Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

Yet another absolute shítshow from Mayo GAA TV again today!! Every day/game it's the same - always problems. They better be offering refunds!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

seligehgit wrote: »
    Totally agreed he oftentimes sacrifices far too much by way of his own game in such manmarking roles.

V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

BandMember wrote: »
    Yet another absolute shítshow from Mayo GAA TV again today!! Every day/game it's the same - always problems. They better be offering refunds!!

I rang them during the first game, got a text later saying they would be issuing refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

I rang them during the first game, got a text later saying they would be issuing refunds.

Who do you ring? Is their a contact number on the website. Total disaster today and yesterday.

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Who do you ring? Is their a contact number on the website. Total disaster today and yesterday.

Ya there's a mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Interesting to see two of Mayos biggests town teams making shapes in the county championship. Both got their act together at underage and flitering through now at senior. The other big town Castlebar had their worst championship in years, its unlikely Galway man Alan Flynn will be kept on for a 2nd year. The Donal Vaughan transfer didn't work out as much as he would have liked either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

So two tasty semi finals next weekend.

The Ballina Stephenites Knockmore clash should be an absolute cracker.

Similarly hard to call the Breaffy Westport game.

Hopefully any blips in the Mayo GAA TV streaming service will be fully resolved so all comers can enjoy this excellent double header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Interesting to see two of Mayos biggests town teams making shapes in the county championship. Both got their act together at underage and flitering through now at senior. The other big town Castlebar had their worst championship in years, its unlikely Galway man Alan Flynn will be kept on for a 2nd year. The Donal Vaughan transfer didn't work out as much as he would have liked either.

It is probably not the worst thing to happen that it has not turned out well for him. There are lessons in this for DV and any other player who is thinking this way. I would think alot of the trainers who helped him to get to the level he achieved would feel a little pissed by his move. He really has only himself to blame. It was such a stupid thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So two tasty semi finals next weekend.

The Ballina Stephenites Knockmore clash should be an absolute cracker.

Similarly hard to call the Breaffy Westport game.

Hopefully any blips in the Mayo GAA TV streaming service will be fully resolved so all comers can enjoy this excellent double header.

Big excitement around Ballina, this weekend will be massive

The Mitchels and Ballintubber showed signs of 2 teams that have been on the road a long time and will require some reenergizing and freshening up in terms of personnel.

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Big excitement around Ballina, this weekend will be massive

I'll have to shout for the Stephenites in that one as my dear mother is a native.

Knockmore were ridiculously impressive v Ballintubber.

The stream of talent on display last weekend fills me full of optimism for the senior county team going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll have to shout for the Stephenites in that one as my dear mother is a native.

Knockmore were ridiculously impressive v Ballintubber.

The stream of talent on display last weekend fills me full of optimism for the senior county team going forward

Knockmore controlled the game but I thought Ballintubber were way off their usual level. It was defensively that Knockmore impressed me more so than anything. Really disciplined and compact, tough man marking and very good in the tackle.

But a very quiet day from the O'Connors and Dillon's experience was missing in the 2nd half I thought. He didn't look injured, found it a strange call to take him off so early. Diarmuid looked injured/off the boil but I think credit to Knockmore defensively for keeping Cillian quiet.

Should be a cracker this weekend.

The free mayogaatv pass that Cairde tickets holders got, was that a monthly pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭boosabum

The free mayogaatv pass that Cairde tickets holders got, was that a monthly pass?

yes, the code provided allows the user access to the rest of the games.

The stream quality, unfortunately, suffers from going down too much and the resolution is poor.

Several clubs seem to be able to produce a better product via facebbook and youtube when streaming their own games or neutral matches.

boosabum wrote: »
    yes, the code provided allows the user access to the rest of the games.

The stream quality, unfortunately, suffers from going down too much and the resolution is poor.

Several clubs seem to be able to produce a better product via facebbook and youtube when streaming their own games or neutral matches.

Ah right, i was wondering why i had all the weekend's games free :) I thought the stream, when it was working, was great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Hanley's sending off was very soft and Breaffys are taking too much lead from Aidan O'Shea..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Westport have some serious talent and I think they will cause Breaffy all sorts of problems. I fancy themselves and Ballina to get through. Going to be two class games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Westport have some serious talent and I think they will cause Breaffy all sorts of problems. I fancy themselves and Ballina to get through. Going to be two class games.

the breaffy defence looked very porous in the first half against ballagh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Pearce Hanley has just announced his immediate retirement from AFL. I wonder if there is any chance of him coming back to play for Mayo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

KevinK wrote: »
    Pearce Hanley has just announced his immediate retirement from AFL. I wonder if there is any chance of him coming back to play for Mayo?

As we seen with Cian it takes a long time to get back up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Ya, think it’s unlikely. He’s quite old, settled in Australia, hasn’t been in great form and has had his injury issues. Still with the shortened season would be a good year to give it a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

KevinK wrote: »
    Ya, think it’s unlikely. He’s quite old, settled in Australia, hasn’t been in great form and has had his injury issues. Still with the shortened season would be a good year to give it a go!

31 and has being a full time professional for the last number if yrs jesus we would take him with 1 leg

naughto wrote: »
    31 and has being a full time professional for the last number if yrs jesus we would take him with 1 leg

Yeah he could still have something to offer. Certainly more than Gavin Duffy and there was plenty of hype around him rejoining the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yeah he could still have something to offer. Certainly more than Gavin Duffy and there was plenty of hype around him rejoining the squad.

Just opened a new gym in Oz apparently

• Advertisement

Mayo News Podcast

Club Semi Finals Preview

Very decent with some quality banter.

No Rob Murphy again.

https://www.podcastrepublic.net/podcast/911384007

Are the semi finals on mayogaa tv and is the season ticket offer still going?

irishgeo wrote: »

They will be broadcast but are not available for purchase as yet.

No idea re your second query.

I thought we got a monthly pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

I thought we got a monthly pass?

We did!

• Advertisement

Still nothing up on Mayo GAA TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Still nothing up on Mayo GAA TV?

The semis are up for me

The semis are up for me

Ta.

Issue with the mobile,sorted on the lappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The semis are up for me

Just realised that sounded a bit Julian Clary for a GAA forum:p

Emailed for a code yesterday. Nothing back yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can it be watched through smart tv or only laptop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

km79 wrote: »

i watched on my smart tv, should be fine as long as you have a browser on it

Just came on to ask the same thing :) Obv you can cast it from your laptop to TV (or used HDMI cable) but i could do with being able to use my laptop during the game this evening so if anyone has any suggestions?

Just came on to ask the same thing :) Obv you can cast it from your laptop to TV (or used HDMI cable) but i could do with being able to use my laptop during the game this evening so if anyone has any suggestions?

Cast it from your phone to the TV if you have an android phone. Not sure about iPhone and casting

Cast it from your phone to the TV if you have an android phone. Not sure about iPhone and casting

'
    Of course, i never even though of using the phone :o Cheers

• Advertisement

I'd imagine you watch via any device with a browser.

I'd imagine you watch via any device with a browser.

Yep found its much better using the browser. Even through an Xbox or PlayStation.

Yep found its much better using the browser. Even through an Xbox or PlayStation.

I should have said any compatible browser.

So who are peoples tipping?

Both games are hard to call but I give Westport a hesitant vote today and ditto Knockmore tomorrow.

Tomorrow's game is really hard to call.

Hope it is an improvement on the final group stage contest.

Match programmes are available here gratis.

Nice touch.

https://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10066155/

I should have said any compatible browser.

So who are peoples tipping?

Both games are hard to call but I give Westport a hesitant vote today and ditto Knockmore tomorrow.

Tomorrow's game is really hard to call.

Hope it is an improvement on the final group stage contest.

Breaffy by 7, Ballina by 1, for me.

I've absolutely no idea where the confidence has come from tbh, it wasn't there an hour ago.... and the first pint hasn't been poured yet.

Where did Liam Irwin disappear to this year?

PARlance wrote: »
    Breaffy by 7, Ballina by 1, for me.

I've absolutely no idea where the confidence has come from tbh, it wasn't there an hour ago.... and the first pint hasn't been poured yet.

breaffy defending was shocking the last day, they would need to improve

Where did Liam Irwin disappear to this year?

Playing soccer with Ballyheane.

breaffy defending was shocking the last day, they would need to improve

I won't deny that.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Playing soccer with Ballyheane.

Did he fall out with someone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement