Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

We are a couple with no kids heading for the weekend - bought tickets because of Tom Odell initially and thought there would be much more international music acts added - Heard Ian Dempsey promote it yesterday as the cream of Irish music and I couldnt help but think it was never sold as that!

We going for the experience of it and have everything sorted at this, gonna be so interesting to see what the weather is like and the crowds - they are really promoting the lights out thing so will be interesting to see how people respond to it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

any idea how many tickets have sold? did it die on its arse?
    they are still pushing the "very last" tickets, weeks later

cheers

Hopefully it will do well. Slane was allegedly selling poorly and they were also pushing ticket sales in the run up. It was almost a sellout.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Anyone received their campervan/caravan tix yet? they are cutting it a bit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

corm500 wrote: »
    Anyone received their campervan/caravan tix yet? they are cutting it a bit fine.

We ordered the latest release of the camp by car last week and received yesterday. Maybe contact ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭holygoaliefc

corm500 wrote: »

Just got it this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Any idea when bellx1 might be on stage on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Schedules being released today apparently - normally release details around 3 or 4 judging by previous annoucements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭ALS

Hi is this still for sale ? Interested but wonder will this be enforced ?

Please note for Car Camping passes the purchaser will be required to bring the original proof of purchase and supporting ID to site along with their pass. (This is to prevent touting of Car Camping passes).
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    And for anyone who wants a leisurely stroll in the nature instead of taking the bus then usefully the Blessington Greenway starts at Russborough House and ends at the car park in the Avon Ri complex. It is all signposted so you cant lose your way. Its 6km in length so about a 1.5 hour walk and it winds through farmland with lots of sheep (and cute lambs=), forests and also along the lake shore. Its a really beautiful walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thinking of bringing myself and girlfriend to this over the weekend. Is this festival viable to go to for a couple who will be drinking/partying? I'm aware that it's family orientated which I don't necessarily mind. Is there a curfew? etC.

Any help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Thinking of bringing myself and girlfriend to this over the weekend. Is this festival viable to go to for a couple who will be drinking/partying? I'm aware that it's family orientated which I don't necessarily mind. Is there a curfew? etC.

Any help is appreciated.

I think I remember reading that bands (main stage?) would finish at 10pm... and that they'd keep the campsites quiet at night. Not sure if there's other stuff on into the night though.

This was what I was remembering
    "As this is a family festival we do not expect it to appeal to a party-goers crowd who would be likely to be causing trouble in the campsites. We will also have security patrolling the campsites at all times, especially at night time after 10pm when the main stage acts are over. The security will be sure to keep noise levels to a minimum throughout the night. "
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110241463&postcount=553

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Any help is appreciated.

i've asked them a few questions.....
    they will be keeping things quiet in the campsites after 10pm
    but how strict that is remains to be seen, is talking and having a beer too loud? who knows

the main acts will be finished at 10 but they didnt say if everything finishes at ten, we are all in the dark really i think as its the first one,
    I think it will be a case of shifting your normal festival time plans,
    so instead of surfacing at noon and going to bed at 5am
    it will be a case of up at 7 or 8am and bed by midnight or whatever,
    we'll all be awakened by kids everywhere anyway no doubt

EDIT: you beat me to it Beecee! I forgot my own reply! lol

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thanks for the replies lads, very helpful. Still not too sure what to do but with the weather that's in it may very well go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

I wonder if they'll do a silent disco after 10 in one of the tents?

hi all

any recommendations on who to see on the undercard?
    the main line up is grim for my tastes, too sedate and boring
    i'll listen to any genre if its mildly interesting,

there is a spotify playlist but its very incomplete

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't know why anybody would bring adults to a kids festival. They would wreck your head all day with their moaning, opinions, drinking and get sick everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They would wreck your head all day with their moaning, opinions, drinking and get sick everywhere.
    And that's just my own, never mind "other peoples children"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

beecee wrote: »
    I think I remember reading that bands (main stage?) would finish at 10pm... and that they'd keep the campsites quiet at night. Not sure if there's other stuff on into the night though.

This was what I was remembering
    "As this is a family festival we do not expect it to appeal to a party-goers crowd who would be likely to be causing trouble in the campsites. We will also have security patrolling the campsites at all times, especially at night time after 10pm when the main stage acts are over. The security will be sure to keep noise levels to a minimum throughout the night. "
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110241463&postcount=553

Hoyt a response from them a few weeks back main stage finished at 10 some of the smaller stages finish at 12

hi all

any recommendations on who to see on the undercard?
    the main line up is grim for my tastes, too sedate and boring
    i'll listen to any genre if its mildly interesting,

there is a spotify playlist but its very incomplete

thanks

Here's a few I think worth checking out if don't know them
    Thumped (Not sedate), King Kong Company (Really good live), Thanks brother, somebody's child, montauk hotel (sedate but good tunes), RSAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

any idea how many tickets have sold? did it die on its arse?
    they are still pushing the "very last" tickets, weeks later

cheers

I saw ads on tv for it over the weekend which is unusual for festivals and there seems lots of promotion going on the radio too. Id say it will get a decent crowd of 15k or so but unlikely to sell out or anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

+1 for King Kong Company. They always rock out EP whenever they play. Plus they’re anything but boring.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

BaZmO* wrote: »
    +1 for King Kong Company. They always rock out EP whenever they play. Plus they’re anything but boring.

While not really going for the music, 2 of the few bands I wanted to see were KKC and BellX1....and typical them playing the same time on the same night!

LowOdour wrote: »
    While not really going for the music, 2 of the few bands I wanted to see were KKC and BellX1....and typical them playing the same time on the same night!

Major clash decision to be made on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

The Eskies are good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Also an explanation of the AIB Tappy thing - a preloaded wristband that you can tap to pay with around site - seems a great handy idea, no cash needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Just got it this morning

Got mine too

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    The Eskies are good!

Listened to them earlier definitely different and would say good crack live

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Stage times are out today,

endainoz wrote: »
    Stage times are out today,

Music at least were out yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

All stage and activity times in their app

KALEIDOSCOPE FESTIVAL by Festival Republic https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/kaleidoscope-festival/id1469560024

Advertisement