Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caps lock Yen sign

Options
  • 08-03-2019 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone has a solution.

My mam logs into her work computer remotely. When shes typing a doc the caps lock throws up a Yen symbol everytime it's pressed. It doesnt with the shift key but old habits. Ive remotely logged into her computer and remotely logged into her work computer through her computer. I cant replicate the issue. but when she typed it replicated whilst I was logged in.

Her keyboard settings are identical to mine, so I dont think thats the issue. M guess is she has somehow assigned a symbol to her Caps lock but the letters are coming out in capitals so the caps key is working

Has anyone a solution, her IT company dont seem too interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A short on the board etc would generate a different Latin key, not the Yen symbol so its not a hardware fail.

That makes me think driver messup local to her. That would impact her typing but not yours while RDPing to her. If she's on W10 locally (at home) then its more likely as each feature update installs all drivers from scratch and often makes a hames of things.

Remote in, set a reboot timer of 5 mins for safety, then uninstall all HIDs. When it comes back up it may be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

ED E wrote: »
    A short on the board etc would generate a different Latin key, not the Yen symbol so its not a hardware fail.

That makes me think driver messup local to her. That would impact her typing but not yours while RDPing to her. If she's on W10 locally (at home) then its more likely as each feature update installs all drivers from scratch and often makes a hames of things.

Remote in, set a reboot timer of 5 mins for safety, then uninstall all HIDs. When it comes back up it may be resolved.

Cheers, just went in and restored back a few weeks. Did the job

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PattyO88

Alt+190 = ¥
    Alt+0165 = ¥

Advertisement