Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband - No Current Master Socket

Options
  • 08-03-2019 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Considering signing up to Eir BB (via swicher.ie). However I noticed in my house there is no master socket - just the cable stopping at the soffit. There was previously a phone line by previous owner. Would I charged extra if I signed up for Eir BB and then no actually phone socket currently in place?

How am I guaranteed the speed will be decent? Based in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If there previously was a socket then it must be somewhere unless renovations happened and it was ripped out in which case you would need to find the line inside the house.
    If as you say there was a line then it can be checked for speed pre ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Darando

fritzelly wrote: »
    If there previously was a socket then it must be somewhere unless renovations happened and it was ripped out in which case you would need to find the line inside the house.
    If as you say there was a line then it can be checked for speed pre ordering.

Was ripped out by previous owner during renovations....line comes from street pole to the soffit from what I can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Then you are likely out of luck unless you can find where it is.
    They don't like installing new lines if one is already present and will probably just say to you find the line inside the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Darando wrote: »
    Considering signing up to Eir BB (via swicher.ie). However I noticed in my house there is no master socket - just the cable stopping at the soffit. There was previously a phone line by previous owner. Would I charged extra if I signed up for Eir BB and then no actually phone socket currently in place?

How am I guaranteed the speed will be decent? Based in Dublin.
    Hi Darando, 

In order to get broadband installed you would have to be able find where the master socket is. 

If you get an electrician to check your house they will be able to locate this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement