Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

Campervan tickets available on Ticketmaster now. No caravan option coming up though

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

oinkely wrote: »
    Campervan tickets available on Ticketmaster now. No caravan option coming up though

They must have had about 4 extra passes for camp by your car.

Edit - must have been a problem this morning. the menu changed when i went back in at 9:30 and i got them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Bother1 wrote: »
    Hi just curious about festival layout has anyone seen a map yet? Second venue is a bus trip away - wasn't aware there would be a second venue!

WTF is that about!???

layout map out later this week apparently ( i asked yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

WTF is that about!???

layout map out later this week apparently ( i asked yesterday)

I'd say the Avon Ri (now called the Avon) resort is getting involved. This is a sort of team building place up on the lake near Blessington, with adventure sport set up there. So if you want to do archery, ziplining etc you'll probably end up getting shuttled over there. If you click the link on Avon Ri site, they're advertising their bbq set up for big meals away from crowd at festival

Edit:

https://www.theavon.ie/avon-activities-for-kaleidoscope-2019.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bother1

Yes it's the avon place - they're saying a 6 min bus ride away - it's free if you book the bus in advance otherwise it's €5 return. The post isn't entirely clear as to what's up there, my kids will want the bouncy castle and skate park but if they're going to be offsite of the main festival area it's going to be difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

95 euro extra for a park beside your tent pass.

no thanks:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I wonder will there be a separation from the camping areas to the stages, so can you take a few cans in a backpack, that might offset the cost of food if living off the vendors for three days.

bennyc wrote: »
    I wonder will there be a separation from the camping areas to the stages, so can you take a few cans in a backpack, that might offset the cost of food if living off the vendors for three days.

fairly shocked if there wasnt!
    I assume there will be arena entrances with searches like EP?
    pity my kids are big or there would be naggins in the nappies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

fairly shocked if there wasnt!
    I assume there will be arena entrances with searches like EP?
    pity my kids are big or there would be naggins in the nappies! :D

Wishful thinking on my behalf, searches on the entry points I see , IMO its one of the highlights of Glasto to be able to tip around with a few beers in the backpack, less getting pissed on cans in the campsite for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bother1 wrote: »
    Yes it's the avon place - they're saying a 6 min bus ride away - it's free if you book the bus in advance otherwise it's €5 return. The post isn't entirely clear as to what's up there, my kids will want the bouncy castle and skate park but if they're going to be offsite of the main festival area it's going to be difficult.

And for anyone who wants a leisurely stroll in the nature instead of taking the bus then usefully the Blessington Greenway starts at Russborough House and ends at the car park in the Avon Ri complex. It is all signposted so you cant lose your way. Its 6km in length so about a 1.5 hour walk and it winds through farmland with lots of sheep (and cute lambs=), forests and also along the lake shore. Its a really beautiful walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And for anyone who wants a leisurely stroll in the nature instead of taking the bus then usefully the Blessington Greenway starts at Russborough House and ends at the car park in the Avon Ri complex. It is all signposted so you cant lose your way. Its 6km in length so about a 1.5 hour walk and it winds through farmland with lots of sheep (and cute lambs=), forests and also along the lake shore. Its a really beautiful walk.

Forgot that existed, must walk it some time

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mickey Monk

Surprised the family by hiring a campervan instead of the original plan to camp. Got the campervan parking ticket, happy days... Until my better half told me that she also logged on to Ticketmaster and bought a Camp By Your Car ticket the same day

So, I have a ticket for sale at face value should anyone have missed the 2nd round of ticket sales

Map for the festival is up now, and I'm a bit confused. Big note at bottom that there'll be no ATMs on site (cash back available at Londis stall) but on map there's a few 'AIB Tappy Hubs' which sound like ATMs

Also one of their new flyers names the 6 stages including one called Baddaboombox, which is nowhere on map, although there is now a Hurly Burly Cafe stage listed? The names suggest 2 completely different experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Patser wrote: »
    Map for the festival is up now, and I'm a bit confused. Big note at bottom that there'll be no ATMs on site (cash back available at Londis stall) but on map there's a few 'AIB Tappy Hubs' which sound like ATMs

Also one of their new flyers names the 6 stages including one called Baddaboombox, which is nowhere on map, although there is now a Hurly Burly Cafe stage listed? The names suggest 2 completely different experiences

This ^^^ reads like complaining for the sake of it. Are you going?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    This ^^^ reads like complaining for the sake of it. Are you going?

Yes, and not complaining, really looking forward to it. Just wondering if anyone whose been to other festivals knows what the AIB things might be if not ATMs

Yes, and not complaining, really looking forward to it. Just wondering if anyone whose been to other festivals knows what the AIB things might be if not ATMs

I've never been to a festival with an ATM. If in doubt, take enough cash to cover you for the weekend.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've never been to a festival with an ATM. If in doubt, take enough cash to cover you for the weekend.

Pretty standard for biggish festivals over the last couple of years actually

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Pretty standard for biggish festivals over the last couple of years actually

That's where I'm going wrong. I haven't been to a biggish festival since the mid-2000s.

Well someone asked....

abts47.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Early work on site

• Advertisement

Looking like a scorcher! Nice!
    Decent Weather will really help the weekend,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade a camping ticket to a car camping ticket on the day? Also I presume there won't be an issue going in on Saturday and setting up as we can't make it down Friday!

AdpRo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade a camping ticket to a car camping ticket on the day? Also I presume there won't be an issue going in on Saturday and setting up as we can't make it down Friday!

You have to buy car camping ticket extra to your weekend ticket, costs about €90

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

AdpRo wrote: »

A guy is selling one a few posts back. They are sold out on ticketmaster. Only reason we aren’t doing car camping is we want to be next to friends.

I was tempted by car camping when they released more this week, but just didn't think it would feel right to be camping surrounded by cars.

Also main campsite has been named Bumfuzzle, so any idea of changing spot went out window when I realised I'd have to tell a 6 year old they wouldn't be staying at Bumfuzzle

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

What are the thoughts on what the crowd will be like? Only families or people without kids also? Saw in the paper that it will shut down at midnight so just wondering if it will be very quiet.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

I was tempted by car camping when they released more this week, but just didn't think it would feel right to be camping surrounded by cars.

Also main campsite has been named Bumfuzzle, so any idea of changing spot went out window when I realised I'd have to tell a 6 year old they wouldn't be staying at Bumfuzzle

The clincher for us is not having to drag camping gear for four people across a field to a camp site. It also means we can leave stuff in the car and free up tent space. I'm curious how it will be laid out, cars will need to be able to exit at any point so lots of space in front and behind is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

What are the thoughts on what the crowd will be like? Only families or people without kids also? Saw in the paper that it will shut down at midnight so just wondering if it will be very quiet.. :)
    Itll be an Interesting one. I can't see the music lineup being strong enough to entice "just adults", the attraction for us is the activities for the kids in a festival environment so I'm presuming it will be mostly families

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Itll be an Interesting one. I can't see the music lineup being strong enough to entice "just adults", the attraction for us is the activities for the kids in a festival environment so I'm presuming it will be mostly families

Adult heading down on my own. Music Line up not very strong, but still enough to make it worth the 90 odd quid. Up and down each day so will play it by ear if worth going each day.

• Advertisement

any idea how many tickets have sold? did it die on its arse?
    they are still pushing the "very last" tickets, weeks later

cheers

Advertisement