Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Confirmed for 7pm in Gaelic Grounds
    https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1145693303423295488

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

Barlett wrote: »
    Well if he did he was right, don't want our season decided by whether you play with the wind in the first half or second.

There's that classic Mayo optimism, only considering 1 side of the coin flip.

Even disregarding the fact that there was a 50/50 chance to play at home, surely Pearse is an easier trip to make than Limerick for ye?

I know Salthill has many many issues but seems a bit daft to turn down the coinflip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

With Galway's recent record in Castlebar its a wonder they didn’t offer to play it in Castlebar .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

briandebum wrote: »

Even disregarding the fact that there was a 50/50 chance to play at home, surely Pearse is an easier trip to make than Limerick for ye?

I know Salthill has many many issues but seems a bit daft to turn down the coinflip.

Mayo are terrible in MacHale Park seeing as it's a tight pitch.
    Their home form has been patchy to say the least there over the past few years.
    Obviously they don't want to risk giving Galway home advantage either.
    So here we are, playing in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

briandebum wrote: »

Not really, Limerick is a half hour further away than Salthill add the traffic etc and there's little difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Now O'Shea has his foot in a cast as a precautionary measure :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Sky are showing Tyrone Cavan at 5 according to gaa.ie

Now O'Shea has his foot in a cast as a precautionary measure :(

He'll be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Careful now, it could be gamesmanship all this

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

How many Mayo qualifier games have been on Sky the last few years? They are making a mint off Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Mayo are terrible in MacHale Park seeing as it's a tight pitch.

Have seen this mentioned a few places, and the big pitch in Limerick would suit. Where are people getting the idea that Limerick is a big pitch? It's 137x82, the same as McHale park. If Horan wanted a big pitch, he'd have tossed with the prospect of Salthill in good weather and the biggest pitch in Ireland at 145x90.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Have seen this mentioned a few places, and the big pitch in Limerick would suit. Where are people getting the idea that Limerick is a big pitch? It's 137x82, the same as McHale park. If Horan wanted a big pitch, he'd have tossed with the prospect of Salthill in good weather and the biggest pitch in Ireland at 145x90.

That table is often thrown around but it's wrong, Gaelic Park is longer and wider than MacHale Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Not a double header so could they not have played it in Ennis to a full house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The womens final is on at 4 before the Qualifier. Great call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hope they out on an extra train home so I can enjoy some prematch “hospitality “
    🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That table is often thrown around but it's wrong, Gaelic Park is longer and wider than MacHale Park.

Are we supposed to take your word for that or anything to back it up? Everywhere online has the other dimensions. A screengrab of a 65 from the hurling yesterday would help, usually a good indicator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Not really, Limerick is a half hour further away than Salthill add the traffic etc and there's little difference.

Can I get a lift in your helicopter :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Took in a 4 course lunch, busted now.
    Did we figure out if we are in Da Hide, Longford, Carrick, Thurles, Limerick.

Any Mayo player fall over during lunch and get injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭threeball

cocoman wrote: »
    Not a double header so could they not have played it in Ennis to a full house?

Ya but that might have created an atmosphere and we don't want that.
    Bad as Limerick will be, Cork Laois in Thurles will be a complete joke.

yop wrote: »

Harrison and o Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Not sure Carrick was ever an option, unless it's on-Suir:P
    mayo.mick wrote: »
    D-ZZQ5JXkAY7swf.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

km79 wrote: »
    Harrison and o Shea

Wonder did Regan take them out as well. In fairness if u want a starting berth its the way to go :D
    Will we have a team to field yet I wonder?

Heard AOS had the boot on leaving McHale Park, no wonder as he had a few Armagh lads on his back for most of the game.

I think Cowmuck Reilly should be given the chance to ref again in Limerick??
    Must check out of the bull is travelling down, give him some wire cutters to get onto the pitch this time.
    He's been working on his sprints so should avoid the stewards this time. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Must check out of the bull is travelling down, give him some wire cutters to get onto the pitch this time.

Were three of that dinners four course liquid by any chance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was that 4 course lunch liquid?

charlie14 wrote: »
    Were three of that dinners four course liquid by any chance :)
    PARlance wrote: »
    Was that 4 course lunch liquid?

Haha, no afraid not! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

threeball wrote: »
    Ya but that might have created an atmosphere and we don't want that.
    Bad as Limerick will be, Cork Laois in Thurles will be a complete joke.

Any reasoning as to why this is not in Limerick with Galway / Mayo??

Actually better off for Mayo fans (especially the south of the county) than the traffic nightmare that is Salthill. Motorway all the way from Tuam now as opposed to last trip down there in 2014. No more Claregalway, Oranmore bottlenecks etc.

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Are we supposed to take your word for that or anything to back it up? Everywhere online has the other dimensions. A screengrab of a 65 from the hurling yesterday would help, usually a good indicator

Go on there to Google maps and use the short distance measurement for both pitches on satellite - you can see the pitch markings.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Can I get a lift in your helicopter :)

Folks, a quick google will show there's a 35 minute driving difference from Castlebar to the two venues.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Is the new Supermacs Plaza open yet on the motorway to Limerick? It will clean up if it is.

Every time a Mayo person buys a burger they're helping the auld enemy though!:rolleyes:

Folks, a quick google will show there's a 35 minute driving difference from Castlebar to the two venues.

That doesnt take into account the traffic chaos in Galway on match day, it's about half hour to the motorway from me, and then an hour to Limerick, thats much handier than the pain of driving to Salthill

That doesnt take into account the traffic chaos in Galway on match day, it's about half hour to the motorway from me, and then an hour to Limerick, thats much handier than the pain of driving to Salthill

Exactly, that's the original point I was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Lets hope we start playing faster ball in against Galway as we have been beaten by slow build up play allowing them to get back and put everyone behind the ball sh1t and frustrate the hell out of us. Ros did this as well so we need to start coping onto this tactic and go more direct especially since we have Coen inside/COC back who can win ball.

We need to put an end to been defeated by Galway. It's been going on far too long considering we are a better team than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Have not been ruled out in that press release ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Lets hope we start playing faster ball in against Galway as we have been beaten by slow build up play allowing them to get back and put everyone behind the ball sh1t and frustrate the hell out of us. Ros did this as well so we need to start coping onto this tactic and go more direct especially since we have Coen inside/COC back who can win ball.

We need to put an end to been defeated by Galway. It's been going on far too long considering we are a better team than them.

Indeed quick delivery of the ball is the order of the day.

Anyone’s attendance updated yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭spakman

Anyone’s attendance updated yet?

Nope - emailed them and they said it could be Thursday before it's updated (relying on volunteers etc) so to check on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Tickets sorted there....as a long exiled Mayo man in Limerick I was delighted to hear the venue announced earlier today :cool:

Got a ticket for the young fella as well - he's technically from Limerick I guess but I'm determined to raise him as a Mayo football fan...hopefully he'll thank me in years to come :pac:

Happy to give any local advice to anyone travelling down - I'd recommend getting the tunnel and coming in from one of the other exits as the obvious one (by the Radission hotel) will presumably be jammers with people coming in from that side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I wonder was Hyde Park considered?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,966 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Apparently some minor renovation work going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Read somewhere earlier that no it wasn't 'officially' considered by the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Why are Mayo fans always so fixated on venues.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Tickets sorted there....as a long exiled Mayo man in Limerick I was delighted to hear the venue announced earlier today :cool:

Got a ticket for the young fella as well - he's technically from Limerick I guess but I'm determined to raise him as a Mayo football fan...hopefully he'll thank me in years to come :pac:

Happy to give any local advice to anyone travelling down - I'd recommend getting the tunnel and coming in from one of the other exits as the obvious one (by the Radission hotel) will presumably be jammers with people coming in from that side.

Where would you suggest is good for parking? Hope to be down fairly early as well, and have a wander around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭megabomberman

Could potentially end up playing;

Galway
    Kerry
    Meath
    Donegal
    Dublin

In the next 6 weeks, that's some run of newer and older rivals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Hearing word that the outlook on Keegan's injury is not as hopeful as initially thought. Looking at 5 or 6 weeks out apparently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement