Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Is there a season pass for GAAGO? Thought someone mentioned it but can find it on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Is there a season pass for GAAGO? Thought someone mentioned it but can find it on the website.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0506/1214137-gaago-to-stream-non-televised-allianz-league-games/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

It was meant to be released today but the GaaGo FB page says tomorrow (Thursday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

naughto wrote: »

Thats the international one afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thats the international one afaik.

No, thats the GB one, the International one is yet another product but no mention at all on the website yet, its very poor marketing and promotion. And you would think they would have all this decided by now and a list of games available for each pass, cship considerations notwithstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Looks like it's available now.

https://www.gaago.ie/packages

552803.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

DDC1990 wrote:
    It was meant to be released today but the GaaGo FB page says tomorrow (Thursday).

Yeah so it's gone live now. Sorry if I lead you astray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/PL5-21-F-W2U for the Mayo v Down game. €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I heard a few weeks back about Tunney from Breaffy being on the panel, Ah Ref mentioned it in his pod which reminded me.
    Not an attack on him cause I don’t know what kind of a footballer he is, more a comment on Horan - How can a guy who stays on the bench for the county final be called into the senior panel? I’m all for young lads getting experience but surely you have to be established in your own club first?
    From Knockmore you’ve Seàn Holmes, involved with the U-20s and outstanding for us last year. It’s makes no sense how this lad would be involved before him. I pick Holmes cause I’ve seen him a lot but there’s bound to be loads of other examples.

It makes no sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Green&Red wrote: »
    I heard a few weeks back about Tunney from Breaffy being on the panel, Ah Ref mentioned it in his pod which reminded me.
    Not an attack on him cause I don’t know what kind of a footballer he is, more a comment on Horan - How can a guy who stays on the bench for the county final be called into the senior panel? I’m all for young lads getting experience but surely you have to be established in your own club first?
    From Knockmore you’ve Seàn Holmes, involved with the U-20s and outstanding for us last year. It’s makes no sense how this lad would be involved before him. I pick Holmes cause I’ve seen him a lot but there’s bound to be loads of other examples.

It makes no sense to me

I don't know much about either player but you dont know the circumstances of why he was on the bench,he could have been carrying an injury.
    I'd trust Horan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kalyke wrote: »
    https://www.gaago.ie/fixture/PL5-21-F-W2U for the Mayo v Down game. €5

Debating paying the full 25
    Realistically though I’ll probably only watch the 2 mayo games and all the rest of our games will be televised

It makes no sense to me

Who is taking his place on the breaffy team?
    Is it not better to leave homes on the u-20s where he is a regular starter than to have him in the seniors not getting a game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got that Goalies Jersey delivered today. Class top and they even threw in a travel mug :D

naughto wrote: »
    Who is taking his place on the breaffy team?
    Is it not better to leave homes on the u-20s where he is a regular starter than to have him in the seniors not getting a game

Absolutely it is, I was using Holmes as an example of one player in the county who would appear to be better qualified to be brought into a county panel.

It’s more that I would think being a starter and a solid performer for your club team would be a prerequisite for a call up to the county panel.

Again not an attack on Tunney himself, he might turn out to be the next Keith Higgins

Got that Goalies Jersey delivered today. Class top and they even threw in a travel mug :D

It does look like a very nice jersey
    I’ll wait till the shops open but I think I’ll get it too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What is the sizing like? I'm a small in the previous kit but a medium in the kit before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

What is the sizing like? I'm a small in the previous kit but a medium in the kit before that.

don't be crowing about your weight loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Absolutely it is, I was using Holmes as an example of one player in the county who would appear to be better qualified to be brought into a county panel.

It’s more that I would think being a starter and a solid performer for your club team would be a prerequisite for a call up to the county panel.

Again not an attack on Tunney himself, he might turn out to be the next Keith Higgins

Not an attack but it's a bit of a dig. Tunney has a Minor All Star from 2019, he was injured last year afaik, it's not as if he was plucked from the obscurity of the Breaffy bench.

Minor All Star from 2019 gets called up to senior squad has a bit of a better ring to it than Horan calls up Breaffy Sub.

As many of that Knockmore team should be getting chances imo. I don't necessarily agree that a young lad needs to be a solid performer on his club team either before getting a call up. Get them involved in the county set up nice and early, it generally takes 2 or 3 years before they're up to pace from a S&C perspective these days.

PARlance wrote: »
    Not an attack but it's a bit of a dig. Tunney has a Minor All Star from 2019, he was injured last year afaik, it's not as if he was plucked from the obscurity of the Breaffy bench.

Minor All Star from 2019 gets called up to senior squad has a bit of a better ring to it than Horan calls up Breaffy Sub.

As many of that Knockmore team should be getting chances imo. I don't necessarily agree that a young lad needs to be a solid performer on his club team either before getting a call up. Get them involved in the county set up nice and early, it generally takes 2 or 3 years before they're up to pace from a S&C perspective these days.

ya i tend to agree, obv Horan sees soemthing he likes, be it attitude, ability, whatever and thinks he's a good prospect so bring him in now, why not?

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »

There’s development panels for that though, literally to make sure they don’t fall behind on S&C and are ready to go into a senior panel.

I got it in a medium and it's still loose enough despite lockdown not being kind to me. I'd say go for small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I got it in a medium and it's still loose enough despite lockdown not being kind to me. I'd say go for small.

Player fit doesn't seem to be an option for some reason on the new jersey's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

There’s development panels for that though, literally to make sure they don’t fall behind on S&C and are ready to go into a senior panel.

Sure he's probably only on the development panel. there were >40 players on sportsfile and we're not going to have a panel of that size for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

km79 wrote: »
    Debating paying the full 25
    Realistically though I’ll probably only watch the 2 mayo games and all the rest of our games will be televised

Really? Didn't realise that the Mayo games would be on TV, seeing as they were relegated. I thought it was only the top tier games being shown. That's excellent. I was a bit despondent at the thought of having to sit through the likes of Kerry, Dublin, Donegal, Tyrone etc.
    I must look up the TV scheduling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Really? Didn't realise that the Mayo games would be on TV, seeing as they were relegated. I thought it was only the top tier games being shown. That's excellent. I was a bit despondent at the thought of having to sit through the likes of Kerry, Dublin, Donegal, Tyrone etc.

I'm in the same boat, anyone able to point me to where can you find this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Think KM meant that all of Mayo's championship games will probably be televised.

MacDanger wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, anyone able to point me to where can you find this?

Hasnt been finalised yet afaik

Only one league game on TV, Westmeath match is on eirpsort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Think KM meant that all of Mayo's championship games will probably be televised.

We're more than likely playing Sligo and Leitrim in the Connacht Championship. Very unlikely both, or indeed either, of those will be televised. We should get use out of the gaa go package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1393219564696113153

Team named......interesting selection!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

9 of the All-Ireland final team starting and of course David Clarke, Chris Barrett retired since then.

Stephen Coen,, Eoghan McLaughlin; Conor Loftus,; Aidan O’Shea the 4 missing.

PhoneMain wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1393219564696113153

Team named......interesting selection!

That gave me a headache trying to read that.

Feck we are a few more down there now in the half back line too
    This is a very dangerous game

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

division 2 will get massive attention this year with mayo involved... would have been some nice away trips...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hennelly:o
    Happy enough with that team and fionn mcdonagh playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

9 of the All-Ireland final team starting and of course David Clarke, Chris Barrett retired since then.

Stephen Coen,, Eoghan McLaughlin; Conor Loftus,; Aidan O’Shea the 4 missing.

Still seems like the start of a new era.

I will be interesting to see who makes the bench.

Hoping Eoin O Donoghue gets some game time.

Great to have the football back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

seligehgit wrote: »
    Still seems like the start of a new era.

I will be interesting to see who makes the bench.

Hoping Eoin O Donoghue gets some game time.

Great to have the football back!

The new era started last year really. This year is riskier in that we can't turn to the old reliables like Higgins and Barrett. The likes of Mullin are going to have to become leaders very quickly and you'd hope they can do that.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes a lot more sense if I had thought it through properly.

I was having a look at the GAA Go website. Says it's €25 for the package - for all games not televised. If Westmeath is the only game on TV, then that mean 6 games not televised, and would be on the GAA Go. Seems great value. And you don't have to watch the game live if it doesn't suit. ie.. can log in later and watch it.
    That's like €4 per game, and then there's all of the other games to watch as well.

Am I missing something? Is there some catch that I am missing. For €25, seems like massive value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Is there a bench named?
    I wonder is Eoghan McLaughlin injured and where is Stephen Coen?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Nothing on that front so far.

Peter Naughton is the Sligo bench.

I was having a look at the GAA Go website. Says it's €25 for the package - for all games not televised. If Westmeath is the only game on TV, then that mean 6 games not televised, and would be on the GAA Go. Seems great value. And you don't have to watch the game live if it doesn't suit. ie.. can log in later and watch it.
    That's like €4 per game, and then there's all of the other games to watch as well.

Am I missing something? Is there some catch that I am missing. For €25, seems like massive value.

All the Div 1 games are on TV so you wouldn't be able to watch any of them

All the Div 1 games are on TV so you wouldn't be able to watch any of them

I bought it. When I looked further into the fixtures, I hadn't realised that there are only 3 league matches per team, and for MAyo, the Westmeath game is televised. So basically, that just leaves the 2 Mayo games, no division 1 games, and a handful of the more top-level games from division 2 to really watch. I'm not really into hurling. And most of the championship games will be on TV, and presumably the league playoff games will be on TV.

So overall, it's not as glamourous as it seems, unless one is a a loose end, and decides to throw on the likes of say Tipperary versus Fermanagh or something that may not seem glamourous. That being said, there are bound to be some cracking games that generally will not makes the headlines like the Kerrys and Dublins.

Bench

Is the screen still black for anyone else ?
    Never mind it’s working now

km79 wrote: »
    Is the screen still black for anyone else ?

Ya it is

Casting looks good
    Casts just the match and not the whole computer screen

1.55 I think it should be on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

GaaGo keeps declining my payments across multiple cards. Anyone else have that problem?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement