Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I predict EZ Feelin and the Joe Dolan experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would it be a musc festival lineup like the others though, maybe it will be celebrities that appeal to kids, if this is a fully fledged kids festival, we might be talking about boy bands and x factor type stuff, perhaps festival guests like child show presenters and the like. It certainly doesn't seem to be acting like the way of other festivals, more noticeable with its lack of announcements. This leads me to think its a different kind of billing altogether that doesn't require the urgency of all the other types of festivals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

^^agreed. I'll be surprised if there's anyone on the music lineup that most of this forum would care about. I'm expecting someone on the level of Dermot Kennedy or whoever the new budget version of Picture This is, or maybe a pop-y act like Anne-Marie mentioned above.
    Everything points more to it being a family fun day out, not a music festival.
    Weather will probably make or break it, a sunny weekend and probably loads of last minute day tickets being bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Would it be a musc festival lineup like the others though, maybe it will be celebrities that appeal to kids, if this is a fully fledged kids festival, we might be talking about boy bands and x factor type stuff, perhaps festival guests like child show presenters and the like. It certainly doesn't seem to be acting like the way of other festivals, more noticeable with its lack of announcements. This leads me to think its a different kind of billing altogether that doesn't require the urgency of all the other types of festivals.

If there is only kids' stuff, whats in it for the adults? No self respecting parent is going to take a weekend out of their (summer) life, lash out a couple of hundred quid to camp with their kids and watch their kids do kids stuff. I can't imagine many going to that.

IIRC it is pitching itself as a family festival rather than a kid's festival. You have to have stuff for all the family not just kids.

If there is only kids' stuff, whats in it for the adults? No self respecting parent is going to take a weekend out of their (summer) life, lash out a couple of hundred quid to camp with their kids and watch their kids do kids stuff. I can't imagine many going to that.

IIRC it is pitching itself as a family festival rather than a kid's festival. You have to have stuff for all the family not just kids.

There could be audio visual stuff, science fairs, talks, all sorts of stuff as well, its obviously geared toward the start of the school holidays and you know, some parents live for their kids and love that kind of involvement too, like an extended Soul Kids festival. Sure you know yourself Pablo there's plenty of choice already out there, so maybe Kaleidoscope is aiming the other way, I don't know. I can imagine it closing at 10.30 - 11 PM unless there is the adult selection for the early hours.

• Advertisement

FB:

April 2nd: Line-up, Ticket & Camping Information coming Very Soon!! We can't wait to share it with you all...

April 9th: First KALEIDOSCOPE 2019 music line-up announcements coming VERY soon. We cannot wait to share them

April 11th ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

FB:

April 2nd: Line-up, Ticket & Camping Information coming Very Soon!! We can't wait to share it with you all...

April 9th: First KALEIDOSCOPE 2019 music line-up announcements coming VERY soon. We cannot wait to share them

April 11th ... ?

I guess they can wait.

A children's festival with a small garden for the adults called Soul Adults :):D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

FB:

April 11th ... ?

Very Electric Picnic of them, super excitable oh my god statement followed for 6 months by crickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

If it's not out by tomorrow or next Friday it'd be bit mad

• Advertisement

Very Electric Picnic of them, super excitable oh my god statement followed for 6 months by crickets...

If someone in my work place said "I will have that deliverable very soon", they would get a very "what are you talking about?" look.

Very soon means "I don't know exactly when, I am still working on it"

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Do you have kids? I am a self respecting parent and I would happily go camping with my kids at something like this. The camping is the bit they would be most excited about tbh. However I dont think it's gonna be 100% kids stuff. It'll prob be more of a 50:50 split unlike standard festivals which are 90:10 in favour of adult entertainment.

Do you have kids? I am a self respecting parent and I would happily go camping with my kids at something like this. The camping is the bit they would be most excited about tbh. However I dont think it's gonna be 100% kids stuff. It'll prob be more of a 50:50 split unlike standard festivals which are 90:10 in favour of adult entertainment.

I do have a child. My point was you need something for the adults also, which I also suspect they will have. Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

If the camping is what they are excited about, why not just do that instead of paying €200+ Per person for the privilege

That way you and the OH can use the savings to go to electric picnic or ATN!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Eod100 wrote: »

I entered the comp to win tickets but sadly my luck wasnt in....
    Does anyone know if there will be day tickets for this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Eod100 wrote: »

Bell X1, well there's your legacy act and Irish act all rolled into one .

judeboy101 wrote: »

Not sure they would qualify as legacy tbf

judeboy101 wrote: »

I suppose Bell X1 headlining is about what we expected for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I’d be shocked if it’s anything other than a load of Irish acts and maybe one well known “heritage “ act.

Told ya! :pac:

Tbf though, the early bird ticket of €105 for a family of 4 is not that bad. Wouldn't be a million miles away from the cost of paying into a regular pitched camping site for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The music must be on or over early cause how will parents see hear it unless one stays in the tent with kid

Tbf though, the early bird ticket of €105 for a family of 4 is not that bad. Wouldn't be a million miles away from the cost of paying into a regular pitched camping site for the weekend.

That is VERY good value alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Well I predicted it would either be a plethora of decent acts or cheap as chips tickets. I see they went with the latter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Bit of a strange one so far. Not the typical style of festival or line-up I'd expect from the likes of Festival Republic.

It looks like Groove with camping

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Worth a punt at 100 yoyo's for a family if they want to dip their toe into festival life

Does that price include camping or is that extra?

From the Today FM website:

BellX1 and Tom Odell will be the stars of the show and there'll also be performances from the cream of the Irish music crop - Wild Youth, The Riptide Movement, Delorentos and many more.

There'll be loads for the kids to do including an outdoor cinema, a baby disco, zip lining and a circus!

Tickets go on sale on Tuesday and a special early bird family ticket will cost you only €105.75 (including booking fee and camping)

That is very cheap. Lineup is pants though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I mean, if that family ticket is for two adults and two children, that's a bargain, even if the music is very beige. You're essentially talking access to a campsite with some added music thrown on top.

The mistake they made with this, IMO, was announcing 'a new music festival' in an Electric Picnic press release. It heightened expectations - or at least made people think that it was a music-focused festival, rather than a camping weekend with some bands at it for evening entertainment.

Edit: and I say 'mistake' on the basis of some disappointment in here - I'm sure this will be a success. Maybe not this year because of the short lead in but if they keep it going for a few years, it'll do fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

blackwhite wrote: »
    If the camping is what they are excited about, why not just do that instead of paying €200+ Per person for the privilege

That way you and the OH can use the savings to go to electric picnic or ATN!

You cannot compare camping in a field with going to a festival.

Advertisement