Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah looks like the back of Russborough house.

Rollercoaster? That seems like a ridiculous investment for such a small festival if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yeah looks like the back of Russborough house.

Rollercoaster? That seems like a ridiculous investment for such a small festival if true.
    Read back, bit of temporary confusion occured! Cheers

Read back, bit of temporary confusion occured! Cheers

I did. Person didn’t confirm either way, but yeah obviously it’s Tayto Park. I’m tired.

stupid weather!! make up your mind!
    looks like a bloody washout weekend now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

stupid weather!! make up your mind!
    looks like a bloody washout weekend now!

in fairness, most non irish weather apps have been saying sat/sun rain for a few weeks. at least all day friday and sat morn are dry, hate pitching in the rain.

• Advertisement

Anywhere I've looked has it down as rain on Saturday morning and then to clear from 2 and nice before and after the rain.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Anywhere I've looked has it down as rain on Saturday morning and then to clear from 2 and nice before and after the rain.

met eireann had it as a scorcher fri and sat up until yesterday morn, pity as it will prob put a lot off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Can I just ask peoples interpretation of bringing alcohol into the camping area. It says you can only bring it in the first time you enter. Does this mean I'd have to bring it in with the tent etc. I'm envisioning at least 2 trips to the car to the tent area to get fully set up with everything but from reading I could only bring it in the first trip from the car. Is that correct? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can I just ask peoples interpretation of bringing alcohol into the camping area. It says you can only bring it in the first time you enter. Does this mean I'd have to bring it in with the tent etc. I'm envisioning at least 2 trips to the car to the tent area to get fully set up with everything but from reading I could only bring it in the first trip from the car. Is that correct? Thanks

Yes you are correct, once your wristband in scanned in the first time you won't be able to take cans after that. Go through first with your tent and booze. make friends with your camping neighbours, have a quick beer with them even offer some cans and then ask them to watch your tent till you come back with the second load.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yes you are correct, once your wristband in scanned in the first time you won't be able to take cans after that. Go through first with your tent and booze. make friends with your camping neighbours, have a quick beer with them even offer some cans and then ask them to watch your tent till you come back with the second load.

i didnt cop that, i better read the rules, assumed they were the same as EP,
    so to clarify, you have to bring all your booze in at the start,
    i can't have some extras in the car that i could collect later in the weekend?
    My brother in law has to leave for a few hours on saturday night and then come back, so he can't bring back some nice cold beers?

whats the logic there?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

i didnt cop that, i better read the rules, assumed they were the same as EP,
    so to clarify, you have to bring all your booze in at the start,
    i can't have some extras in the car that i could collect later in the weekend?
    My brother in law has to leave for a few hours on saturday night and then come back, so he can't bring back some nice cold beers?

whats the logic there?

thanks

Probably to stop people making repeated runs I to Blessington and having 100s of cans for possibly sale in site, or just getting hammered drunk. The limit to being in is 24 cans, which should be enough for a weekend considering I don't think you can bring them from campsite to festival area.

But yeah, warm weekend, cans sitting for a day or 2 doesn't make for a nice refreshing drink. Would be nice to zip out for some. So probably a big thing is profit - want a cold beer, go to our bar

ok i really should have read the T & Cs

we need ID for the kids?!
    i dont want to bring their passports,
    does anyone know, will a photo copy do?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Anyone any idea how you can buy a regular car park ticket or do you just pay on the day?

Not seeing any option on Ticketmaster and didn’t think to get one when buying the tickets in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

Patser wrote: »
    Probably to stop people making repeated runs I to Blessington and having 100s of cans for possibly sale in site, or just getting hammered drunk. The limit to being in is 24 cans, which should be enough for a weekend considering I don't think you can bring them from campsite to festival area.

But yeah, warm weekend, cans sitting for a day or 2 doesn't make for a nice refreshing drink. Would be nice to zip out for some. So probably a big thing is profit - want a cold beer, go to our bar

Where do you see limit on cans. I was looking and can’t find it on site. I’m probably blind. I assumed would be the same as all together now and be 48

Alcohol for Personal Consumption (not contained in glass bottles) -
    YES (limited to 48 cans per person)

From the info section on the app,
    Doesnt mention it on the site afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Good luck with this, folks. Would have liked to check it out but circumstances against me this weekend. Really hope it goes well and is part of the calendar next year. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Good luck with this, folks. Would have liked to check it out but circumstances against me this weekend. Really hope it goes well and is part of the calendar next year. Have a good one!

See you at EP stillill42

Cainer wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how you can buy a regular car park ticket or do you just pay on the day?

Not seeing any option on Ticketmaster and didn’t think to get one when buying the tickets in the first place.

I heard someone say you can go back and buy a baby ticket (free) and then add your parking ticket, they are stupid money if you pay on the day

Cainer wrote: »

ok i really should have read the T & Cs

we need ID for the kids?!
    i dont want to bring their passports,
    does anyone know, will a photo copy do?

cheers

If anyone else is interested
    I emailed them and they said a photo copy is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Have a great festival everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I am stuck in work so will be this evening before I make it down. Please help my day go fast by sharing loads of pics for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

Im heading up as "cast and crew" is there separate camping? Or is everyone in general? Any idea where if there is? ALSO parking. We have a load of gear to set up is there separate parking (and how close to camping is it?). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

otterboy wrote: »
    Im heading up as "cast and crew" is there separate camping? Or is everyone in general? Any idea where if there is? ALSO parking. We have a load of gear to set up is there separate parking (and how close to camping is it?). Thanks

If you are Cast/Crew surely you'd have a liason allocated so that you can direct questions like that to them...no?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

otterboy wrote: »

otterboy I've no doubt there will be a crew and staff area like any other festival and that usually comes with staff parking too, there's a reason why they keep these areas separate from the festival punter areas. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

No searches at all, so unless ur dodgy looking ull b grand drink wise

No searches at all, so unless ur dodgy looking ull b grand drink wise
    cheers!

whats the trekking like?
    far from car apark to camp?
    far from camp to arena?

trying to decide what to bring

thanks

cheers!

whats the trekking like?
    far from car apark to camp?
    far from camp to arena?

trying to decide what to bring

thanks
    5mins from carpark to camp in fact i can see our car where we pitched. Loads food, Londis has ice bags etc. Plenty of space for everyone. Get the tapoy and u get a ice cream a day for 1cent

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

I’m a local. We don’t want the festival here. Can hear it from the house now, complete rubbish, praying for rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Adrift wrote: »
    I’m a local. We don’t want the festival here. Can hear it from the house now, complete rubbish, praying for rain.

I'm local. Sitting out in my back garden with a glass of wine listening to it. Most locals I know are either there or are going tomorrow. Brings a lot of money into the town and that can only be a good thing. As my dear old mother would say, give over your moaning and snap out of it.
    Of course you might be the other side of it, life is always a bit more eh, half glass empty in ballymore.
    Ooooh, it's just gone quiet. You must be delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

No I’m in Blessington.

Yeah a three day festival is going to make the town financially viable for another year.

“Most locals I know are either there or are going tomorrow.”

My dad used to say Most locals are morons. He was dead right.

Advertisement