Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

PARlance wrote: »
    Flynn will impact in and around the middle... what kind of impact that is, is the question. But I think he's a player built for Croker

I think so too. H
    Dubs willl try to rile him and may succeed. Might see a strangulation...

Also, im gunna give paddy power a few beans and bet that tommy goals will live up to his reputation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

We could also easily see COC in the sinbin as well. Dublin are gonna try their best to "upset" him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    I’m worried now having seen the benches
    We have damn all real options if the game is in the balance and we need to go and win it
    Carr is basically it
    Coen at a push

It's the defensive cover I'd be more worried about. Higgins is the only cover for me, as it stands.

We've a few options up there. Carr and Coen can certainly impact, Boland and Flynn can offer something as well from a little further out the pitch. If we're having any joy inside in our FF line then I don't mind seeing Boland coming on to help feed good ball into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

List of centra shops with match programme:

https://centra.ie/all-ireland-final-match-programme

(couldn't find supervalu list)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

List of centra shops with match programme:

https://centra.ie/all-ireland-final-match-programme

(couldn't find supervalu list)

I might head into bandit country and pick one up myself in Claremorris.
    Other downside to that place also at present is the level of Covid is through the roof also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Kevin Mc Stay's analysis on the Mayo News podcast is very good.

Re Clarke's kickouts he rightly points out the quick one two ( back pass ) to borrow some soccer parlance is no longer an option.

The fact the kickout has been moved forward,less grass for the Dubs to focus on.

ASS analysis makes stark reading

Attacks Shots Off Scores

40:30:20

Our stats are very poor vis a vis Dublin.

Makes mention of the
    Don't Foul analysis of the kickouts ( available on twitter ).

Dublin win nigh on 80% of their kickouts.

We're quite good on the short,medium range but fall to 51% when going long.

Given the stark difference in the ASS stats unless we can significantly shift the dial we'll be in massive trouble.

We could also easily see COC in the sinbin as well. Dublin are gonna try their best to "upset" him.

Hasnt got done in dublin yet afaik. He gives proportional to what he gets. With no working class in the hill i think it will be a free flowing game. Some yellows and nothing remarkable.

Squatman wrote: »
    Hasnt got done in dublin yet afaik. He gives proportional to what he gets. With no working class in the hill i think it will be a free flowing game. Some yellows and nothing remarkable.

Ah heor leave it ou'

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

The last few years when Mayo made the final the Hill was more red & green than blue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Dubs have an embarrassment of riches on the bench. To think Mannion is not making the starting 15. Easily one of the best footballers in the country, would take him in Mayo any day. Don't know what the Dubs here think about Small getting in ahead of Mannion? Would they rate him as much as Mannion? I wouldn't be as closely in the know on their respective form.

Durcan really could be the joker in the pack. Blows very hot and then very cold. If he was to be introduced and blow hot then he could hit 1-02 very easily. His pace is frightening.

Like he has never done in championship football before?
    Just like that? (His tally is 1-03) all time score

PressRun wrote: »
    Dubs have an embarrassment of riches on the bench. To think Mannion is not making the starting 15. Easily one of the best footballers in the country, would take him in Mayo any day. Don't know what the Dubs here think about Small getting in ahead of Mannion? Would they rate him as much as Mannion? I wouldn't be as closely in the know on their respective form.

Dont count any chickens til tomorrow

Dont count any chickens til tomorrow

Same for mayo. Might see higgins start to try quell an early implosion

Like he has never done in championship football before?
    Just like that? (His tally is 1-03) all time score

Let's see if he is sprung about 60mins in if the game is loosening up.

See the IT has Kev Mcs occupation down as garda, when did he leave teaching or is it a mistake like listing Cillian as a teacher when he left it last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’m worried now having seen the benches
    We have damn all real options if the game is in the balance and we need to go and win it
    Carr is basically it
    Coen at a push

I think Coen could make a huge difference. He was lethal the last day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think Coen could make a huge difference. He was lethal the last day

Yeah if it’s tight and we need a long range score he might be the man alright

James Durkan has pace but has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is at a level to cause damage against the dubs . I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a change to the 26 and he drops out

See the IT has Kev Mcs occupation down as garda, when did he leave teaching or is it a mistake like listing Cillian as a teacher when he left it last year?

Kevin Mc is still a muinteoir in Rice College as far as I know.

James Durkan has pace but has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is at a level to cause damage against the dubs . I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a change to the 26 and he drops out

Fionn comes in!:pac:

• Advertisement

Small has impressed powerful player. Mannion has not played well and not offered as much as Small. Dub fans are more surprised how Howard has not been starting.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Kevin Mc is still a muinteoir in Rice College as far as I know.

He is

Small has impressed powerful player. Mannion has not played well and not offered as much as Small. Dub fans are more surprised how Howard has not been starting.

Howard an interesting omission. Certainly a terrific option off the bench though. And who do you drop to make way for him?

Howard an interesting omission. Certainly a terrific option off the bench though. And who do you drop to make way for him?

Sean Bugler I would have thought?

Sean Bugler I would have thought?

Does he deserve to be dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Agreed on Durcan, has never looked good enough

For me Scully his the one of those 6 forwards who hasn't caught the eye as much since the restart. Now I know he does an immense amount of work which is unseen.

Probably not but he's the most vulnerable of the forwards to the chop.

Kilkenny,O Callaghan,Rock are certainties.

Small is an inside forward.Mannion's competition.

No chance Scully will be dropped.

For me Scully his the one of those 6 forwards who hasn't caught the eye as much since the restart. Now I know he does an immense amount of work which is unseen.

IMO he's an unspectacular grafter who doesn't score heavily but is very effective in his role.Big engine on him.

Anyhow I'm done talking about our opponents players.

Time to big up our lads!

• Advertisement

Will we release Keegan??

Will we release Keegan??

For what?

Personally I don't think he has the conditioning or indeed the legs this year to do what we have seen in previous years. Mullin has been given the old Zippy role that allows some licence to attack. Keegan has to stay and mind. He might not like it but that's the scenario.

Well the day we've all been waiting for is finally uponst us.

It's has seemed like an eternity.

It's time for one final battle cry.

Very best of luck to the lads.

We'll be very proud of them irrespective of the result as they as always will leave it all on the field.

Muigheo Abu!

Lovely article with the great Paddy Prendergast.

Craving for the mantle to be finally passed onto another generation after all these years.

'Do you think that prayer would make a difference?' - Mayo's All-Ireland survivor (94) hoping for one more win

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/do-you-think-that-prayer-would-make-a-difference-mayos-all-ireland-survivor-94-hoping-for-one-more-win-39879858.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Fionn mcdonagh was the name I was looking out for ?
    What’s Ciaran Treacys story this year too. He must be injured ?
    James Durkan just isn’t good enough for this level of opposition

F mcD injured is he not, I agree on durcan, 2 flukey goals are all he's really done

F mcD injured is he not, I agree on durcan, 2 flukey goals are all he's really done

Il take flukey.... from the programme it has been 2016 since Aos scored a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

The head and the heart are not expecting the same outcome here at all, but as always I'm going with the heart!!

Maigh Eo Abú

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Surprisingly calm about today, but moreso because I'm firmly in the camp that there is very little chance of an upset today.

Of course there is always a chance, but I just think there are too many variables that have to fall our way for it to happen.

Stranger things have happened though. Best of luck to the team.

Surprisingly calm about today, but moreso because I'm firmly in the camp that there is very little chance of an upset today.

Of course there is always a chance, but I just think there are too many variables that have to fall our way for it to happen.

Stranger things have happened though. Best of luck to the team.

Realistically we need an average rating across our team of 9+ and Dublin need to be about 8 plus we need that little bit of luck to fall our way as well.

Realistically we need an average rating across our team of 9+ and Dublin need to be about 8 plus we need that little bit of luck to fall our way as well.

When it reads like that, I tend to think 'we can f*cking do this'.

But then my mental shock-absorber tells me to cop the f*ck on, it can't handle any more.

• Advertisement

Absolutely
    And in a one off game between two relatively closely matched teams it’s impossible
    Dublin have played NOTHING in almost a year
    We need to start well and try and catch them cold for a couple of goals instead of playing catch up . If we fall even 4/5 behind early we are in trouble .
    Let’s bring the chaos
    Horanball
    Choo choo im on board
    Let’s roll baby

Yes I am getting excited :D

Read the article.

It's a very very disappointing attitude and disrespectful.

Not sure if he was misquoted.

Otherwise the ultimate of clickbait.

If these are the true thoughts of Doctor David Hickey he's better to keep them close to his chest than express same in public.

Can he not simply glow in the aftermath of a 5 in an row as opposed to going at it for a county that have experienced a real dearth of real success?

Read the article.

It's a very very disappointing attitude and disrespectful.

Not sure if he was misquoted.

Otherwise the ultimate of clickbait.

If these are the true thoughts of Doctor David Hickey he's better to keep them close to his chest than express same in public.

Can he not simply glow in the aftermath of a 5 in an row as opposed to going at it for a county that have experienced a real dearth of real success?

The fact he asked at the very start when it would be published tells me a lot about his character and that he wasnt misquoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I think Dr Hickey was asked write a piece of clickbait and he duly obliged.

I think Dr Hickey can go and **** himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Don't know anything about that chap, but comes across as a very uneducated individual who has grown up with some chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Wishing ye all the best for later today

Don't think midfield and corner backs are set up for a win

On the flip a fully fit coc is a much better player than the dubs have played in the last 3 years and the other 2 in the full forward line means he will have space

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRnXgvyScA

This is all we need to watch until 5pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Don't know anything about that chap, but comes across as a very uneducated individual who has grown up with some chip on his shoulder.

And With a silver spoon in his mouth

Anybody receive their digital programme yet?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement