Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

grbear wrote: »
    Plainly my arguments from last week about why Mayo should take the Monaghan game seriously were used by Horan on Sunday. Only logical explanation I can think of.

I'm surprised Kerry are strong favourites for Sunday. It seems like it should be an even enough match.

Boyle Sports have Mayo at 9/4. That's too tempting for me to resist. I would have thought both teams would be around the evens mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Boyle Sports have Mayo at 9/4. That's too tempting for me to resist. I would have thought both teams would be around the evens mark.

I am not a gambling man but I find those odds absolutely crazy.

You would want to be mad to back Kerry at 2/5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

I'm interested to see the match ups. Sean O'Shea and Clifford big lads, we might need a physical presence on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Panrich

In fairness, backing Mayo in national finals has not proven a profitable strategy for a very long time. I'd hope to see that change on Sunday but history is on the side of the kingdom and that plays into the odds on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

cocoman wrote: »
    Bringing the kids so looks like I'll be in the Davin :(

Have you tried purchasing tickets for the lower Hogan??

• Advertisement

Panrich wrote: »
    In fairness, backing Mayo in national finals has not proven a profitable strategy for a very long time. I'd hope to see that change on Sunday but history is on the side of the kingdom and that plays into the odds on offer.

Indeed the bookmakers don't trust Mayo when it comes to national finals sadly with very strong justification.

I've a work colleague with close family in New York.

He categorically stated that there'll be no issue buying a ticket at the ground on match day.

That's the second individual who has stated same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

seligehgit wrote:
    He categorically stated that there'll be no issue buying a ticket at the ground on match day.

Even if 6000 turn up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Ticketmaster only has tickets for 2 sections. I was just in a local supervalu. They only have lower Hogan and Davin.

When are the rest on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ticketmaster only has tickets for 2 sections. I was just in a local supervalu. They only have lower Hogan and Davin.

When are the rest on sale?
    I cant see the upper tier being opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

irishgeo wrote:
    I cant see the upper tier being opened.
    Its strange. I thought there'd be big demand especially with the hurling.

Why wouldn't the hill be on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

For anyone looking to purchase the current Mayo home jersey (Green & Red), Lifestyle Sports have them reduced to 60 euro from 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Its strange. I thought there'd be big demand especially with the hurling.

Why wouldn't the hill be on sale

Same here. Ideal time to bring kids and with Limerick in the hurling final I'd say there will be a big crowd. What number would they have to reach to open the upper levels - 50k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

https://mayogaablog.com/?p=24795

Clarke a major doubt with Plunkett and McDonagh which is a shame
    Ruane and DIskin expected to be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

km79 wrote: »
    https://mayogaablog.com/?p=24795

Clarke a major doubt with Plunkett and McDonagh which is a shame
    Ruane and DIskin expected to be fine

Would be a shame especially for Plunkett and McDonagh to miss out as their performances thus far warrant being selected. They may not get back in for championship either if they don't start this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭BandMember

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Would be a shame especially for Plunkett and McDonagh to miss out as their performances thus far warrant being selected. They may not get back in for championship either if they don't start this game.

I think it's fair to say that McDonagh is pretty much nailed on to start in the Championship after the league he's had.

If necessary there will be a penalty shoot out to separate the sides on Sunday.

We'll be bedecked in the new away jersey which much like it's predecessor is very nice.

Understandable given the clash of colours.

Still can't beat seeing the lads togging out in the green and red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭BandMember

The new jersey is horrible!! We look like either the Dubs or the Rossies change kit. We'll be singing "come on ye boys in blue" next.....

(Ok, maybe not.... :p Still don't like the jersey though - where did they get the blue from?? :confused:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

BandMember wrote: »
    The new jersey is horrible!! We look like either the Dubs or the Rossies change kit. We'll be singing "come on ye boys in blue" next.....

(Ok, maybe not.... :p Still don't like the jersey though - where did they get the blue from?? :confused:)

ffs I wouldn't go that far but I am not a fan of the new home jersey either. Its very old fashioned imo. The one it replaced is far nicer.

The black jersey was really nice as well. I will hold off on the blue jersey until I see it up close.

• Advertisement

I agree
    Why can't we just stick with red/green or white.

It is all a money racket now. More kits coming out every year than soccer teams at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Upper Cusack now open. I booked 4 seats in the Davin yesterday as I didn't want to risk not getting 4 together (bringing kids). Pissed off now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Come one, come all. The more the merrier. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

cocoman wrote: »
    Upper Cusack now open. I booked 4 seats in the Davin yesterday as I didn't want to risk not getting 4 together (bringing kids). Pissed off now :(

I got front row upper Cusack half way line.
    I'll be wearing the away jersey and will be liquored up to my eyeballs. Hon maigheo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I agree
    Why can't we just stick with red/green or white.

It is all a money racket now. More kits coming out every year than soccer teams at this stage

Agree however I am tempted to buy that retro shirt for the NY game, provided it goes on sale of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Sad day in ladies football and in particular Carnacon whose founder and senior manager Jimmy Corbett has died.

RIP.

Mayo travel to Croke Park looking to add their 12th league title when they face Kerry on Sunday in Croke Park at 4pm.

A win against Monaghan in Round 7 secured their place in the final and manager James Horan as he has done all season continues his rotation policy making five changes from that Monaghan win. In come Rob Hennelly,Keith Higgins,Lee Keegan,Donal Vaughan and James Carr with David Clarke,Eoin O'Donoghue,Stephen Coen,James McCormack and Conor Diskin all making way.Having made his debut off the bench last week it's a first senior start for James Carr.At the opposite end of the scale it will be a 100th Senior appearance for four time all star and former footballer of the year Lee Keegan.He made his league debut against Galway in 2011.

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
    2. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
    3. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5. Paddy Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
    6. Lee Keegan - Westport
    7. Donal Vaughan - Castlebar Mitchels
    8. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
    9. Aidan O’Shea - Breaffy
    10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
    11. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber(C)
    13. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    14. Darren Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
    15. James Carr - Ardagh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Stronger team than what started against Monaghan. A few changes expected before throw in? Defence and midfield has a strong,balance look to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭muddle84

Dunno about singing that. But I do hope we get to hear the hill in full flight blaring that out again this year!!!

That's a strong looking team for Sunday and excited to see what's going to be coming off the bench 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Who is the goalkeeper on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Very strong team.

If Andy doesn't start on Sunday we can safely say his role will be as an impact sub for rest of year. The irony is he has made next to no impact when he has subbed on!!!!
    Boyle will also find himself in that role too if we are at full strength imo

Great to see Ruane and AOS paired up again. We are one injury away from big trouble in that sector though

Anyway can't wait for it now

Is Fionn Mc Donagh injured?

Looks like Fergal Boland's impressive cameo against Kerry and stellar performance last week has won the day.

Tough call either way,Fionn contributed very handsomely most especially in earlier stages of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

From listening to Mike Finnerty on the mayo news podcast, Clarke, Plunkett and McDonagh are injured. A shame really as I would have started all 3.

Still looking forward to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Stronger team than what started against Monaghan. A few changes expected before throw in?

I predict this chain reaction:P

Durcan → Vaughan → AOS → Doherty → McLaughlin → Durcan

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »

Looks like Fergal Boland's impressive cameo against Kerry and stellar performance last week has won the day.

Tough call either way,Fionn contributed very handsomely most especially in earlier stages of the league.

Indeed mention made they might take a punt on Cillian in the match day squad.

I'd be shocked TBH.

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Indeed mention made they might take a punt on Cillian in the match day squad.

I'd be shocked TBH.

Me too. I don't expect to see him until championship.
    Interested to see how Lee Keegan gets on. I wonder was the spell out of the team meant to give him a kick in the arse or what.

PressRun wrote: »
    Me too. I don't expect to see him until championship.
    Interested to see how Lee Keegan gets on. I wonder was the spell out of the team meant to give him a kick in the arse or what.

It was probably meant to help him lose his arse:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,244 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I of course wasn't referring to you and other regular contributors from other counties ;)
    Great to see ye back up anyway
    Hoping for an away weekend trip again next year

Cheers.
    Good to be back up.
    Wouldn`t mind meeting ye in Castlebar and spending the weekend.Few old haunts I haven`t visited in a while.
    Best of luck tomorrow.

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »

Cheers.
    Good to be back up.
    Wouldn`t mind meeting ye in Castlebar and spending the weekend.Few old haunts I haven`t visited in a while.
    Best of luck tomorrow.

Best of luck this evening,two great contests to look forward to.

St. Colman's 1-7 St. Michael's 2-6 8 minutes into the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Best of luck to our Leitrim neighbours

St. Colman's go down 2-13 to 1-10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The Mayo sub bench tomorrow according to the program

David Clarke
    Stephen Coen
    Michael Plunkett
    James McCormack
    Colm Boyle
    Ciaran Treacy
    Conor O'Shea
    David Drake
    Evan Regan
    Andy Moran
    Conor Diskin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Adult & Juvenile ticket available FoC for Croke Park tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thepines

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Adult & Juvenile ticket available FoC for Croke Park tomorrow.

Can I take them please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Genuinely excited for the young lads in the squad today, hopefully a good performance awaits. Will add some good experience to them.

I'm really really hoping we can pull through in spite of all the talk about this only being the league final,I think we need the win a heck of a lot more than Kerry.

It would be a big boost for the county's collective morale to get over the line in a final given our dismal record in same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Panrich

The Mayo sub bench tomorrow according to the program

David Clarke
    Stephen Coen
    Michael Plunkett
    James McCormack
    Colm Boyle
    Ciaran Treacy
    Conor O'Shea
    David Drake
    Evan Regan
    Andy Moran
    Conor Diskin

So assuming McDonagh is injured, we are looking at O’Donaghue and Reape as the men on the edge from those that figured on the league.

So assuming McDonagh is injured, we are looking at O’Donaghue and Reape as the men on the edge from those that figured on the league.

Brian Reape,Conor Loftus,Eoin O Donoghue,Jason Gibbons and Caolan Crowe all lined out for their clubs.No James Durcan either.

O Donoghue is well capable of starting come championship IMO.

Very surprised he's not in the match day squad.

I would have included Reape or Loftus ahead of Conor O Shea.The wide expanses of Croker would suit the playing style of an at the moment undercooked Conor Loftus. TBF Conor O Shea must be flying in training,so perhaps it was easy call as James Horan has emphasised the fact that his selections will be based on current form/what he's seeing in training.

Cian Hanley,Evan Regan and Ryan O Donoghue are still injured.

ATM all the young Westport lads have disappeared off the radar...Colm Moran etc.

Shane Nally appears to be out in the cold.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement