Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Don't think the weather is meant to be great for the match. Might turn into a bit of a slog. Could be a low scoring affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PressRun wrote: »
    Don't think the weather is meant to be great for the match. Might turn into a bit of a slog. Could be a low scoring affair.

On a positive note, it can't be any worse than the League meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

The forecast isnt bad at all, might be a few light showers beforehand but thats about the worst of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

jr86 wrote: »
    Kehoes generally always show GAA in my experience, regardless of what else is on. You'll do well to see the full game properly though, as its busy on saturday evenings at this time of year and the tvs are small out the front

Sinnotts will show it somewhere but may have a big crowd in for Rugby. Its a bit depressing in there on a summer's evening though :p

Surely the Portbello will be showing the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

PressRun wrote:

Where are you seeing this? No site I've looked at shows bad weather at all.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Surely the Portbello will be showing the game?

It would but it's a fair bit outside the City Centre. There'll be no shortage of pubs showing it I'm sure, it may be best to head a little outside of town to get a better atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Here is that Brogan goal, just for old times sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Still the greatest GAA goal of all time.

FFS.

It's not even the best goal in his own family. ;)

https://youtu.be/YbMBO2dj2VE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Bit of drizzle/light rain at most and that would be unlucky. its dry for weeks here in Castlebar, ground rock hard. Mayo win by 5 or 6 points IMO. Now back to the weather forum for me. Enjoy the game all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Where are you seeing this? No site I've looked at shows bad weather at all.

Just what I heard from someone else admittedly. I've been out of the country the last while so haven't seen what it's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ProudDUB wrote: »
    FFS.

It's not even the best goal in his own family. ;)

https://youtu.be/YbMBO2dj2VE

Nor even the top two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

threein99 wrote:
    Any decent pub recommendations to watch the match in Dublin City centre on Saturday ?

Mayes on Dorset street will probably show it as there is a Rossie connection there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Jeju wrote: »
    Mayes on Dorset street will probably show it as there is a Rossie connection there

Nice one, cheers

Mayo team to play Roscommon on Saturday 25th May at 19.00 in Mac Hale Park.

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
    2. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
    3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
    6. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
    7. Lee Keegan - Westport
    8. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
    9. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
    10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
    11. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber(C)
    13. Evan Regan - Ballina Stephenites
    14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
    15. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

The two corner backs the only two players in their 30s starting there?

During the winter I felt Mayo would still have to potentially rely on old stagers for 2019 but its great to see new players emerging - and in central positions too.

1-9 is as good as what's around in those positions - ok Plunkett is raw yet but its a big confidence vote to see him starting ahead of Boyle.

Still think the forwards look bare without COC, but given what's available its probably the best selection Mayo have. Regan has had an up and down Mayo career to date but he's bringing in some good form, and he's probably the best free-taker without COC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He's probably the best free-taker without COC.

Doc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Doc?

Hennelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Its counting a few chickens but I was looking at the train for the Connacht final. Last train fron Galway to Dublin is 6pm which is tight. Does anyone know from experience if they might put on a later one for the match?

Its counting a few chickens but I was looking at the train for the Connacht final. Last train fron Galway to Dublin is 6pm which is tight. Does anyone know from experience if they might put on a later one for the match?

Doubt they would, Citylink bus runs every hour up until 21:15 on Sundays as a fall back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

PARlance wrote: »
    Doubt they would, Citylink bus runs every hour up until 21:15 on Sundays as a fall back.

Pain in the hole, cans arent nearly as enjoyable on a bus.

The two corner backs the only two players in their 30s starting there?

During the winter I felt Mayo would still have to potentially rely on old stagers for 2019 but its great to see new players emerging - and in central positions too.

1-9 is as good as what's around in those positions - ok Plunkett is raw yet but its a big confidence vote to see him starting ahead of Boyle.

Still think the forwards look bare without COC, but given what's available its probably the best selection Mayo have. Regan has had an up and down Mayo career to date but he's bringing in some good form, and he's probably the best free-taker without COC.

Can't agree with that.He's blows very hot and cold and is largely a right sided free taker.

Kevin Mc simply shouldn't be burdened with a task he's clearly less than comfortable with.

Jason Doherty historically was a very good option when Cillian O Connor want available.His level of consistency has declined but he'd still be the man I'd be most happy to see taking frees in the absence of Cillian.

I still recall a couple of high pressure frees he nailed in the 2017 semi final replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If they beat Galway in a Connacht final, you won't mind if you're in the boot of a car!! (and as long as you have the cans).

How are you going to cope on Saturday night?:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Billy Joe highlighted the number of goals chances we gave up during the league last night, that could be vital on Sat night, goals win games.
    But he expects the bench will be the key and expect us to pull away in the last quarter.
    Rossies were unlucky to get relegated so I see a big challenge ahead of us with a few new additions in that Rossie team since last year.

Ill take a couple of points win to take to us to Salthill. Need a big game from Robbie, Aidan and Diarmuid.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Brilliant first half from our minors.....mayo 4 08 Ross 3......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

eastmayo wrote:
    Brilliant first half from our minors.....mayo 4 08 Ross 3......

Their movement, kick passing and speed is something to behold. The Rossies looked very unfit.

Full time Mayo 4-14 Roscommon 0-5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m apprehensive about tomorrow’s game
    Hoping for a 5/6 point win
    With no injuries or suspensions.......

• Advertisement

No James Carr on bench ?

Sky arena is it?

Sky arena is it?

And Main Event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hennelly is a liability in the goal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Woeful defending by Mayo for both goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Brutal stuff so far. No pace, bad defending, very poor mayo shooting. Mayo playing without urgency are a very ordinary team.

Mayo lucky to be only 2 points down at the break. All to do in 2nd half, and a nasty drizzle to contend with as well.

Horan Ball in full effect
    Shambolic defensively
    Please just put Clarke back in goal as well
    Does my nut in

They drag hennelly up for the frees despite him being really poor from placed balls, surely they'd have some forward capable of putting the ball over.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

They drag hennelly up for the frees despite him being really poor from placed balls, surely they'd have some forward capable of putting the ball over.

Doherty not much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That wasn’t a free, justice. Congrats ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Should have left it to Loftus.

Strumms wrote: »
    That wasn’t a free, justice. Congrats ��

There were lots more that he let go. Well done Rossies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Oooooh has to hurt.

Doherty not much better.

Poor from mayo to not have anyone to score a free, came back to bite them in the end. Still fancy them to get to the super 8s.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Dire stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Can’t argue with that result. Too many wides again, but a number of our lads just not at it today.
    Well done to Roscommon, they took their chances when they got them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ye'll get a soft draw in qualifiers but that was a fierce poor effort. I still reckon ye get Super 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Bring back David Clarke. Yet again Hennelly costs us the game between the goal mess up and missed 45's.
    Darren coen and AoS good game. Too many others having an off day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Up the Rossies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement