Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Savage performance altogether. Few chances gone a begging though.

Hard to see how a 2 point lead will be enough - the first 10 minutes 2nd half will be crucial .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Great first half hopefully we keep it going.

Playing into the elements in the second half.

Young James Carr needs to be given ample ball,has the beating of his man.

Hopefully Andy will make a difference.

Paddy and Boyler having a stormer.Diarmuid and Matty making a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Breeze or no breeze it’s there for us
    We have Star dust on the bench .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Doc has to come off he’s definitely hurting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Great half, did Lane chicken out of issuing a red?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Great half, did Lane chicken out of issuing a red?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Breeze (strong) with Dublin now, Mayo didn't capitalise enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Soulsun

as a dub
    I have to say I am concerned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

All over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Soulsun wrote: »
    as a dub
    I have to say I am concerned

Oh you of little faith:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

This Dublin team are not even human at this stage. Perhaps it would have been more in our favour to have been the ones 2 pts behund in half time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Surely time to bring Andy on?

Need scores badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

blueser wrote: »
    Once again, sh*tting the bed on the big stage. So sadly predictable.

How are we ****ting the bed? Dublin are a great team. We got to a semi final carrying injuries and playing a number of games on the trot.

That’s the end of the keeper debate anyway
    We won’t see Clarke and his silly kickouts again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

PressRun wrote: »
    How are we ****ting the bed? Dublin are a great team. We got to a semi final carrying injuries and playing a number of games on the trot.
    Bossed the first half, went in 2 points up (should have been more). Come the second half, we've disappeared like a fart in the wind. As has happened on countless occasions over the last x years. And you can dress it up any way you like fella.

• Advertisement

Good man Cillian:rolleyes:

km79 wrote: »
    That’s the end of the keeper debate anyway
    We won’t see Clarke and his silly kickouts again

It’ll be interesting to see the kickout stats today
    Dublin won a large % of ours

Zeek12 wrote: »
    It’ll be interesting to see the kickout stats today
    Dublin won a large % of ours

As I said all along
    I’m more interested in the keeping the ball out of the net stat
    But that’s overrated apparently

Won’t be replying to any more on it I’ve said my piece
    A sad day
    We had the best/joint best player in one position in the country and people consistently wanted him dropped
    Won’t have to worry about that anymore now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Dublin will win 10 in a row, football is ruined when there's a monster that cannot be beaten drumming out 10 point hidings to everyone else.

jr86 wrote: »

Hard to see how a 2 point lead will be enough - the first 10 minutes 2nd half will be crucial .

Well crucial it was :(

What an outfit in fairness

We gave them plenty in first half but 2 points up was never going to be near enough. Dublin are just on a different planet to everyone and ain't going away anytime soon

Do we expect a few retirements?

• Advertisement

Free reign on here again tonight so for all trolls
    Don’t dare respond if you are from Mayo or the cards will fly

jr86 wrote: »
    Well crucial it was :(

What an outfit in fairness

We gave them plenty in first half but 2 points up was never going to be near enough. Dublin are just on a different planet to everyone and ain't going away anytime soon

Do we expect a few retirements?

Clarke will go anyway
    Why would he wait
    Best in the country in his position yet constantly under pressure for his place

Don't know how this is Rob Hennellly's fault. Lee was rinsed for 2 goals, clearly not the same since the hip surgery, and Diarmuid O'Connor clearly not fit and yet started. Worst of all, all this lateral hand passing back and forth and no one wanting to take the shot when it was on.
    Horan tried to play Dublin at their own game and it doesn't work. Our fatigue showed badly in the second half too.

PressRun wrote: »
    Don't know how this is Rob Hennellly's fault. Lee was rinsed for 2 goals, clearly not the same since the hip surgery, and Diarmuid O'Connor clearly not fit and yet started. Worst of all, all this lateral hand passing back and forth and no one wanting to take the shot when it was on.
    Horan tried to play Dublin at their own game and it doesn't work. Our fatigue showed badly in the second half too.
    Didn’t say it was hennellys fault

Are we only allowed discuss kickout stats when Clarke is in goals ?
    Last week was 60% or so including one that should have lead to a goal .
    Today .........

First 3 shots at goal went in
    I consistently said I wanted Clarke in goals as he makes saves we take for granted and goals are worth 3 times as much as a point
    That’s not blaming Hennelly for not saving them it’s frustration that I think Clarke might have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Didn't see the point of starting o'connor or Vaughan. Needed a threat inside in coen in the first half, needed to be 6 up not 2. Kickouts were a disaster- when hennelly turned down an open boyle to go long it wasn't going to work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A seriously admirable group of players ye have. Try not to take it too hard. It's a brave new world.

km79 wrote: »

Won’t be replying to any more on it I’ve said my piece

Have you really?

DOC had run out of steam before 50 minutes
    Amazed he stayed on so long.

We brought great battling qualities in the first half.....but problem with the team selection was a lack of scorers in the final third.
    Ruane was getting a nosebleed within 30 yards of their goal. And Paddy lost confidence shooting after dropping a few short in 2nd half.

Anyway was always a huge ask with the 7 day turnaround from Donegal game.
    And the Dubs showed their class in 2nd half

Have you really?

Yes unless people start putting words in my mouth

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

A warning that any trolling on this thread will not be tolerated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Genuinely sad end of some of our most talented footballers ever.

End of an era feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Better football players than Dublin. Just didn't have the fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Dublin will win 10 in a row, football is ruined when there's a monster that cannot be beaten drumming out 10 point hidings to everyone else.

So what's the answer so they get down to everybody. What needs to be done is a restructure of how the GAA give out there money and wiser use by the counties to get better and not make other counties worse. Dublin had a long loan spell until this reign saw no one giving a crap them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hard luck Mayo. Very close in that first half I really taught was gonna be one those days!

I'm obviously glad it didn't but the games between these two teams over last few years have been great and hope not last one!

No rubbing **** in anyone's face I love this sport since was kid and wish I was still playing it as well!

I had feared this at half time (although I would never have predicted what was to come). A wounded Dublin team is a dangerous animal. Their plan b is 10x more ferocious than their plan a. If I was either Kerry or Tyrone I wouldnt be too motivated to come out tomorrow.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Genuinely sad end of some of our most talented footballers ever.

End of an era feel to it.

Agreed. Andy gone for sure. Might see Keith and Colm Boyle go too. Sad that it ended that way for them.

At the end of the day, we were plagued with injuries all year and were playing poorly for most of the summer. Lee Keegan isn't the player he was since the hip problems and we were lacking in direct runners and players running off the shoulder today. Didn't take our opportunities. Dublin had more players willing to take the shot on and take the direct option and that won them the game.
    Sad for the veterans in the team for it to end that way. But I've had great days out. I know some of the lads personally and contrary to what some outsiders would have you believe, they're lovely lads who have never been presumptuous about anything and have always been gracious. They live in a fish bowl down in Mayo and always have time for everyone. The defeats are hard to take, but sure all we can do is try again next year.

Finally, congrats to the Dubs. They're a serious outfit, great manager and deserved the win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    If I was either Kerry or Tyrone I wouldnt be too motivated to come out tomorrow.

I know it's Dublin, but anything can happen in a final.
    If Tyrone or Kerry can get into a similar position as Mayo were today at half-time - I don't think they'll capitulate like the Mayo lads did. Unfortunately this Mayo team have a history of it.

Only 2 forward scored from play

Age old issue again unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    I know it's Dublin, but anything can happen in a final.
    If Tyrone or Kerry can get into a similar position as Mayo were today at half-time - I don't think they'll capitulate like the Mayo lads did. Unfortunately this Mayo team have a history of it.

How? Please provide examples of how they capitulate and Kerry or Tyrone do not.

• Advertisement

How? Please provide examples of how they capitulate and Kerry or Tyrone do not.

We must have been watching different games today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

That's just not true. How many Mayo players get into a full-strength Dublin team?

You said this Mayo team have a history of it. So I'm sure you can cite loads of examples since 2012 or so...

If I was either Kerry or Tyrone I wouldnt be too motivated to come out tomorrow.

I am sorry but if a team I supported even for 1 second had that mentality I would tell all of them where to go and get 15 who would actually give a s***

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't recall Tyrone putting it up to Dublin last year.

What baffles me is how Mayo were so lax at the start of the 2nd half. Surely they had to know Dublin would come out as they did. Keegan was pedestrian

• Advertisement

I am sorry but if a team I supported even for 1 second had that mentality I would tell all of them where to go and get 15 who would actually give a s***

Good luck with that.

You said this Mayo team have a history of it. So I'm sure you can cite loads of examples since 2012 or so...
    I don't recall Tyrone putting it up to Dublin last year.

There's no talking to ye in this mood lads.
    My username is probably a trigger.... ;)

There is always next year.

Good luck with that.

Well then that the problem and not Dublin and others need to change. That been said the season Dublin lose then the mythos is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Mayo have been a great team since 2012 only team to come close to Dublin

Moran and Boyle just class acts, would go to war with Boyle every day, good luck to them if they do go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

:D surely a good joke there?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement