Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paddy2012

exilec wrote: »
    Leaving it very late to announce anything . Strange set up considering they are aiming at families ??

If I was to guess id say the line up will mainly be the more family friendly acts from the Glasto lineup who are yet to play Ireland this year like The Killers, Kylie, Snow Patrol, Mikey Cyrus etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    If I was to guess id say the line up will mainly be the more family friendly acts from the Glasto lineup who are yet to play Ireland this year like The Killers, Kylie, Snow Patrol, Mikey Cyrus etc.

Killers are playing Belsonic , Snow Patrol doing Dublin and Belfast already. Kylie is a good bet tho

Killers are playing Belsonic

Which I think probably makes them more likely to do this too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Which I think probably makes them more likely to do this too

Am I right in saying this fest is 8000 cap? was that mentioned.

If so Killers are way too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I wouldnt expect it to be the Killers, as you say, too big. I reckon the headliners will be of the Beatyard/ Groove festival level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Killers and Kylie Minogue headlining some tiny new fest that we know nothing about :pac: gotta love boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I wouldn't rule Kylie out, Leo would easily sell our souls for a few minutes with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

God bless you Paddy, you're an optimistic soul. I think you need to lower the bar by several notches there. Although Mikey Cyrus might be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what's the lineup for this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So what's the lineup for this.

I was told it would be this week, not looking likely now. Leaving it till two months before the festival to announce lineup and ticket prices is a dangerous game. I hope they know what they are doing. It will either have to be a kick ass lineup up or cheap as chips ticket prices to sell it out at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

corm500 wrote: »
    I was told it would be this week, not looking likely now. Leaving it till two months before the festival to announce lineup and ticket prices is a dangerous game. I hope they know what they are doing. It will either have to be a kick ass lineup up or cheap as chips ticket prices to sell it out at this stage.

Could still be tomorrow I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

corm500 wrote: »

Even then, I'd have my doubts now. It's clearly being aimed at families with kids and I'd say the vast majority of people with kids who are planning holidays for the summer already have them planned.

If this was a first time organiser, you'd have your doubts about the professionalism of it but for Festival Republic to be so casual and late is very surprising.

At a guess, I'd say they're not expecting a lot from this year and, instead, are focused on establishing the brand so that it's top of the list for people next year. But even at that, you'd imagine the line up was at least partly finalised months ago so to have no info at all is still very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

At this point you'd have to expect a very bargain basement lineup, with a tiny capacity, and a lot of day tickets.

It must be Monday surely for this announcement now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Prob be full of bloggers and influencers lol i say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

bigpink wrote: »
    Prob be full of bloggers and influencers lol i say

What festival doesn't?

Sorry I didn't know that, guess it is a bit optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Sorry I didn't know that, guess it is a bit optimistic

Would be great though. Sometimes optimism pays off. We're too pessimistic sometimes ;)

Heard these aren't playing not sure how true the rumour is....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The guy behind a few 20 year old trance-pop tunes? That'd certainly be a particular choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This is not the direction I expected.

Giving up on this one now, it seems to be a lost cause for this year.

I'm off to the Algarve...it sounded like torture with the kids from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Giving up on this one now, it seems to be a lost cause for this year.

Has it announced anything yet? I won't be going with way but curious what line up will be

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I'm also curious to see how it will pan out. Brought the kids to ATN last year and would definitely be on for this but we have a wedding the same weekend this year. Have to say I agree with other posters that it seems a bit shambolic to have no details but the name and date out at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

This is surely dead in the water.

This is surely dead in the water.

They posted on Facebook 2 days ago that the Lineup was coming VERY soon (Their capitalisation not mine)

2 months to sell a festival? they are braver souls than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

It'll be an interesting feat if they manage it, still though capacity isn't huge, could throw a couple reasonably popular Irish acts and one or two 80s type heritage acts and I reckon they would still have a good chance. Organization of this has been poor so far though. If they pull it off it'll be impressive!

Wouldn't worry about the time to show a good enough act will sell it out straight away. There's a little bit of spontaneous to it, kind like that in this premeditated world.

• Advertisement

A cursory look through who is playing festivals in the UK around the end of June gives a list of possibilities for this festival.

Feeder
    Texas
    Keane
    Black Eyed Peas
    Josh Groban
    Bryan Ferry
    Tears For Fears
    Mavericks
    Billy Ocean
    Belinda Carlisle
    Kate Nash
    Kooks
    Paul Weller
    Busted
    Billy Bragg
    Anne Marie
    Fatboy Slim
    Fontaines DC
    Janet Jackson
    Kylie
    Lauren Hill
    Lionel Richie
    Orbital
    Sheryl Crow

As its an unknown quantity, its highly probable that none of the above will appear, but I would say quite a few of these acts are within the paygrade of this festival, possible exceptions Kylie and Janet.

Advertisement