Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Top class stream.

km79 wrote: »
    Casting looks good
    Casts just the match and not the whole computer screen

Casting off the phone using the GAAGO app.

Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They could give that camera a wipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

seligehgit wrote: »
    Top class stream.

Wish they would wipe the bloody camera though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tommy G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Very open game so far. Should suit us.

I don’t know who is doing the roaring
    I assume it’s horan
    Whoever it is loves Jordo 🀣

Water breaks ?????

Enjoyable game.

Ryan O Donoghue and Tommy Conroy are both really impressing thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Enjoyable game.

Ryan O Donoghue and Tommy Conroy are both really impressing thus far.

Conroy looks like he bulked up a bit around the shoulders anyway.

Very enjoyable game
    The second goal would have killed it .
    Lots playing well but the job Jordan Flynn is doing has caught my eye
    We might have our new Donie !

We are flying now ! Picked up where we left off in the winter
    Love to see it :)

The Conroy O Donoghue axis is a joy to behold.

Ciilian's really on song with the place kicks.

Ciilian's really on song with the place kicks.

Again the short season might suit him

• Advertisement

Not an impressive last 15. Down had a real chance there to make it a very entertaining last 5.

Not an impressive last 15. Down had a real chance there to make it a very entertaining last 5.

Indeed very sloppy last 15 minutes or so.

Great to see Aidan Orme get a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Vish81

Tommy Conroy looks a proper player,

Vish81 wrote: »
    Tommy Conroy looks a proper player,

Yeah and that was clear goal chance.

Tommy Conroy MOTM IMO.

• Advertisement

Been some very lazy tacking but it one of most trigger happy refs I've seen in a while. Both side have got so many soft frees. Just let the game go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Overall an enjoyable and good first outing by Mayo. Looking sharp. Great to have new talent like Tommy Conroy and Oisin Mullins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Solid start

Not what can be said for our neighbours. As was said in the ah ref group if this was Walsh he’d be slated

https://twitter.com/refcomeon/status/1393584526165696512?s=21

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good solid performance. We looked comfortable through most of the match but disappointed with the drop of intensity in the 2nd half.
    Sloppy play caused their goal but that's the only negative.
    Really enjoyed the display from Conroy. Saw pic of him on Connaught telegraph site!! He has bulked up!

Thought the experienced lads just kept us calm.
    I know Down came from division 3 but they pushed Cavan close and our home record is shocking.
    Westmeath should be a tighter affair.

Tyrone and Donegal tight game as expected.
    As for our noisy neighbors, crazy score but that's an average 14 point loss now in their last 3 league games. Big game against Roscommon next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Typical drop in intensity late in the game. We really need to address that but it's going on so long now, I don't know if it'll ever change.

Tommy Conroy looks like he's been in the gym. A great day out for him. Would really like to see him come on a lot this year and cement his place.

Was good to see Aidan Orme get a run out too. One to keep an eye on.

PressRun wrote: »
    Typical drop in intensity late in the game. We really need to address that but it's going on so long now, I don't know if it'll ever change.

Tommy Conroy looks like he's been in the gym. A great day out for him. Would really like to see him come on a lot this year and cement his place.

Was good to see Aidan Orme get a run out too. One to keep an eye on.

We have a few nice options in the forward line now .......is James Carr injured again ? He is a bit bigger and stronger than the other lads so I’m hoping he is still around but I do still suspect himself and Horan are not pulling ! He gives us a slightly different option . I’d rather see him coming on than Darren Coen for example .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

We have a few nice options in the forward line now .......is James Carr injured again ? He is a bit bigger and stronger than the other lads so I’m hoping he is still around but I do still suspect himself and Horan are not pulling ! He gives us a slightly different option . I’d rather see him coming on than Darren Coen for example .

I suspect that with Jimmy Carr, it takes him a lot longer to get up to the pitch of the season. Each year he only seems to appear towards the business end of things. Does he like to winter well?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 The Supporter

Mayo were very lucky to defeat Meath by one point in Navan last year. Westmeath only lost by one point to Meath last Sunday in Navan. We can not afford to underestimate Westmeath in their home pitch next Saturday, successful teams always respect the opposition. The centre of our defence was opened up on a few occasions last Saturday, which is a big concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Keith Higgins was on Off the Ball yesterday for a longish interview....it popped up on my podcast feed today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Keith Higgins was on Off the Ball yesterday for a longish interview....it popped up on my podcast feed today

It’s well worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Blackjack wrote: »
    It’s well worth a listen.

Great interview.

Heard through the grapevine that James Carr is injured.Jason Doherty has suffered a setback of sorts in his on going recovery.

110,000 euro raised thus far via the Laochra Mhaigheo initiative for the pitch development of the 250,000 euro target.

Westport GAA are in the process of auctioning another house and Mayo GAA are hoping to follow this fundraising template next year.

Glad tidings as Oisin Mullin has only recently started working with Port West,Paddy Durcan is working with Bank of Ireland.I believe Zippy is back in place,good news for the hurlers.

James Carr and Fergal Boland are now working in Balla secondary school.

The Covid 19 pandemic undoubtedly has reduced the perennial difficulties a number of our players have had vis a vis long commutes from urban centres to training with some players now working/studying at home.

It is imperative that our players continue to obtain gainful employment as close to home if they so wish to help maximise our chances of getting to the top table.

Great interview.

Heard through the grapevine that James Carr is injured.Jason Doherty has suffered a setback of sorts in his on going recovery.

110,000 euro raised thus far via the Laochra Mhaigheo initiative for the pitch development of the 250,000 euro target.

Westport GAA are in the process of auctioning another house and Mayo GAA are hoping to follow this fundraising template next year.

Glad tidings as Oisin Mullin has only recently started working with Port West,Paddy Durcan is working with Bank of Ireland.I believe Zippy is back in place,good news for the hurlers.

The Covid 19 pandemic undoubtedly has reduced the perennial difficulties a number of our players have had vis a vis long commutes from urban centres to training with players working/studying at home.

It is imperative that our players continue to obtain gainful employment as close to home if they so wish to help maximise our chances of getting to the top table.

Good news on those lads getting work closer to home.

You're 100% on the money on how we need to keep these lads as close to home as possible. How the likes of Chris Barrett kept going with the journeys to training and then club games with Belmullet I'll never know. Same for all the others who live and work in dublin. I've done that journey often enough to know that if you were to do it week in week out, it'll take a fair bit out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Blackjack wrote: »
    Good news on those lads getting work closer to home.

You're 100% on the money on how we need to keep these lads as close to home as possible. How the likes of Chris Barrett kept going with the journeys to training and then club games with Belmullet I'll never know. Same for all the others who live and work in dublin. I've done that journey often enough to know that if you were to do it week in week out, it'll take a fair bit out of you.

Yeah that journey is bad enough but to do it up and down in one night for a training session is rough. Barrett also had an early start with work and was saying he'd be getting work done on the journey. Add in a wife, kids and the stresses of life on top of that. It's some commitment to give.

Yeah that journey is bad enough but to do it up and down in one night for a training session is rough. Barrett also had an early start with work and was saying he'd be getting work done on the journey. Add in a wife, kids and the stresses of life on top of that. It's some commitment to give.

and yet the **** that gets written about them from some quarters....

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

Great interview.

The Covid 19 pandemic undoubtedly has reduced the perennial difficulties a number of our players have had vis a vis long commutes from urban centres to training with some players now working/studying at home.

That's quite the fruiful grapevine.... There are more meaningful updates in there than in a month's worth of the Mayo News! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just listened to the Higgins interview. Speaks very well and comes across as very genuine, which tbf is how anyone I know who has met him describes him.

One thing that annoyed me was the interviewer keeping on about the no all Ireland in the space of a few minutes. He was just looking for his click bait sound bite but Higgins played it well saying he had great days and doesnt think about it cos he would drive himself mad. The man had a career any player would bite your hand off for.

I'd say he would be a wily aul character with a hurl. Best of luck to him.

According to James Horan on the Mayo News podcast Jason Doherty trained on the morning of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Same team as last week named
    It's in eir by the looks of things not on gaago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

naughto wrote: »
    Same team as last week named
    It's in eir by the looks of things not on gaago

Shame Eir Sports is shutting down.

Bench

Rory Byrne
    Jack Coyne
    Colm Boyle
    Fergal Boland
    James McCormack
    Eoghan McLaughlin
    Stephen Coen
    Aidan Orme
    Conor Loftus
    Bryan Walsh
    Darren Coen

Mad west for me today

Ben Doyle
    Eoghan McLaughlin
    Conor Loftus start

• Advertisement

Making hard work of this.

Enjoyable first half of football.

Ref applied the new rule correctly on the goal scoring chance.

Ben Doyle struggled in the corner.

Tommy Conroy has been very quiet.

Nonetheless we've played some decent by football,showing patience and using the full width of the pitch and letting the shooters do the business.

The half back line has been very impressive,ditto Matthew Ruane,Conor Loftus and Ryan O Donoghue.

Heslin and O Toole are as expected causing us plenty of headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Ref applied the new rule correctly on the goal scoring chance.

Even in the old rules that would have been a penalty and black card.

Hats off to Paddy Durcan.

Superb display.

Nervy ending.

Cillian's game intelligence was essential in closing out the game.

Better second half for Tommy.

Crucial save by Robbie,a resurgent Boyler can count himself a lucky boy no penalty was rewarded.

Ownership of the number one jersey seems to have instilled Robbie with a great sense of confidence.Good day at the office.

Heslin was very hot and cold with his shooting.

Good cameo from Bryan Walsh and a few minutes game time for Jack Carney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mad west for me today

Same

Declan Reilly on co-com I think, not sure I’d agree with a lot of what he says

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement