with the S7. Took 19 days between received and validated back then. Only took 1 day this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

Just got a text stating my claim for the earbud has been validated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭kilsmum

DylanK wrote:
    Just got a text stating my claim for the earbud has been validated

I finally got mine validated after getting the first text/mail on Sunday morning!!

now comes the wait :p

"Your free Samsung Galaxy Buds (white) will be dispatched to the postal address you gave on your claim within the next 30 days by courier"

Whaat? A white one? I thought they're gna send one that matches the phone colour, in my case I got a black S10+

DylanK wrote: »
    "Your free Samsung Galaxy Buds (white) will be dispatched to the postal address you gave on your claim within the next 30 days by courier"

Whaat? A white one? I thought they're gna send one that matches the phone colour, in my case I got a black S10+

All free buds as part of the pre-order are white. Its in the t&c's as below:
    You could sell them and purchase the black ones once stock is available.
    Participants who pre-order a new (i.e. not second hand) qualifying Samsung product as shown below in Table 1 (a “Promotion Product”) from a Participating Retailer shown in Table 1 below (“Participating Retailer”) in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland within the Promotion Period will be eligible to claim a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds in white by redemption (the “Reward”)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Anyone been able to successfully claim preorder buds with three?
    Sent in a copy of my original order confirmation email (including email date of 21st feb) and it got rejected for the following:

"Please provide a clear copy of your proof of purchase, that clearly shows the eligible pre-order date"

Anyone who has been successful, what did you submit?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Anyone been able to successfully claim preorder buds with three?
    Sent in a copy of my original order confirmation email (including email date of 21st feb) and it got rejected for the following:

"Please provide a clear copy of your proof of purchase, that clearly shows the eligible pre-order date"

Anyone who has been successful, what did you submit?

Thanks!

I just screenshot my confirmation email from 3

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

rawn wrote: »

Was that just the first email?
    Did you show the email date ok yours?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

rawn wrote: »

Was that just the first email?
    Did you show the email date ok yours?

Thanks

Yeah I just used snipping tool to show date email received plus order confirmation number etc.

Heard noting back yet applied Monday night

Bet there will be a problem with the proof of purchase as it was a screenshot of the phone order confirmation email and then after I asked three they sent me on one but put the order date as 08th March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

I ordered with three, and just used the invoice docket that was sent out with the phone.

Claim successfully validated will have my buds in the next 30 days ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Same here. The wait begins

Any reviews of how the buds are ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A mate of mine in Australia got them with his handset and says they are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Given the track record of true wireless buds up to now, I'd imagine they'll fall into the 'do some things well, but fall down in others category', so anything above that would be a pleasant surprise.
    Gone through a couple of different sets from other manufacturers and been let down by them, mostly due to spotty connectivity, terrible battery life, lack of bass, and given the reviews of other sets I've not experienced, the technology still appears stuck in the 'decent first attempt, but hopefully the next will be better' phase. Settled with on and off use of the Sony 1000Xs which while relatively OK, still exhibit terrible battery life and audio drops, but still more reliable than Bose and Jabra models I had.

Couple of online reviews I've read of the Samsung ones appear to be in the above category so pretty average, but sounds as though the battery life is decent in actual use.
    Can't argue with free though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

del

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I've seen mainly positive apart from the usuals who hate everything about Samsung. Ordered a set myself after I seen you can call up Google Assistant with the taps, though I'm worried about how they'll stay in without an ear loop.

Sound quality is meant to be clear, which is about as much as anyone really wants seeing as anyone who christens themselves an 'audiophile' isn't using buds anyway.

I'm using these ones atm not 100% wireless but decent enough

Bluetooth Headphones, TaoTronics Sweatproof Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 Sports Earphones 9 Hours Playtime (IPX6 Waterproof, aptX Stereo, CVC 6.0 Noise Cancelling Mic) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3DV6NY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rXpJCb8HZ8YSK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

If I order an S10 now, is it too late to get the buds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Geimhreadh

MarkY91 wrote: »

Yes

MarkY91 wrote: »

To get the free buds the S10 had to be preordered before March 7th.

Got my approval this evening, put it in Sun 10th March.

claim approved a week tomorrow hopefully there sent out already or soon

afraid ill lose them cause there so small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Does anyone know if the buds that are still being offered with the S10+ 512gb and 1tb through Samsung have to be claimed by the same method as the pre orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Davy wrote: »
    To get the free buds the S10 had to be preordered before March 7th.

Not strictly true. If you order the 512G or 1Tb model from Samsung ie E shop you also get free buds. I bought the S10+ 512G ceramic black phone and free buds should be delivered tomorrow. This is the phone I wanted, the free buds are a nice bonus though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

markc1184 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the buds that are still being offered with the S10+ 512gb and 1tb through Samsung have to be claimed by the same method as the pre orders?
    Mine were shipped automatically, no claiming required. Apparently the only reason they did not ship with the phone was due to a stock shortage.

Anyone recieved them yet?

17. The Reward will be delivered within thirty (30) days of the Claim being validated to the postal address provided in the Claim.
    https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxys-preorder/terms/

Another while to go ye so, I know it says within but I wont hold breathe.

Didn't realise they were white only when pre ordering.

Disappointing really they didn't let you choose and wait for your colour to be stocked.

Will be hopefully sell them on ebay for near the price of the black version.

Has anyone in Ireland received theirs yet? Or received any updates since the validated text?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Has anyone in Ireland received theirs yet? Or received any updates since the validated text?

Not a peep.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Geimhreadh wrote: »
    Not a peep.

Nothing here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Nope

Nothing yet

Validated on the 15th March

PTH2009 wrote:
    Validated on the 15th March

March 10th here. They have until next Wednesday to dispatch them.

Few people on Reddit already received theirs in UK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement