Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry skin

• 09-03-2019 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

Ive always had skin that tended to be a little dry but nothing a thick moisturizer couldn't sort out. In the past couple of years though my skin has become so dry and nothing I use seems to help. Ive gone to skin clinics and beauticians but they dont really listen to me and try to sell me their products. I have fallen for this in past only to spend hundreds on recommended products which only made my skin worse.
    Ive tried everything from Eucerin, Image skin care, natural ingredient moisturizers, face oils, hyaluronic acid, expensive vitamin serums, regular facials, different exfoliaters, drinking lots of water and eating a healthy diet but nothing is helping the problem.
    I have a light moisturizing foundation that ive always used and was a life saver on days where my skin was particularly dry as it would glide over dry patches and last the entire day but now after an hour or two my face is a flaky, patchy mess. When I wake up in the mornings my face feels rough, it feels like my face is covered in stubble. Its particularly bad around my T zone.
    My entire face is covered is fine lines when I wake up, feels tight, most of these lines disappear as soon as I add a bit of oil or moisturizer to my face.
    The skin on my body is fine, it just seems to be my face that's effected leading me to think it's a product ive used in the past which maybe compromised my skin barrier.
    Can anyone offer some tips on how to help excessively dry skin or damaged skin barrier?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

You can try thermal water mist (either Avene or LRP), remember to pat them after a few minutes though - otherwise they will dry your skin even more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

otnomart wrote: »
    You can try thermal water mist (either Avene or LRP), remember to pat them after a few minutes though - otherwise they will dry your skin even more

I have an Avene thermal water mist and also a Yon ka thermal water that I use regularly but they're not helping my skin at all, I may as well be spraying tap water on my face. They used to work great for me but not anymore.

Advertisement