Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 KingBot

Thanks for the replies lads, very helpful. Still not too sure what to do but with the weather that's in it may very well go.

I't's a family festival man. Gonna be loads of kids running around. As a couple I would stay WELL away. Unless you like that noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

The bloody clashes are wrecking my head now that the schedule is out.
    I am so looking forward to this, planning at leaving around 10am need to be ready to go for 3pm for action on the main stage!
    Going baking there in a minute to have some handy snacks for the weekend.
    Anyone here bringing stuff? flapjacks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bit weird the way they're doing the stage times in that they are absolute clashes. Start and finish times are the exact same on each stage. Most festivals would have a bit of corssover so that you could catch the last half of one act.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Very strange - considering that there is half an hour between acts - surely someone should have said why dont we offset the acts so people can switch from one to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Very strange - considering that there is half an hour between acts - surely someone should have said why dont we offset the acts so people can switch from one to the other

I know 15K is not a lot of people but most likely all to do with crowd control and not have a large crowd with kids rushing to catch another act.
    Why take the risk..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bennyc wrote: »
    I know 15K is not a lot of people but most likely all to do with crowd control and not have a large crowd with kids rushing to catch another act.
    Why take the risk..
    That's what I was thinking. It get proper crushy when a big act finishes at EP and everybody rushes to the next stage. That said, that could still potentially happen everytime the two acts finish.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭aongo

corm500 wrote: »
    Got mine too

Anybody else still waiting on posted Family camping tickets to arrive - Ticketmaster cutting it fine or can they be picked up at a box office at the entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

My thoughts exactly when I saw the schedule. Bell x1 v king Kong Company and frank and walters v riptide movement. A bit of each would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Bit weird the way they're doing the stage times in that they are absolute clashes. Start and finish times are the exact same on each stage. Most festivals would have a bit of corssover so that you could catch the last half of one act.

That's a balls. They should've staggered the stage times to allow an overlap.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Is the " arena" going to be blocked off from the campsites or what?? its not very clear from the layout. Or am i missing something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

oLoonatic wrote: »
    Is the " arena" going to be blocked off from the campsites or what?? its not very clear from the layout. Or am i missing something

I'd take that map with a pinch of salt, its a cartoon drawing
    there will still be arena entrances with searches

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

I'd take that map with a pinch of salt, its a cartoon drawing
    there will still be arena entrances with searches

Wondering will they allow refillable water bottles in for the kids, Cant find any info on it. Other than whats allowed on the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

I read somewhere that
    they want you to bring your refillable bottles so you can fill up at the various water points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Starting to get excited now

Oops not that excited lol was trying to add pics of site. Won’t work for me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

danois wrote: »
    Oops not that excited lol was trying to add pics of site. Won’t work for me though!
    lol!

pics would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

Is the worlds biggest bouncy castle there. ? Promised the kids but haven’t heard much about it since it was first announced

tmabr wrote: »
    Is the worlds biggest bouncy castle there. ? Promised the kids but haven’t heard much about it since it was first announced

Didn’t see it in pics I have.

• Advertisement

😂

If I get more I’ll share them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

Ehmmm, is that the Tayto Park festival you're posting pics of - or has kaleidescape got a huge rollercoaster in to surprise us all

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Patser wrote: »
    Ehmmm, is that the Tayto Park festival you're posting pics of - or has kaleidescape got a huge rollercoaster in to surprise us all

Or a main stage .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

Fairly sure that's the Cu Chullainn roller coaster, and there is a festival this weekend in Tayto park too

Edit:

IMG

Ha to be honest it’s possible. Mate who sent them works at a few festivals. Did say was kaleidoscope. I’ll ask her now to be sure!

Anyone who know the area might be able to tell by the houses in this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

That looks like the back of Russborough alright.

Advertisement