Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

freddie_ wrote: »
    Eoin O’D obviously isn’t going great in training. Horan has rewarded plenty of new players with game time this year so he isn’t afraid to Drop Some of the older crew.
    Horan isn’t not going to play Eoin for the fun of it if he is flying in training. We are all basing his claim for a starting place based on last years performances.

That's not how it works though - every manager will have their favourites and will always inexplicably leave out a player or two that no-one else would. It's human nature

Not saying that's the case with EOD but it would be a bit naive to think Horan may not be susceptible to it also.

In any case to be frank about it team selections (well more in game decisions) probably cost him an all Ireland in his first tenure. But these things happen

or a red/black card...

Think that's a bit harsh, he's obviously not proud of what happened in 2017 and it'll always stick with him, but all in all I think he's been the most underrated player of this generation.

I'll never warm to his decision to transfer club but on the pitch for mayo I'm a huge fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jr86 wrote: »
    Think that's a bit harsh, he's obviously not proud of what happened in 2017 and it'll always stick with him, but all in all I think he's been the most underrated player of this generation.

Sorry yes just throwing in a glib comment, his overall disciplinary record is okay. Although I would be concerned about somebody throwing a wobbly in a tense game this evening, it's happened a few times over this team's history...

Sorry yes just throwing in a glib comment, his overall disciplinary record is okay. Although I would be concerned about somebody throwing a wobbly in a tense game this evening, it's happened a few times over this team's history...

Yeah very true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Leeroy in the 26

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Well now, interesting - could see him starting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Leeroy in the 26

Same as Carr and SOS

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Boland and Mikey Murray gone completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Strong bench
    Very strong
    Keegan on it as expected

Boland prob unlucky. I would have him ahead of Regan. Loftus too but for frees

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Lads what's the forecast for this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

seligehgit wrote: »
    Lads what's the forecast for this evening?

Mayo by 3 ðŸ˜

Mayo by 3 /QUOTE]

:D

Weather forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

RedDevil55 wrote:
    Boland and Mikey Murray gone completely.

What??

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    What??

They're obviously not in the match day squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Very harsh on Boland

Mikey Murray is not ready for this summer
    Credit to Horan for trying him
    And credit to him for recognizing this too

Boland is unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

km79 wrote: »
    I parked there for limerick game last year and was grand
    But we are all coming the one direction today
    How many will travel from Galway is another story. The fact Irish rail didn’t even put on a train home suggests not many !

If ye can get parking on the old cratloe Rd close to LIT or one of the estate around there you could skip all the traffic around coonagh on the way there and back . Taking the old cratloe road to Cratloe Cross you can hop on the n18 from there. Short walk to gaelic grounds also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Very damp and miserable down here at the moment, just a few k's outside the city now. Hopefully it brightens up a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

naughto wrote:
    Drake is not an option has being found out to many times

Being used out of position is not being found out. He plays corner back/man marker for Ballaghdereen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

seligehgit wrote: »
    Mayo by 3 /QUOTE]

:D

Weather forecast.

I knew but sorry couldn't resist 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

did sky just say Keegan is starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Blanco100 wrote: »
    did sky just say Keegan is starting?

No point having him at all if not starting. You couldnt put him on as a sub and hope you wouldn't have to sub him 10mins later.

Carr and Vaughan starting instead of Treacy and Plunkett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Are RTE showing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Happy4all wrote: »
    Are RTE showing this?

Sky

• Advertisement

Jimmy Carr has Mayo fans laughing!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Jimmy Carr has Mayo fans laughing!:D

Wow, what a start. Co commentator on sky seems to be clueless, hard to listen too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Galway keeper looks like a club standard player out of his depth at county level. Need to work him at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wasn't expecting that! Great start but slowing it up too much when ahead as usual.

Someone needs to tell Boyle not to kick the ball.

Should be out of sight, but delighted so far

Hopefully see out the deal

What a player cillian O'Connor is

• Advertisement

Clarke saves the day!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great save !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

HUP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Everyone in Mayo owes James Carr a pint when he gets home tonight.

Nobody else would have scored that 2nd goal. He was on a mission. And without the 6 point Lead, Galway would have overtaken you in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Good win but disappointed with that second half. Considering Liam Silke was like an extra man for us and the Galway keeper looked like some randomer they'd picked up on the side of the road on the way down we really should have been more comfortable there.

Still, a win is a win.

Akrasia wrote: »

Nobody else would have scored that 2nd goal. He was on a mission. And without the 6 point Lead, Galway would have overtaken you in the 2nd half.

They probably wouldn't have though, we had enough to keep them at arms reach, despite trying to shot ourselves in the foot.

Fantastic goal.

Regan going for a hail Mary 2 minutes into injury time at 6 points up. He'll never learn, a liability to be bringing on.

Andy must be really out of form if his experience is being overlooked to help close out a game like that.

Nice to be in the Super 8's. Delighted for the likes of Stephen Coen and Vaugha, solid performances when we needed them.

Well it's about time!!

Full back line and full forward line outstanding. Clarke immense. CoC my MOTM

Should have won by a lot more though but all about the result. Serious momentum now going into super 8s

Up mayo!

PARlance wrote: »
    Regan going for a hail Mary 2 minutes into injury time at 6 points up. He'll never learn, a liability to be bringing on.

Andy must be really out of form if his experience is being overlooked to help close out a game like that.

Nice to be in the Super 8's. Delighted for the likes of Stephen Coen and Vaugha, solid performances when we needed them.

When the penalty was given everyone around me knew Clarke would save it
    When Regan got the ball in the corner when the game was won everyone around me knew what he would do
    Total liability
    Offers nothing but that off the bench
    A bench we were VERY slow to use again

But a win is a win
    It will be quiet on here tonight anyway
    Up mayo

Akrasia wrote: »

You don’t know that, no one knows what would have happened

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

PARlance wrote: »

That was brain fart stuff from Regan alright .:eek:

Mayo moved up a level today & the same flat Galway from the Connaught final appeared . Good to win anyway , it was coming sooner or later & in truth they were outplayed in most positions. The three point win flattered them , heard a few saying they can take a lot from that but no more so than our losses by ‘only’ three/ one point in previous outings against them , a loss is a loss .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well as championship debuts go, Carr had a good one. Add that to a league debut at Croke Park against Kerry where he scored points off both feet, he looks like good prospect. When you add in that he comes from a junior club, it makes it all the more incredible. It looks like we've found a gem here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Good win but disappointed with that second half. Considering Liam Silke was like an extra man for us and the Galway keeper looked like some randomer they'd picked up on the side of the road on the way down we really should have been more comfortable there.

Still, a win is a win.

Jasus your a hard man to please. It was as comfortable a win as your likely to see against Galway. It was like the Mayo of old.The late goal put a gloss on the scoreline.Coen has been some find, along with Mcdonagh and Carr. Killarney will be hopping next weekend.

Darren Coen is what we have missed in Croker
    A long range scorer to beat the blanket
    It’s what the dubs do so well
    They work it in a scoring zone for a shooter
    It also frees up Cillain now that we have another target

He has become a hugely important player for us and there is definitely a tinge of regret that he wasn’t in the squad last few years

Stephen Coen had his best game for mayo too.

Immense improvement from last week

Darren Coen looks absolute top class

I'd be very confident of qualifying in super 8s

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Well done Mayo on a great win. What a way to come into this match, all guns blazing on the back of two qualifier matches. My only concern for Kerry next week are Higgins and Boyle, as both are the wrong side of 30, they both played immensely but should they not be substituted later in the game to close it out...or are there options on the bench for that.

I can confirm trying to get out na pairaisgh is proving quite difficult !

Carol25 wrote: »
    Well done Mayo on a great win. What a way to come into this march, all guns blazing on the back of two qualifier matches. My only concern for Kerry next week are Higgins and Boyle, as both are the wrong side of 30, they both played immensely but should they not be substituted later in the game to close it out...or are there options on the bench for that.

They were 2 of the last lads I’d have changed tonight
    Boyler is playing himself into all star territory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

km79 wrote: »
    I can confirm trying to get out na pairaisgh is proving quite difficult !

Part and parcel of being a Mayo fan I suppose. There is an easier way to making the Super 8s!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement