Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

seligehgit wrote: »
    Brian Reape,Conor Loftus,Eoin O Donoghue,Jason Gibbons and Caolan Crowe all lined out for their clubs.No James Durcan either.

O Donoghue is well capable of starting come championship IMO.

Very surprised he's not in the match day squad.

I would have included Reape or Loftus ahead of Conor O Shea.The wide expanses of Croker would suit the playing style of an at the moment undercooked Conor Loftus. TBF Conor O Shea must be flying in training,so perhaps it was easy call as James Horan has emphasised the fact that his selections will be based on current form/what he's seeing in training.

Cian Hanley,Evan Regan and Ryan O Donoghue are still injured.

ATM all the young Westport lads have disappeared off the radar...Colm Moran etc.

Shane Nally appears to be out in the cold.

Evan Regan is on the bench
    Brian reape isn’t up to it
    He doesn’t have the pace
    If he looks slow in the spring he will be ate alive in the summer
    Some players are good club players and not up to inter county . He seems to be one..
    Darren Coen is similar but seems to be able to win his own ball which is vital

Eoin o Donoghue is the ones that suprises me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »
    Evan Regan is on the benchBrian reape isn’t up to it
    He doesn’t have the pace
    If he looks slow in the spring he will be ate alive in the summer
    Some players are good club players and not up to inter county . He seems to be one..
    Darren Coen is similar but seems to be able to win his own ball which is vital

Going blind or more likely a late night!::)

Like the look of Coen as you say but I'd have concerns about his mobility or lack of..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Same. I thought he was gradually staking a claim for himself over the last year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

It looks like JH for whatever reason doesn't rate EoD.

Best of luck to everyone travelling today. I'm resigned to listening in on the radio. Hope we get a bit of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

PressRun wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone travelling today. I'm resigned to listening in on the radio. Hope we get a bit of luck!

It's on TG4 just so ya know.

It's on TG4 just so ya know.

I'm abroad at the moment, so have to listen. Don't mind listening actually, I like to potter about while it's on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Some goal for a half-back:eek: We're in a game now for sure...

Sounds like fast stuff so far.

• Advertisement

Kerry defending well by the sounds of things. They know we can't shoot from distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Vaughan is stinking the place out.

What does Horan be watching during the game ?

It was obvious from the FIRST ball in the full back line were in huge trouble
    Match ups all wrong
    Get a sweeper in

Yet again he seems to be asleep during the game
    We are blessed to still be in it
    And with a few tweaks could still win it

Andy will be on at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

A different level of performance needed in the second half.

Wide open at the back.

Vaughan is stinking the place out.

Doesn't sound like Darren Coen is up to much. Responsible for 2 wides so far, as far as I can hear. Not sure what Carr is contributing either?
    We don't seem to have any ideas up front anyway. Not moving the ball quick enough, making bad decisions, over-carrying, etc.

We're playing right into Kerry's hands so far, from the sounds of things.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Wide open at the back.

You can see it
    I can see it
    We can all see it

Can Horan ?

The goalkeeper debate is dead and buried too
    Ya can’t be coming out punching a ball that can be caught
    And then he is missing his frees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

You can see it
    I can see it
    We can all see it

Can Horan ?

The goalkeeper debate is dead and buried too
    Ya can’t be coming out punching a ball that can be caught
    And then he is missing his frees

To be fair he's been very composed under the high ball bar that. Kickouts have been decent too. Thought he could have done more for the second goal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Boland and Durcan carrying the fight to Kerry so far. Our full back line is in serious trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

That 2nd Kerry goal was a disgrace to concede at Junior level never mind Inter-County.

Vaughan,Carr and Coen have contributed very little.

The Kerry blanket defence is working and they know we can't beat it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Boland and Durcan carrying the fight to Kerry so far. Our full back line is in serious trouble

Their forwards are huge though. And our backs... well they aren't. Chris Barrett isn't even up to Tommy Walsh's shoulderblade i don't think.

To be fair he's been very composed under the high ball bar that. Kickouts have been decent too. Thought he could have done more for the second goal though.

Bar the one he should have caught easily and punched leading to a point and nervousness for rest of game ?
    He is 21 yards out . Not under the crossbar .Why is he even attempting to punch it
    And isn’t kicking his frees

No thanks
    I’ll stick with the double all star keeper who “only “ commands his box and saves shots thanks

• Advertisement

Call me Al wrote: »
    Their forwards are huge though. And our backs... well they aren't. Chris Barrett isn't even up to Tommy Walsh's shoulderblade i don't think.

The backs selected aren’t
    If only there could be another plan
    Rather than pick 3 small lads and hope Kerry will change their tactics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

So what can be changed? Think a sweeper needs to be deployed at the back and quicker ball put in. Giving them too much time to stick 13 players behind the ball.

Sounds like Clifford is making trouble for Harrison? Seems to have gotten away from him rather easily on a couple of occasions.

GOAL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

GOAL!

Well worked too. But that ref is ruining the game. :mad:

Bout time Darren Coen was taken off. A day to forget for him, unfortunately, from the sounds of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

'Mon ta fcuk Mayo. Don't screw this up.

Ref should be shot.

Game set and match:D

Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Brilliant !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Well done men.

IMO B Horan made great decisions, a strong finish. AOS nearly messed it all up
    DOC was excellent. The point then the goal.
    The momentum was very well managed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fantastic stuff, winning anything at all is a great thing for this team, especially the young lads. Something to build on.

And how good was DOC’s punch into the net? Top class player overall as well of course, if he continues to perform like he did today we’ll be competitive against any team.

Maigh Eo Abú!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

A Moran on Radio 1, very emotional.

The league is a great competition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Congratulations!

Rather ye win it than themmuns!

Well, that was a rollercoaster! Can't believe it. Thought we were doing it all wrong in the first half, but what a turnaround. Delighted for the team. Hopefully a few ghosts laid to rest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Absolutely thrilled for Mayo today! 🇧🇫🇧🇫 Brilliant mental strength to plough back and win. Never say die and never give up. I hope they have this final hoodoo off their back now and make it to the business end of the championship.

• Advertisement

YAHIOOOOIIIKioooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

We showed great character to turn that around. Defended like dogs when the going was tough and the likes of Diarmuid stepped up when we needed leaders in the second half. Delighted to see the lads celebrating at the end. Here's to a promising summer ahead, that will do us all the world of good.

Ok, whoever the dickhead steward is who wouldn't let Tom Parsons onto the pitch, he should never be let do a game in Croke Park ever again.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ok, whoever the dickhead steward is who wouldn't let Tom Parsons onto the pitch, he should never be let do a game in Croke Park ever again.

Saw that on Twitter. Bad form. A mate at the match said Paddy Durcan was giving the steward an earful. I'd have done the same myself if I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Bar the one he should have caught easily and punched leading to a point and nervousness for rest of game ?
    He is 21 yards out . Not under the crossbar .Why is he even attempting to punch it
    And isn’t kicking his frees

No thanks
    I’ll stick with the double all star keeper who “only “ commands his box and saves shots thanks

Change your mind? Hon Mayo!

PressRun wrote: »
    Saw that on Twitter. Bad form. A mate at the match said Paddy Durcan was giving the steward an earful. I'd have done the same myself if I was there.

This country doesnt do 'common sense' very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

ProudDUB wrote: »

That was embarrassing alright but some of these lads doing security in Croke Park haven't a clue. Not GAA men anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

My god can’t believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Those stewarts have no cop on maye Mayo should have had Parsons inside on the bench with the subs. The second coming of Kerry is not what we have been led to beleve they are quite ordinary even after Mayo gifted them two Goals If Mayo had lost Shamie would have been savaged what a brain thing to do . Then after the match he is up in the stand kissing his partner . Great man for the limelight is our
    Shamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lillielad

I am absolutely buzzing for you guys, savage team over the last few years and never let up!! new additions like Raune and Boland have been brilliant too!! Congrats lads you deserve this more than most.

Seen the steward clip myself absolutely scandalous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

Those stewarts have no cop on maye Mayo should have had Parsons inside on the bench with the subs. The second coming of Kerry is not what we have been led to beleve they are quite ordinary even after Mayo gifted them two Goals If Mayo had lost Shamie would have been savaged what a brain thing to do . Then after the match he is up in the stand kissing his partner . Great man for the limelight is our
    Shamie.

His name is Aidan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement