Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Is there an option to do this on Ticketmaster if going for one day non camping as I couldn't see that option?

I added an Under 2 child ticket and then it gives you the option to buy a parking ticket. The Under 2 child ticket is free so the only cost is that of the parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Any rumours on other acts to play or when we can expect another announcement. Could see the pale making a welcome appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Any rumours on other acts to play or when we can expect another announcement. Could see the pale making a welcome appearance.

It said Irish and international acts, they have only announced Irish acts. I imagine they will make an announcement soon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Despite the slow start they seem to be making a go of this now. Their plugging it on the radio a lot and the lineup isn't bad. The weather could make or break it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

corm500 wrote: »
    It said Irish and international acts, they have only announced Irish acts. I imagine they will make an announcement soon

Isn't tom Odell the international act? The Missus has me listening to a Spotify playlist of all the acts so I don't embarrass her or the kids. Im not a fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Isn't tom Odell the international act? The Missus has me listening to a Spotify playlist of all the acts so I don't embarrass her or the kids. Im not a fan

Not a fan of wife and kids or tom Odell?

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Not a fan of wife and kids or tom Odell?

First one, then the other :D

I thought he was Irish and they had missed out the apostrophe in his surname 😀

"big" announcement nxt Tues, I'm assuming Cradle of filth.
    But the legendary don Conroy will be there so I'm happy.

No news on the big Tuesday announcement. Alarm bells are starting to ring on the way this festival is being handled. Seems like a litany of mistakes from day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It might be a 6 or 7 PM announcement or something like that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

No news on the big Tuesday announcement. Alarm bells are starting to ring on the way this festival is being handled. Seems like a litany of mistakes from day one.

Tuesday doesn't end at 2:41 pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

What other mistake have they made? i've not noticed any. Although i've only dipped in and out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The sponsored ad that I saw on FB that I was certain said big announcement Tue now says Big News all week

Tickets arrived today

oLoonatic wrote: »
    What other mistake have they made? i've not noticed any. Although i've only dipped in and out of this thread.

The festival was meant to be launched on the same day as EP launch, leaving Festival Republic honcho Melvin Benn in the position on the day where he had to deny there was another festival at all
    . After it launched a few weeks later it was without any initial lineup. Press were told lineup was to be released 10th April, but it was pushed back to 18th.
    Early bird family tickets were to be available till start of May when in fact tix sold out within a minute of going on sale meaning there must have been very few passes available at that price.
    Full price is very expensive, for the average family around €500 for what is essentially a group of local acts that would mostly have trouble selling out a village hall. Then today’s BIG announcement which hasn’t happened as of yet.
    I hope I’m wrong, as I will be going, but I have a feeling they aren’t sure what they are up to.

The festival was meant to be launched on the same day as EP launch, leaving Festival Republic honcho Melvin Benn in the position on the day where he had to deny there was another festival at all
    . After it launched a few weeks later it was without any initial lineup. Press were told lineup was to be released 10th April, but it was pushed back to 18th.
    Early bird family tickets were to be available till start of May when in fact tix sold out within a minute of going on sale meaning there must have been very few passes available at that price.
    Full price is very expensive, for the average family around €500 for what is essentially a group of local acts that would mostly have trouble selling out a village hall. Then today’s BIG announcement which hasn’t happened as of yet.
    I hope I’m wrong, as I will be going, but I have a feeling they aren’t sure what they are up to.

They should have run all tickets at early bird prices to see what the grá was for this type of festival. On paper its a no brainer lots of 2+2+ a shi-tzu families out there who want to dip their toe into it. We are heading as we got early birds but full price would put me off big time.

They should have run all tickets at early bird prices to see what the grá was for this type of festival. On paper its a no brainer lots of 2+2+ a shi-tzu families out there who want to dip their toe into it. We are heading as we got early birds but full price would put me off big time.

Same here, but lots of mates didn't manage to get the early birds and the huge price difference has put most of them off. Pity as these guys are the demographic that the festival seems to be aiming at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Yeah, I was going to get an early bird if I could, but when all sold out I didn't bother. Maybe I'll buy a day ticket closer to the time but I bought tickets for a festival a few years ago that was cancelled, got the money back fine, but just not in a rush to spend so that money.

Big announcement is now tomorrow morning at 7.50 on the Ian Dempsey breakfast show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I would have happily picked up an early bird ticket but got delayed that morning so missed out, there was quite an increase when I looked at full price tickets so I didn't bother.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Big announcement is now tomorrow morning at 7.50 on the Ian Dempsey breakfast show

Missus Noticed they've started replying to fb posts. Prob heritage act mayb teletubbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Missus Noticed they've started replying to fb posts. Prob heritage act mayb teletubbies?

They’re playing the legends slot on the Sunday afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

so what's the Sceal?

anybody been listening to Today Fm for the BIG NEWS!

so what's the Sceal?

anybody been listening to Today Fm for the BIG NEWS!

Maybe it’s chic again

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Maybe it’s chic again

Paddy power would give 1:2 odds

It’s imelda May

+ryan sheridan, kormac, sean and conor price. ryan mack, josh gray, orla gartland, lisa mchugh, somebody's child and rothwell.

+ a new price plan and limited amount of 155.25 family tickets (2 adults, 2 kids)

haven't even updated their webpage.

• Advertisement

Glad to see they have brought the family ticket back. Looks like they are also going to refund anyone who has paid full price. Still committed to that very local lineup though. Lisa McHugh? Is she not more suited to the Late Late Show Country Special?

Advertisement