Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home address NOT on Eir database

Options
  • 08-03-2019 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello - can anyone help ? Tearing my hair out here....

Trying to get FTTH installed, in an area which is 100% fibre enabled...BUT my address is not on the Eir database !

Spent a huge amount of time on online chat & reps have said they will add my address to the system so that order can be processed....STILL waiting !!

My address & Eircode are both listed and recognised on every other broadband provider (Sky, Vodafone etc) - can anyone tell me what is the issue with Eir ?!?

Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

aymzter wrote: »

Trying to get FTTH installed, in an area which is 100% fibre enabled...BUT my address is not on the Eir database !

Spent a huge amount of time on online chat & reps have said they will add my address to the system so that order can be processed....STILL waiting !!

My address & Eircode are both listed and recognised on every other broadband provider (Sky, Vodafone etc) - can anyone tell me what is the issue with Eir ?!?

Thanking you in advance

Eir put this mans address on your database. Will be simple and easy for anyother company to do

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aymzter

Giveaway wrote: »
    Eir put this mans address on your database. Will be simple and easy for anyother company to do

Thank you....totally agree !! How hard can it be ?! Doing my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If you have never had a line from eir (new build?) then it's understandable the address doesn't exist
    Normally takes 24/48 hours to get added
    It's not actually eir but OpenEir that have the addresses so bit weird you saying other companies have the address since they all use OE's address system.

fritzelly wrote: »
    If you have never had a line from eir (new build?) then it's understandable the address doesn't exist
    Normally takes 24/48 hours to get added
    It's not actually eir but OpenEir that have the addresses so bit weird you saying other companies have the address since they all use OE's address system.

Thanks for reply - not a new build..house has been here since 2004 & previous tenants have had broadband (not sure who with, but surely Eir own all the lines ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Not knowing where you are it could be a virgin or magnet estate so no eir lines

• Advertisement

Centre of Kinsale - surrounded by Eir lines, 100m from live 2 x Fibre cabinet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Centre of Kinsale - surrounded by Eir lines, 100m from live 2 x Fibre cabinet...
    That's unusual most of the FTTH has been deployed outside areas that have FTTC as it's been mostly a rural rollout so far. Is Kinsale an exception?
    I just checked with a random eircode from the centre of Kinsale and there is no FTTH available only FTTC.

If you can only order with other companies what's the issue? It's saved you the hassle of signing up with the worst ISP in Ireland. 

tuxy wrote: »
    That's unusual most of the FTTH has been deployed outside areas that have FTTC as it's been mostly a rural rollout so far. Is Kinsale an exception?
    I just checked with a random eircode from the centre of Kinsale and there is no FTTH available only FTTC.

If you can only order with other companies what's the issue? It's saved you the hassle of signing up with the worst ISP in Ireland. 

Thanks tuxy - you’re right....only availability in Kinsale is FTTC. My mistake. I’m new to Kinsale (new to Ireland in fact) so am unfamiliar with broadband providers here.

Thanks for the heads up re Eir - is there a provider you would recommend ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks tuxy - you’re right....only availability in Kinsale is FTTC. My mistake. I’m new to Kinsale (new to Ireland in fact) so am unfamiliar with broadband providers here.

Thanks for the heads up re Eir - is there a provider you would recommend ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    No worries, welcome to Ireland :)

There are two providers that I consistently hear good things about over on the broadband forum Airwire and Digiweb. 

If you need any more advice the lads over on that forum may be able to help you. Airwire even has a rep that posts there consistently.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

No worries, welcome to Ireland :)

There are two providers that I consistently hear good things about over on the broadband forum Airwire and Digiweb. 

If you need any more advice the lads over on that forum may be able to help you. Airwire even has a rep that posts there consistently.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Thanks a million tuxy - really appreciate the help :)

I’ll take a look at that thread you suggested too ;)

Take care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Thanking you in advance
    Hi aymtzer, 

Could you PM the following details and I can get this investigated?
    1. Your Name
    2. Full Address
    3. Eircode

As soon as I get this information I can then get your address added. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi aymtzer, 

1. Your Name
    2. Full Address
    3. Eircode

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks Grainne - will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi aymtzer, 

1. Your Name
    2. Full Address
    3. Eircode

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks Grainne - will do
    No problem. 

Thanks for your PM. 

I will respond as soon as I get an update. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement