Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

anyone else get this - Missed Event Insurance - Policy

Could be a fishing scam on my email but i certainly didn't buy any insurance when purchasing tickets

email came separately and invoice for 14 euro separately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Nope, I've no such email

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

They said I selected insurance. Sneaky Ticketmaster as usual. Got a refund anyway.

Tickets arrived in post today. Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

tmabr wrote: »
    They said I selected insurance. Sneaky Ticketmaster as usual. Got a refund anyway.

Tickets arrived in post today. Yay

That happened me with the last hozier gig i booked. Its a bit sneaky to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Family tickets are €38.82 each = family of 4 = €155 ?

is that right ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tmabr wrote: »
    anyone else get this - Missed Event Insurance - Policy

Could be a fishing scam on my email but i certainly didn't buy any insurance when purchasing tickets

email came separately and invoice for 14 euro separately

What fresh hell is this? Are Ticketmaster slyly selling insurance and if you don't untick a box it is automatically added and charged to your card? If so that is a sneaky tactic, one that Ryanair used to use but even they got rid of several years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What fresh hell is this? Are Ticketmaster slyly selling insurance and if you don't untick a box it is automatically added and charged to your card? If so that is a sneaky tactic, one that Ryanair used to use but even they got rid of several years back.
    They are doing this ages. I got caught with it the first time they introduced it. They do give a refund if you notice it, but I suppose the point is that a lot of people won't notice it and get stung. Sneaky alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's not sneaky at all. it's not auto-ticked. you have to actually tick Yes to get it charged. if you got charged the insurance then you ticked Yes instead of No.
    I just checked a random gig on there now to confirm, neither box is ticket by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats really low to make insurance opt out instead of opt in. Though it is to be expected with a company as unethical as Ticketmaster.

it's not sneaky at all. it's not auto-ticked. you have to actually tick Yes to get it charged. if you got charged the insurance then you ticked Yes instead of No.
    I just checked a random gig on there now to confirm, neither box is ticket by default.

It used to be.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It used to be.
    it still is.

I've just gone through to the payment page for Kaleidoscope weekend camping tickets and neither box are ticked.

You have to select Yes to get charged insurance.

e: sorry, i thought you meant it used to be unticked. I don't remember it ever being auto-ticked.

it still is.

I've just gone through to the payment page for Kaleidoscope weekend camping tickets and neither box are ticked.

You have to select Yes to get charged insurance.

e: sorry, i thought you meant it used to be unticked. I don't remember it ever being auto-ticked.

I was just about to reply before the edit. I was getting confused AF! :D

It definitely used to be autoticked. As I said earlier, I got stung with it once and had to get a refund. It was when they first introduced it. I'm normally very careful about reading all the T&C's/Extras when buying stuff online, but because I'd bought so much stuff from TM down through the years my guard was down.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pukeko

I noticed in the camping Ts and Cs there is NO open fires, disposable BBQs, or cooking stoves allowed. Is this the norm at a festival??

We're bringing the kids and want to be able to feed them at the tent...not from vendors for 3 days. They'll hardly shut down campers making a hot brekkie surely??

i haven't been to a festival for years so don't know the story these days

I'd say it's the fire risk they are more worried about - any sort of flames around tents, and add in young kids messing.

Feed them with dry stuff - bags if brioches, brekkie bars, biscuits, multi packs of juice bottles, muffins etc - sort of stuff youd get cheap in Lidl.

Oh, and any one else going watching MT Cranium's forecastsike a hawk, and getting a tingle of hope after today's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pukeko wrote: »
    I noticed in the camping Ts and Cs there is NO open fires, disposable BBQs, or cooking stoves allowed. Is this the norm at a festival??

We're bringing the kids and want to be able to feed them at the tent...not from vendors for 3 days. They'll hardly shut down campers making a hot brekkie surely??

Edit: sorry, thought I was posting in the Body and Soul thread!

Yes.

if you have a coolbox, stick a few ice-packs in there to keep it cold. you'll then be able to bring milk for cereal, fillers for sandwiches...

Patser wrote: »
    I'd say it's the fire risk they are more worried about - any sort of flames around tents, and add in young kids messing.

Feed them with dry stuff - bags if brioches, brekkie bars, biscuits, multi packs of juice bottles, muffins etc - sort of stuff youd get cheap in Lidl.
    Yea i guess the fire risk is there - but no more than it would be with a full on "adult" fest where drink drugs etc would be more prevalent - if anything there should be more responsible people at this.

I just want my rasher sangwich and mug a tae in the morning is all!

Yea i guess the fire risk is there - but no more than it would be with a full on "adult" fest where drink drugs etc would be more prevalent - if anything there should be more responsible people at this.

most adult festivals don't allow them either.

Same rule is there for EP and Body and Soul - at both you have to go to a designated BBQ spot and only with disposable BBQs.

Unless you have a campervan, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Pick up a greasey breakfast roll from a teenager in a van like the rest of us - stuff of champions!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

I asked them about disposable bbqs and they said they are not allowed. There are no designated bbq areas and no cooking equipment allowed on site.

Not a particularly family-friendly policy that

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

Not really. They will have stations to heat up baby food but that's about it by the sounds of it. I guess if their numbers are low they want everyone buying from the onsite vendors.

exactly - adds major to cost to it when you have to feed a tribe from vendors for every meal - dry food from lidl only get you so far - will be bringing plenty of that aswell

Family camping in EP has designated BBQ areas for disposable BBQ's. Surprised they won't have any here. Probably because the whole festival is essentially Family Camping so they'd have to have loads of designated areas. More likely insurance reasons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I wonder what the baby food heating stations are? If there’s hot water maybe stock up on pot noodles or a microwave grab some ready meals lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For anyone travelling from Dublin any or each day marathon coaches early birds now available

Lists of healthy activities up too - mostly free too, including the hot tub!!! I'm packing my speedos now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bother1

Hi just curious about festival layout has anyone seen a map yet? Second venue is a bus trip away - wasn't aware there would be a second venue!

Advertisement