Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

km79 wrote: »
    Monaghan drew Fermanagh in round one
    Nasty enough draw
    Would rather avoid the winners of that one in round 2

Ulster teams are generally the ones to avoid in the early rounds of the qualifiers. Down probably next to Monaghan among that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

yop wrote: »
    Frustrating to say the least, those who needed to pull out the big games imploded. Robbie had one great game in the league final but has reverted to form with Saturdays performance. Can't be trusted not to mess up and that will kill our backline. Also his conversion rate now can't leave him in that position to take frees.
    Rossies forwards are some of the best out there, and while I expected them to take us on I didn't see it been that easy.
    Poor performances from our most experienced players but hats off to Coen, quality scores and was easily our top forward.
    Horan did his usual and hasn't learned from his years watching us in the studios.

We are still in the championship and it would be silly to rule us out. But it will come down to the reaction of Horan now around the goalkeeper, sticking with a free taker and shifting it from one to the next. His subs were much too late and a kick in the teeth to seeing Andy come in ahead of some of them.

As for the Galway lads on here celebrating, Cox will have a field day with that FB line, so don't go counting too many chickens just yet, but Galway won't have 17 wides so should still win.

Brolly performance last night was very poor to say the least, for someone who gets a regular bed in Mayo he really is burning bridges. If we get him in the masters this year he'll certainly get the attention he is seeking ;)

I've seen the above bolded bit a few times now, but Andy came from the bench, won almost every ball sent his way and kicked one good score as part of the comeback. I know he was blocked down for what ended up being the winning point for Roscommon on the counter, but it's not like he came on and did nothing. He made an impact, as he would have been expected to. And as much of an impact as anyone else on the bench would have or did.

I also think some of the criticism of Harrison is unfair. Cox is a class act and the 3 points he kicked were superb. One on one, I don't think anyone in the country would have done a better job. Coen kicked 5 points from play up the other end, and I didn't see his man being singled out for criticism.

Overall, obviously really disappointed with the result, but Roscommon were well up for that game and we've seen before that they can do damage when they're in that mood. Even despite that, Mayo could and probably should have won with the amount of wides they kicked and the poor 2nd goal conceded, but these things happen.

Best of luck to Roscommon and I am looking forward to the qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Ulster teams are generally the ones to avoid in the early rounds of the qualifiers. Down probably next to Monaghan among that lot.

Draw is:

Louth v Antrim
    Down v Tipperary
    Leitrim v Wicklow
    Wexford v Derry
    Offaly v London
    Monaghan v Fermanagh
    Carlow v Kildare/Longford
    Westmeath v Waterford

Monaghan obviously the one to avoid there, but the winner of Down and Tipp could well be tricky too

Even Westmeath, Longford or Derry could potentially push Mayo at home, on a good day.

That said should be surely navigating this round but will only get trickier

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

jr86 wrote: »
    Draw is:

Louth v Antrim
    Down v Tipperary
    Leitrim v Wicklow
    Wexford v Derry
    Offaly v London
    Monaghan v Fermanagh
    Carlow v Kildare/Longford
    Westmeath v Waterford

Monaghan obviously the one to avoid there, but the winner of Down and Tipp could well be tricky too

Even Westmeath, Longford or Derry could potentially push Mayo at home, on a good day.

That said should be surely navigating this round but will only get trickier

If ye are destined to meet the winner of Monaghan v Fermanagh, for the sake of your supporters and your players mental well-being, best to meet Monaghan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Padkir wrote: »
    I've seen the above bolded bit a few times now, but Andy came from the bench, won almost every ball sent his way and kicked one good score as part of the comeback. I know he was blocked down for what ended up being the winning point for Roscommon on the counter, but it's not like he came on and did nothing. He made an impact, as he would have been expected to. And as much of an impact as anyone else on the bench would have or did.

He also ludicrously kicked a scoreable free off his hands up into the air whilst Hennelly was coming up to take it. I think we were either a point up or level at this stage. Absolutely no guarantees Hennelly would have scored it but it was a crazy crazy decision from such an experienced player and something he has a habit of doing when he comes on. Add that to the stupid kick he had blocked down which lead to their winning score and I think he was very poor.
    He certainly has not proved to be the impact sib we all hoped he would.
    Generally his impact has been negative.
    It may be a year too far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

He also ludicrously kicked a scoreable free off his hands up into the air whilst Hennelly was coming up to take it. I think we were either a point up or level at this stage. Absolutely no guarantees Hennelly would have scored it but it was a crazy crazy decision from such an experienced player and something he has a habit of doing when he comes on. Add that to the stupid kick he had blocked down which lead to their winning score and I think he was very poor.
    It may be a year too far

That was Jason Doherty, Andy didn't take any frees on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

It may be a year too far

I think the decision was a correct one - he was trying to play it short to ???(someone I can't remember, who had come short and was in front of their man), he just made a mess of the pass. Given Hennelly had missed 3 or 4 at that stage, I don't think it was necessarily the wrong decision, just poor execution.

Barlett wrote: »
    That was Jason Doherty, Andy didn't take any frees on Saturday.

He did
    It was right in front of me
    Doc May even have been subbed at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Padkir wrote: »

I also think some of the criticism of Harrison is unfair. Cox is a class act and the 3 points he kicked were superb. One on one, I don't think anyone in the country would have done a better job. Coen kicked 5 points from play up the other end, and I didn't see his man being singled out for criticism.

Overall, obviously really disappointed with the result, but Roscommon were well up for that game and we've seen before that they can do damage when they're in that mood. Even despite that, Mayo could and probably should have won with the amount of wides they kicked and the poor 2nd goal conceded, but these things happen.

Best of luck to Roscommon and I am looking forward to the qualifiers.

Andy Moran has been a great servant to Mayo and still has something to offer in e.g. the last 10 minutes of a game. But that's it, he's 36. He's a lot of miles on the clock, there are forwards that showed in the League campaign who could've come on. If Mayo are to progress and become a serious outfit they need to play their new younger forwards and allow them to develop into the Andy Moran's of the future. Ciaran Treacy showed courage and amazing skill in the League final by netting that winning goal. Look at Diarmuid O'Connor's goal effort Saturday evening as an example as to why Mayo need to play their younger forwards.

• Advertisement

He did
    It was right in front of me
    Doc May even have been subbed at this stage

My mistake, I thought you were talking about one where he shot for goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Carol25 wrote: »
    Andy Moran has been a great servant to Mayo and still has something to offer in e.g. the last 10 minutes of a game. But that's it, he's 36. He's a lot of miles on the clock, there are forwards that showed in the League campaign who could've come on. If Mayo are to progress and become a serious outfit they need to play their new younger forwards and allow them to develop into the Andy Moran's of the future. Ciaran Treacy showed courage and amazing skill in the League final by netting that winning goal. Look at Diarmuid O'Connor's goal effort Saturday evening as an example as to why Mayo need to play their younger forwards.

Diarmuid O'Connor is the grand old age of 24.
    Woeful effort alright though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

I wouldnt be as quick to dismiss mayo this year. They just dont suit counter-attack football when the conditions suit it. If we look at the league this year, dublin done the same thing to us and we looked a joke. A few weeks later, when playing more orthodox opposition, we win the thing and look the best team in it. We just need to wise up in our play a bit. We made them look better than thet are, the same way we have been doing with galway the last few years.

The thing that sticks most in my mind is that last free. The more i think of oconnor in that whole play, the more annoyed i get. Would it not have occured to try to steal a few yards for it? There was a bit of a schmozzle after the thing was given. Perfect opportunity to get 10 yards and make a hard kick and easy one. Then oconnor stands on the spot with the ball and never takes a single step nearer the goals, full in the knowledge that we have no suitable freetaker on the pitch. Come on man, where is your bit of experience? There are 14 year olds in the county that would know better. It wasnt the reason we lost, but it would have given us another chance at stealing the result.

I wouldnt be as quick to dismiss mayo this year. They just dont suit counter-attack football when the conditions suit it. If we look at the league this year, dublin done the same thing to us and we looked a joke. A few weeks later, when playing more orthodox opposition, we win the thing and look the best team in it. We just need to wise up in our play a bit. We made them look better than thet are, the same way we have been doing with galway the last few years .

That’s the worry
    We refuse to learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

That’s the worry
    We refuse to learn

We do and it is. But we have gotten to how many all Ireland finals anyway? It is worth keeping things in perspective - something we arent great at in mayo.

We do and it is. But we have gotten to how many all Ireland finals anyway? It is worth keeping things in perspective - something we arent great at in mayo.

But we haven’t made a Connacht final in four years ? That was the primary aim this year for many
    And we did nothing last year
    And now a lot of the panel are another year older

Horan has to do something he has never done and I don’t think he is capable of doing

Develop a plan B and C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That’s the worry
    We refuse to learn

Ger Canning or whoever should borrow Barry Davies's line after Italy lost to South Korea in the 2002 World Cup: “And the Italians are out, because they will not learn.” :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

The thing that sticks most in my mind is that last free. The more i think of oconnor in that whole play, the more annoyed i get. Would it not have occured to try to steal a few yards for it? There was a bit of a schmozzle after the thing was given. Perfect opportunity to get 10 yards and make a hard kick and easy one. Then oconnor stands on the spot with the ball and never takes a single step nearer the goals, full in the knowledge that we have no suitable freetaker on the pitch. Come on man, where is your bit of experience? There are 14 year olds in the county that would know better. It wasnt the reason we lost, but it would have given us another chance at stealing the result.

In fairness, the linesman pulled him back a few yards, looked like he was trying to steal a few yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

PhoneMain wrote: »
    In fairness, the linesman pulled him back a few yards, looked like he was trying to steal a few yards.

McLaughlin kicked the ball from a good 5 yards closer than where it was given also. It was textbook efficiency at robbing a few yards that most from the hands takers try

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭White lighting

Simple kick any decent footballer would have swung it over. McLoughlin for what ever reason shat himself as he does with frees regularally. You swear it was an impossible kick it wasnt. If an under 14 missed it you would be disappointed in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

It was lovely to make a few finals and there was some unforgettable experiences and all that, and while its nice to lament the good aul days from time to time, we can't keep clinging on that indefinitely

Since 2017, we've had 3 very poor losses in championship, two of them as significant favourites against relegated sides

In the championship, it looks like we're on our way to a position outside of the top 8 in the country, and honestly there's no way it should be the case

Ok some players are pushing on, but we still have a very experienced nucleus of the squad, with great talent available.

However age old issues like poor managerial reactions, daft decision making time and time again from mainly forwards, and an inability to adapt to opposition tactics ensure we're playing way below ourselves

Only for a complete fluke goal last year we may well have lost to Tipperary aswell. Its impossible to be confident really about even making the Super 8s this year, and given the schedule if we do make it, it'd take a brave man to back us for a semi now

And given our form coming into champ and the draw we had, we had a cracking chance to get to the latter stages again.

How frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Simple kick any decent footballer would have swung it over. McLoughlin for what ever reason shat himself as he does with frees regularally. You swear it was an impossible kick it wasnt. If an under 14 missed it you would be disappointed in them

The fact that the saving of the game was down to a last minute free is where we should be looking. We were a man up and had plenty of time and possession to put that game to bed but let them swan down the field for the winner with a man less.

Panrich wrote: »
    The fact that the saving of the game was down to a last minute free is where we should be looking. We were a man up and had plenty of time and possession to put that game to bed but let them swan down the field for the winner with a man less.

Yeah exactly, when we were level heading into injury time, we were playing like we were a point down. Cool heads were needed, there was extra time to be played if required. We played like an inexperienced team and that's the most disappointing aspect of it all. Players and management often talk about learning from game to game, we seem to learn nothing. It's a hugely frustrating defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Barlett wrote: »
    Yeah exactly, when we were level heading into injury time, we were playing like we were a point down. Cool heads were needed, there was extra time to be played if required. We played like an inexperienced team and that's the most disappointing aspect of it all. Players and management often talk about learning from game to game, we seem to learn nothing. It's a hugely frustrating defeat.

It's as frustrating as I can remember. I have to say I don't like our chances for the summer now. There's a lot of banana skins in the qualifiers, as we all know.

We need to try and rotate the team for what's ahead but you might not get away with that either. It's a mess that's completely our own making and the frustrating thing is we were well set up to have a real go at the Super 8's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

A couple of days on and I'm still not optimistic about the qualifiers. Obviously you never know with this team and they've come out fighting when their backs were against the wall before, but the more I think about it, the more I just feel that we've majorly complicated things for ourselves now. It's a long way to the Super 8s against potentially unfamiliar opposition, and loads of chances to pick up injuries along the way. Our disorganization the last day was very worrying and problems evident since before this game. I'm not sure the problems we have can be solved while we're on the road. I am sure winning Connacht was a primary aim for this year too, if not THE main aim for the year, and not winning it and not even contesting a final has to be deflating for everyone involved. Obviously players don't go out to lose a game like that, but questions have to be asked of everyone, players and management alike. Is everyone in the right headspace for another slog through the qualifiers? Can we quickly come up with solutions that will fix long term problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Panrich wrote: »

I completely missed this, how were we a man up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

jj72 wrote:
    I completely missed this, how were we a man up?

Rossies had a man black carded with no subs left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

I was wondering was that it, didn't take any notice of that at the time

Why wasn't Cillian thrown in for the last twenty minutes either? He was fit for it. The reality is we probably wouldn't have lost the game if he was on the frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

A shambles on the line is a bit of an understatement. Horan has taken a high risk strategy to defending right throughout the league. Even the last game against Monaghan I thought it was kamikaze stuff going one v one inside. Jack McCarron played hell & Harrison done ok on McManus. We had 2 extra men versus Galway and they managed to counter attack us form a short kick-out, they worked the ball into space where we were one v one and the end result- goal. The same approach happened in the final against Kerry. We obviously coughed up a couple of goals and despite being the most dominant team in the final we still nearly contrived to lose the game. So we cannot say the warning signs weren't there.

The only game that gave me some hope in the league was the Kerry away game. We played more to a system and the full-back line was not isolated whatsoever. I am not talking about taking a blanket defence approach but we need some of our half backs to fill that space in front of the full-back line. Horan showed the Rossies no respect whatsoever. We played up the pitch and were eat alive on the counter attack. The Rossies brought a physical edge which they have not had previously and were fully deserved winners.

We can talk about Hennelly Andy & everybody else until the cows come home but if Horan does not sort this gung ho approach we will be bet by Monaghan/Tyrone/Donegal in the next 2 qualifier rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

A shambles on the line is a bit of an understatement. Horan has taken a high risk strategy to defending right throughout the league. Even the last game against Monaghan I thought it was kamikaze stuff going one v one inside. Jack McCarron played hell & Harrison done ok on McManus. We had 2 extra men versus Galway and they managed to counter attack us form a short kick-out, they worked the ball into space where we were one v one and the end result- goal. The same approach happened in the final against Kerry. We obviously coughed up a couple of goals and despite being the most dominant team in the final we still nearly contrived to lose the game. So we cannot say the warning signs weren't there.

The only game that gave me some hope in the league was the Kerry away game. We played more to a system and the full-back line was not isolated whatsoever. I am not talking about taking a blanket defence approach but we need some of our half backs to fill that space in front of the full-back line. Horan showed the Rossies no respect whatsoever. We played up the pitch and were eat alive on the counter attack. The Rossies brought a physical edge which they have not had previously and were fully deserved winners.

We can talk about Hennelly Andy & everybody else until the cows come home but if Horan does not sort this gung ho approach we will be bet by Monaghan/Tyrone/Donegal in the next 2 qualifier rounds.

Or game has being runners from the back line you keep durcan Keegan quite you limit or threat big time.

Where was boyler is he injured ?
    Something has to be done with Higgins he’s getting caught out far to many times

• Advertisement

jj72 wrote: »
    I was wondering was that it, didn't take any notice of that at the time

Neither did Horan

Why wasn't Cillian thrown in for the last twenty minutes either? He was fit for it. The reality is we probably wouldn't have lost the game if he was on the frees.

He wasn’t a sub

He wasn’t a sub

Why wasn't he is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

naughto wrote: »
    Or game has being runners from the back line you keep durcan Keegan quite you limit or threat big time.

Where was boyler is he injured ?
    Something has to be done with Higgins he’s getting caught out far to many times

But that doesn't have to be our game plan. With Mattie Ruane we now have a very attack minded midfielder so our backs don't need to go forward as much.

Keegan and Durcan can still attack but the other 4 backs should hold their position. Roscommon only kept 2 forwards up for the majority of the game so Keith Higgins and Michael Plunkett should have just acted as sweepers in front of Harrison and Barrett instead of following their men outfield. That would have made it much more difficult for Roscommon to counter attack.

I don't know who Boyle could have came on for last weekend. He can't play in the full back line and isn't as good as Keegan/Durcan these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

Well no one seems to know what the full story is there. People were asking about his fitness levels or what the story was with him post surgery on this thread a few pages back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

He’s no where fit depending who you talk to it’s not his knee but his hamstring.

Another thing why wasn’t O’Shea moved in on Cox he did a job on the Kerry super star surly he could have job on cox

He’s no where fit depending who you talk to it’s not his knee but his hamstring

I was told he absolutely could have played a part Saturday. What's done is done now though.

One thing is for sure though, we badly need him back. Hands up who was confident that we were going to put that last free over? Andy also kicked away a free near the end as well when it should have been placed on the ground. We've got bigger problems but it was a glaring deficiency on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Roscommon Review

https://themayonews.podomatic.com/enclosure/2019-05-26T10_54_23-07_00.mp3

James Horan mentioned that Cillian,Fionn,Donie and Seamie are only 5 or 6 days away.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

I'm not from Mayo but am usually a supporter. Over the years I've had lots of Mayo friends and still do.
    Was also an admirer of James Horan, mistakenly thinking he was a good manager/coach.
    Standing over the selection of Hennelly in goal last Sunday leaves a serious question mark over his ability.
    Nothing personal intended but the dogs on the street know that Clarke is in the top league of keepers and
    sadly Rob is way down the list because of his many serious mistakes/mishaps over the years.
    One would have to wonder is there some influence other than football ability causing the selection of this poor keeper
    in important games?
    It now appears that this great bunch of players who have given us all such enjoyment over recent years will not now
    reach their true potential and will gradually steal away from the big stage.

• Advertisement

wackokid wrote:
    One would have to wonder is there some influence other than football ability causing the selection of this poor keeper in important games?

This rubbish again 🀔

ITS THE EGOS JOE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

He’s no where fit depending who you talk to it’s not his knee but his hamstring.

Another thing why wasn’t O’Shea moved in on Cox he did a job on the Kerry super star surly he could have job on cox

No offense but his is like something you'd hear in the pub. The type of ball going into Donaghy was completely different than the type of ball fed to Cox. O'Shea would have got destroyed by a more mobile Cox.
    Horan got a lot of things wrong, not moving AOS back defending was not one of them.

NO
    JUST NO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

This grief Hennelly is getting is unreal. I read earlier someone say Hennelly had one good game in the league and is now first choice. Regardless of what you think about him that Is inaccurate. He was MOTM v Dublin & excellent v Kerry.

He cost us a goal through a big mistake on a short kick out. Fair enough. I thought he was much better second half. Horan gave game time to both keepers in the league & Rob was notably better. Clarke was shocking in some of the games he played. Kick-outs abysmal. Hennelly is the scapegoat for Saturdays game but I’d be more concerned about Higgins lack of effort in chasing down Cregg for the first goal. Or what about Mayo having a free out, Higgins getting involved in afters & picks up a yellow card. Hop ball, should be a goal but Hennelly saves it & the Rossies nail the resulting ‘45. We lose the game by a point. Nobody talking about this though.

There is a serious lack of discipline in the team. Higgins should have been hooked after the above incident in my opinion. Leeroy needs to cop himself on as well. Start focusing on the football and the last minute shot might actually go over the bar.

naughto wrote:

You on the wacky backy again? Heard it all now.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote:

You on the wacky backy again? Heard it all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Neither did Horan

To be fair, I don't know what he could have done as Roscommon flooded their defence with all their players. They were holding out for a break and hit us on the break. We were pushing hard for the scores.

It all comes down to easy goals which gave Roscommon a buffer. It gave them great confidence to run at us as well. If we didn't let those goals in, we would have won easily as they would never believe they could have beaten us and we would always have kept them at arms length even considering how bad our shooting was.

Six handy points makes it so easy for them. We will get better and we are good enough to get through the qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

This grief Hennelly is getting is unreal. I read earlier someone say Hennelly had one good game in the league and is now first choice. Regardless of what you think about him that Is inaccurate. He was MOTM v Dublin & excellent v Kerry.

He cost us a goal through a big mistake on a short kick out. Fair enough. I thought he was much better second half. Horan gave game time to both keepers in the league & Rob was notably better. Clarke was shocking in some of the games he played. Kick-outs abysmal. Hennelly is the scapegoat for Saturdays game but I’d be more concerned about Higgins lack of effort in chasing down Cregg for the first goal. Or what about Mayo having a free out, Higgins getting involved in afters & picks up a yellow card. Hop ball, should be a goal but Hennelly saves it & the Rossies nail the resulting ‘45. We lose the game by a point. Nobody talking about this though.

There is a serious lack of discipline in the team. Higgins should have been hooked after the above incident in my opinion. Leeroy needs to cop himself on as well. Start focusing on the football and the last minute shot might actually go over the bar.

100% higgins should have been hauled off.
    The problem with RH is he is just too risky and inconsistent. He is better than clarke on the kick outs as he can ping a ball better but everything else he is second best.

I was told he absolutely could have played a part Saturday. What's done is done now though.

One thing is for sure though, we badly need him back. Hands up who was confident that we were going to put that last free over? Andy also kicked away a free near the end as well when it should have been placed on the ground. We've got bigger problems but it was a glaring deficiency on Saturday.

People keep asking this question alright but in the post match interview Horan said he’ll be back next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

With all due respect its a stupid ****ing question. Im going to go out on a limb here and say because he wasnt fit and ready bit no doubt you've heard different from some impeccable source. I mean seriously come on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement