Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7TkJ-iknV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Missus just sent me this

Biggest bouncy castle in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They must be having trouble selling tickets for this I just had six ads for Kaleidoscope in my Facebook feed in the last few minutes.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

judeboy101 wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7TkJ-iknV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Missus just sent me this

Biggest bouncy castle in the world.

Nice one! Who needs the Fontaines!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

has anyone any idea of the amount of punters expected at this,
    or the size of the site?

i'm slumming it in general camping and missed the park at your tent option curious if ill need a chiropractor by the time i've lugged the kids
    and the kitchen sink to the camp site,
    No idea how im going to get the family and all our gear an supplies in my car! My car is stuffed at EP and its only two of us with no tent!

I know its the maiden voyage and we dont know anything
    but i'm starved of information! Ill take guesses at this stage!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Is it just me or is anyone else worried that they are not going to pull this off. Neither their site or Twitter account updated for recent announcement. 6 music stages, leaving aside Jerry Fish that is 5 and by my reckoning there are only 35 music acts to cover them for 3 days which is 2-3 acts per stage per day. The poster still says many more but that is not the answer you get when you contact them. I know it is nor all about the music, is for me mind you, but the numbers so far are worrying. Rant over.

• Advertisement

has anyone any idea of the amount of punters expected at this,
    or the size of the site?

i'm slumming it in general camping and missed the park at your tent option curious if ill need a chiropractor by the time i've lugged the kids
    and the kitchen sink to the camp site,
    No idea how im going to get the family and all our gear an supplies in my car! My car is stuffed at EP and its only two of us with no tent!

I know its the maiden voyage and we dont know anything
    but i'm starved of information! Ill take guesses at this stage!

cheers

Put harnesses on kids and pretend you are dog sleding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mickey Monk

I have the weekend camping family pass but didn't realise that I needed an additional ticket to park. I'm hoping that these will be available on the day...

If anyone has a car-camping ticket they want to sell, please let me know.

I have the weekend camping family pass but didn't realise that I needed an additional ticket to park. I'm hoping that these will be available on the day...

If anyone has a car-camping ticket they want to sell, please let me know.

They are available on the day.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else worried that they are not going to pull this off. Neither their site or Twitter account updated for recent announcement. 6 music stages, leaving aside Jerry Fish that is 5 and by my reckoning there are only 35 music acts to cover them for 3 days which is 2-3 acts per stage per day. The poster still says many more but that is not the answer you get when you contact them. I know it is nor all about the music, is for me mind you, but the numbers so far are worrying. Rant over.

Those 6 include dj stages so u could have 2 live stages, jerry fish and 3 dj stages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Those 6 include dj stages so u could have 2 live stages, jerry fish and 3 dj stages

I remember going to Temple House festival about 10 years ago, and 1 of their stages was the back half of a VW Beetle hidden in a forest walk with a log fire in front, and planks on logs to makes benches for about 40 people at a pinch maybe 100 if all standing.

I also remember happily sitting there for a few hours with a few bottles of beer, listening to a band called Gog and the Grinders - all also with bottles of beer, and I'm convinced a few bottles of Bucky - a they jammed away, frequently forgetting whatever song they were meant to he singing, shrugging and just going again.

So anything's a stage if you want it to be, and at a festival like Kaleidoscope the above may be ideal for adults without kids who want to escape, or equally a small set up like that with Baby Shark on 24 hour loop might also go down a storm.

• Advertisement

They are available on the day.

you sure?

i asked if there was any more car camping (camp beside your car that is)
    coming up for sale and they said no,
    they didnt mention anything about on the day availibility

you can pay for regular parking on the day (a whopping €23)
    if you didnt get the discounted parking at the time of buying your tickets

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I forgot to get a parking ticket when I bought my ticket. I emailed TM asking about it and this was their response.....

“HI,
    We cannot advise if you will be able to pay for parking on the day as we are only the ticket sellers, do you want to add a car park pass to your booking and pay the fee now?
    Thanks,”

So I booked the ticket.

It’ll either be very expensive or chaos if you rock up without a ticket on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

They're offering a 'free' ticket for next 48 hours in honour of leaving cert. In this case free means the Family ticket is now 2 Adults and 3 kids as opposed to 2 + 2.

https://facebook.com/kaleidoscopeireland/

I am starting to wonder if rumours of poor sales are true. Might mean less crowded experience for families that do go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Patser wrote: »
    They're offering a 'free' ticket for next 48 hours in honour of leaving cert. In this case free means the Family ticket is now 2 Adults and 3 kids as opposed to 2 + 2.

I am starting to wonder if rumours of poor sales are true. Might mean less crowded experience for families that do go.

You would imagine the organiseres of ep know how to put on a good show, so it should be decent. It will probably take a year or 2 to get off the ground and sell by word of mouth.

Patser wrote: »

Is all news through Facebook? Don't do Facebook and the site and Twitter account are useless.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Is all news through Facebook? Don't do Facebook and the site and Twitter account are useless.

FB, it's the target demographic. Middle income mammies and their mindfulness, flexitarian Fridays and 3rd class ms walsh WhatsApp group.

FB, it's the target demographic. Middle income mammies and their mindfulness, flexitarian Fridays and 3rd class ms walsh WhatsApp group.

I am certainly not in their demographic then. People on here will keep me updated. If you hear of buses from Dublin can you stick it up here. Kaleidoscope said will be buses keep an eye on line but given site doesn't have either the day breakdown or Jerry Fish acts not holding my breath

Kaleidoscope seem to be on an advertising blitz again on my Facebook page, not a great sign and kinda like Body&Soul too, both seem to be struggling selling tickets.

Kaleidoscope seem to be on an advertising blitz again on my Facebook page, not a great sign and kinda like Body&Soul too, both seem to be struggling selling tickets.

Instagram too. Every second post seems to be from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Best solution for this is pretty obvious .. stop using Facebook. ;)

• Advertisement

It doesn't bother me too much, more concerned towards the festival, plus I run a few Facebook carpool groups for volunteers to festivals as well.

It doesn't bother me too much, more concerned towards the festival, plus I run a few Facebook carpool groups for volunteers to festivals as well.

hi BD, are you working at this? Im starved of a bit of hype!
    I haven't a clue about site setup...will they have started yet?
    anyone want to fly a drone over?

any undercard gems i need to check out
    the main line up is grim!

cheers

No the boutique tent work fell through so I won't be at this sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

With around two and a half weeks to go, i would have assumed that more details would be available? Back in the old days of EP, Oxegen etc (in my day) we would know the site layout, bus schedules and times of acts on each stage at his point?

Hero777 wrote: »
    With around two and a half weeks to go, i would have assumed that more details would be available? Back in the old days of EP, Oxegen etc (in my day) we would know the site layout, bus schedules and times of acts on each stage at his point?
    Really? Stage times? I'm what you'd consider an old timer but back in the old EP/Oxegen days all you knew two weeks out is the days the acts were playing. The actual stage times were seldom released, if ever (I'm totally open to correction on this) and you would have to wait until you got the lanyard thing on site that day. As far as I can remember, some newspapers may have printed the times the day before but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Electric Picnic never released the stage times any more than a couple of days before the festival. Site map usually arrives about a week before. Sure here's Nialler9 posting the stage times for EP 2006 2 days before the start - https://nialler9.com/electric-picnic-timetable/

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

They seem to update the instagram every day https://www.instagram.com/kaleidoscopeireland/?hl=en

Does anyone know if you will be boxed in with the car camping. I.e. if your kids are having a meltdown and the rain is bucketing down will you be able to drive home on the Friday or Saturday night or will your bar be blocked in by others?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

bobbyg wrote: »
    They seem to update the instagram every day https://www.instagram.com/kaleidoscopeireland/?hl=en

Does anyone know if you will be boxed in with the car camping. I.e. if your kids are having a meltdown and the rain is bucketing down will you be able to drive home on the Friday or Saturday night or will your bar be blocked in by others?

They'd have to leave space to get out for fire reasons.

If the weather continues like this itll be on a boat we'll be having it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Really? Stage times? I'm what you'd consider an old timer but back in the old EP/Oxegen days all you knew two weeks out is the days the acts were playing. The actual stage times were seldom released, if ever (I'm totally open to correction on this) and you would have to wait until you got the lanyard thing on site that day. As far as I can remember, some newspapers may have printed the times the day before but I'm not sure.

in fairness i think you are right re stage times, i don't know why i was thinking that they were released earlier. ;)

Advertisement