Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Don't know about you Bunny but irrespective of how bad Sligo were it appears that Michael Solan has a seriously good team on his hands.

Very impressive tonight.

Mayo 1-25
    Sligo 1-6

Acid test will be Galway next week.

I followed them for the big part of last year but missed last night. Personally I thought that Solan should have been given the senior job and hope he gets a shot at it.
    Some fine players in that squad and I'd expect to see them make an impact next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

yop wrote: »
    I followed them for the big part of last year but missed last night. Personally I thought that Solan should have been given the senior job and hope he gets a shot at it.
    Some fine players in that squad and I'd expect to see them make an impact next year.

Next in line you'd imagine. A bit like Stephen Kenny taking over from Mick McCarthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Any thoughts on what the match ups might be for Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

When are the 2 dummy teams announced I wonder ..........I think we will see Keegan on the bench

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

km79 wrote: »
    When are the 2 dummy teams announced I wonder ..........I think we will see Keegan on the bench

In a boot :)

Be interesting to see if AOS is able to play. Comer will make an appearance also.
    COC to start.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    In a boot :)

Be interesting to see if AOS is able to play. Comer will make an appearance also.
    COC to start.

I’m not even contemplating Aido not being fit
    That’s a blow too far

That’s a blow too far

Its still a problem, will know more tomorrow. His performances have't been highlight grabbing, but he tracks serious amounts of ground and he breaks up plays, sets up plays etc.
    Need a quick start, need to be ahead at 1/2 time and then lets see. Neither team will perform as bad as they did against Rossies, so this could go all the way to ET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That’s a blow too far

I would be extremely surprised if he features at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

PARlance wrote: »

Can I ask if this is all just rumour? Mike Finnerty says Doherty & O'Shea are ready to go with Keegan likely to feature . I mean O'Shea was up with Breaffy U16s on Tuesday night running around, can hardly be that bad

Barlett wrote: »
    Can I ask if this is all just rumour? Mike Finnerty says Doherty & O'Shea are ready to go with Keegan likely to feature . I mean O'Shea was up with Breaffy U16s on Tuesday night running around, can hardly be that bad

Didn't know he was running around Tuesday night. He was in the protective boot on Wednesday, can't be 100% about that but I was told the boot was on all week in work (on Wednesday night).

• Advertisement

Barlett wrote: »

Sush.... no one is fit.. everyone is injured. Bring your boots, your in goal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Sure we’ll know soon enough anyway! Mike Finnerty did seem convinced Keegan will
    play some part too

Cries
    I don’t want to be pessimistic but we have to be realistic
    If he was out and just him alone we would still be in trouble against a team we have trouble beating
    If he is out on top of all the other injured it’s a good night from Mayo

Cries
    I don’t want to be pessimistic but we have to be realistic
    If he was out and just him alone we would still be in trouble against a team we have trouble beating
    If he is out on top of all the other injured it’s a good night from Mayo

Fingers crossed but can't see him being anywhere near 100% even if he does pull through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭spakman

Fingers crossed but can't see him being anywhere near 100% even if he does pull through.

Pull through what!? The boot was worn as a precautionary measure, there was no injury as such

spakman wrote: »
    Pull through what!? The boot was worn as a precautionary measure, there was no injury as such

He was hardly wearing it for the craic !
    He picked up some kind of strain
    He went down at some stage in second half

Can’t believe they haven’t put in a train back after match

So where do I park ? Fairly sure I parked at Na Piarsaigh before but can’t for the life of me remember which match it was
    LOL just checking back and we played limerick last year in r1
    Nobody has mentioned that game when talking about Gaelic grounds so I must not be the only one

Can’t believe they haven’t put in a train back after match

So where do I park ? Fairly sure I parked at Na Piarsaigh before but can’t for the life of me remember which match it was
    LOL just checking back and we played limerick last year in r1
    Nobody has mentioned that game when talking about Gaelic grounds so I must not be the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

spakman wrote: »

Exactly . I’ve seen joe canning few times with them on few days before massive games and he’s always played . There’s obviously some benefit out of wearing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Listened to a bit of the Mayo news podcast which said A' O Shea,Doherty will be fit to play and Keegan could play also. BJ Padden by far the best pundit Mayo have predicted a 2 point win for Mayo. The podcast would be a lot better if so much time wasn't given to John Gunnigan i would be more interested in the view point of Jimmy Sloyan than his.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

When the draw first came out I was pessimistic about tomorrow but as the week has gone on I've grown much more confident

There's a lot to be said for coming in on the back of two hard fought wins - as opposed to Galway who are after a bad loss.

We're light at midfield but Galway are apparently in crisis mode there pretty much. Galway haven't got going at all this year and I'm not convinced you can just turn it back on at this stage. We're certainly not playing outstanding ourselves but we've now won hard fought games now, and we've certainly mastered scraping over the line.

My main worry though is the FB line. Goals will win tight matches and if that FF line gets a run on us we will be in right trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

Listened to a bit of the Mayo news podcast which said A' O Shea,Doherty will be fit to play and Keegan could play also. BJ Padden by far the best pundit Mayo have predicted a 2 point win for Mayo. The podcast would be a lot better if so much time wasn't given to John Gunnigan i would be more interested in the view point of Jimmy Sloyan than his.

Well its his podcast so if he decides to fart into a mic for an hour its his prerogative

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭blowitupref

HBC08 wrote: »
    Well its his podcast so if he decides to fart into a mic for an hour its his prerogative

Its a Mayo news podcast and he's only a guest on it and is seen as the voice of the Mayo supporters now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Its a Mayo news podcast and he's only a guest on it and is seen as the voice of the Mayo supporters now?

Not sure why everybody gets worked up
    About billy joe . He was an average player and I find him pretty similar as s pundit . If it wasn’t for his father he would be never heard of again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

It’s always been a collaboration between the 2 as far as I recall. It’s called the Mayo News podcast but they’d be all day announcing it if it was called the “Mayo news and Mayogaablog collaborative arrangement podcast”.
    I’ve never had a problem with him being on it or what he has had to say. I don’t always agree with his views on certain things but he does a lot for Mayo football that others won’t do, and he keeps his Blog troll free. There’s a lot to be said for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

I might have this wrong but didnt that podcast start on his site with himself and Rob Murphy putting it together?

Anyway its a great listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

It's really important AOS is playing...we are in big trouble without him. If Doherty and Keegan make it, this makes the possibility of a win more likely.
    It would be great also of SOS was close to getting back as we need reinforcements and good ones at that.

I am hoping we will tighten up defensively.

spurshero wrote: »
    Not sure why everybody gets worked up
    About billy joe . He was an average player and I find him pretty similar as s pundit . If it wasn’t for his father he would be never heard of again

Obviously he was nowhere near as good as his Dad as a player but I've got a lot of time for him as a pundit. He's articulate and knows his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

He has only been involved in the last few years. A while back it was just Mayo News writers/columnists. I used to listen but since he has got involved I give it a miss.

• Advertisement

Obviously he was nowhere near as good as his Dad as a player but I've got a lot of time for him as a pundit. He's articulate and knows his stuff.

Yeah - there's far worse out there than Billie Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

It's really important AOS is playing...we are in big trouble without him. If Doherty and Keegan make it, this makes the possibility of a win more likely.

Brady is on The Last Word on Today Fm now....saying no chance Keegan will play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Brady is on The Last Word on Today Fm now....saying no chance Keegan will play tomorrow.

I’d nearly take that now as a certainty that Keegan will play....

Blackjack wrote: »

haha

DB talks some amount of scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Keegan is definitely out lads, not overly serious so will be good for Sunday week ;-) Aido good to go. No issues

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

I heard earlier in the week that Keegan had damaged ankle ligaments and would be out for minimum 1 month. They were clearly joking about Keegan being available on the Mayo News podcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Blackjack wrote:

Yep.

Brady = Bull****e

jr86 wrote: »
    haha

DB talks some amount of scutter.

Wasn't he saying we were gonna do Roscommon by 17 points haha

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Team named...

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
    2. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
    3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels(C)
    6. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    7. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
    8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
    9. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
    10. Fionn McDonagh - Westport
    11. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    12. Ciaran Treacy - Ballina Stephenites
    13. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
    15. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

Wasn't he saying we were gonna do Roscommon by 17 points haha

Haha he was!!

And all that rubbish re Gweedore's celebrations earlier in the year

Social Media just does not suit some people - DB is certainly one of them!

Glad to see Cillian named and if Shoes Vaughan starts at 8 I'll be a very happy man overall with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Team named...

Hopefully McLoughlin won't line out in the FF line.
    Doesn't suit his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Plunkett can count himself very lucky to make the starting fifteen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

jr86 wrote: »
    Glad to see Cillian named and if Shoes Vaughan starts at 8 I'll be a very happy man overall with that
    Vaughan looked like he was carrying some extra shoes last week . I doubt if he is fit enough to start a match .

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Plunkett can count himself very lucky to make the starting fifteen.

He won't be starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wonder will Doherty start

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Wonder will Doherty start
    good question . He might be better concentrating on the football with all our injuries . We don’t need any injuring themselves at the moment !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

All square at half time in the Connacht minor final

Mayo 0-9
    Galway 0-9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Cracking contest

Mayo 0-15
    Galway 0-15

Extra time pending.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Cracking contest

Mayo 0-15
    Galway 0-15

Extra time pending.

Unbelievable finish. Can't understand how we couldn't have had a decent attempt at those two frees on the right hand side near the end. Could have easily lost it at the end too.

Fitness will tell now in extra time. Cracking game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Unbelievable finish. Can't understand how we couldn't have had a decent attempt at those two frees on the right hand side near the end. Could have easily lost it at the end too.

Fitness will tell now in extra time. Cracking game so far.

Link to the game
    https://youtu.be/AAwJBNv858I

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement