Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

• 08-03-2019 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have read that it is not possible to get a mortgage for a house in a rural area when the house does not have a direct entrance from a public road and instead has access to the road via a right of way along a private lane owned by somebody else.

Is this the case with some Irish banks?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 692 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I was approved last year for a second hand house. It shares a right of way to the public road with 2 others. Written into my title (Burdens & Notice of Burdens) is permission from the two others that shared the lane at time of building (in the 80s) granting the owner full access to the right of way. This carries over to any owner thereafter as far as I know. This never came up with my bank at any stage, but my solicitor made sure to see it was all in order.

Advertisement