Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I agree, the bands need to be poppy or at least have a high energy about them to get the crowd going. It's like DJing at a wedding, it's such a mixed bag that you have to go with the singalong songs to cater for everyone.

KKC were top of my list to see and they didn’t disappoint. They definitely got the idea of what was required. Probably the best crowd of the weekend. Unfortunately we had to leave earlier than I wanted because the 2 year old wouldn’t wear his ear defenders and the sound was pretty banging. The 6 year old loved it though. We walked over to Bell X1 then but I thought they were pretty boring, I like a lot of their songs but they just don’t seem to be able to hold a crowd. They were the same a couple of years ago at EP.

Siights on the Friday were very good, nice poppy up-tempo music. Wasn’t a huge crowd though. Caught the end of Frank and Walters and the atmosphere was great. Finished off with some great singalong songs. Only caught the first half of Imelda May, good crowd and she was playing some fairly chilled/downtempo stuff which I liked because we were just chilling out on a picnic blanket eating ice cream.
    Caught the end of Wild Youth on Sunday and I thought they hit exactly the right note. Lots of energy and a big enough crowd. The place pretty much cleared out after that. Tom Odell must’ve played to about 12 people though. God knows how many people Kormac played to in the Zozimus tent as the act before him were playing to about 5 people as we walked by on the way to Wild Youth.

I heard bits and pieces of other acts over the weekend but probably not enough to comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Wild Youth were the only band to get the crowd going at the Main Stage. They had a good energy to them. Most of the adults were aged between 30 to 55 so it would have been a perfect venue for a few older acts. Maybe something like UB40, Happy Mondays, Madness, something to lift the spirits. I know a lot of these played elsewhere this year, but something along those lines would have worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭DSN

We were 4 families with 10 kids from 3 to 13.
    Very chilled, great setting & layout. We got there earlyish & our tent was not too far from the car park which was great.
    Gaps between bands was too long as kids get bored you had to move off somewhere else.
    Line up could have been bit more poppy & upbeat. (KKC, La Galaxie great but more of that on the main stage would be great to get crowd going). Bellx1 boring enough til the end. Imelda May ok start but when she started bring the whole family on stage (cringe!). Maybe as others said they do not want to attract a teen / young boozy crowd though & its a fine line.
    I have to agree what was going on with the pizza?! All kids love pizza & is a handy one to eat on the go but was so slow we couldnt wait for it. I'd say for a family festival forget about the artisan posh pizza & bang out pre-cooked slices & kids be happy! While the family tickets themselves cheap I dread to think what we spent on top with food n the carnival - it's not a cheap weekend (like most festivals to be fair tho if you bring kids they tend to be a money pit!)
    We had a great time though, kids had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Just up there this morning, you'd hardly know it had been on. The families obviously know how to clean up after themselves. Email this morning promising all sorts. Next year in the pipeline already it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flintstones90

Has anyone had a response about car camping ticket refunds yet? I can’t get them to answer me anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 suemcdik

I got a facebook message reply. They wanted my email I used for booking, booking reference of the car camping ticket and phone number. They said someone from their team would be in touch in the coming days. Haven't heard anything more apart from that

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

I got the same message. No one contacted me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

I recieved a call from a very disheartened Alan / Adam. It looks like they are trying to avoid giving anyone a refund and Ticketmaster want nothing to do with it, they are just telling customers to get in touch with info @ kaleidoscope dot ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

When I spoke to a member of Kaleidoscope team yesterday, was told we would get an update over the next week about what is happening.As well as car camping issue, I was asked for general feedback.

I have a hunch they we might be offered the option of free family ticket for next year.

It would save them having to refund cash, and they can factor "losses" into next year's budget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭danois

I noticed a lot of people at the bars using their own stainless steel pint glasses. Were they for sale somewhere that I missed? Any suggestions on best place to find them. I hate the plastic glasses at festivals. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Thegogetter

I got a call from them asking for feed back and was told that I would hear from them again when a decision was made on the refunds. I presumed that it would be a given that we would get our money back since we paid for somthing that we didn't get!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

danois wrote: »
    I noticed a lot of people at the bars using their own stainless steel pint glasses. Were they for sale somewhere that I missed? Any suggestions on best place to find them. I hate the plastic glasses at festivals. Thanks
    Other festivals, who provide their customers with decent beer options, have them for sale.

For example, at Vantastival O'Hara's were selling their stainless steel ones (along with virtually their full range of beers, and a vantastival special).

I ended up getting a call and was told the same thing about hearing from them again this week, still haven’t heard anything about it. I’m kind of getting annoyed now getting arsed around.

Yeah, I'm getting annoyed about it too. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be more people giving out about it. I just want to be told that I'll be getting my money back.

Yeah, I'm getting annoyed about it too. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be more people giving out about it. I just want to be told that I'll be getting my money back.

I actually emailed them again this morning and they got back saying still that they’ll be in touch in a few days. I’m surprised too to be honest, I thought there would be more people at this point asking about it

I emailed them a few days ago and didn't get a reply. I've emailed them again this morning. I actaually thought that after the event it would hav been all over the Joe Duffy show. People seemed really annoyed about it at the time and packing up on the Monday the guards had to be called as some people got very frustrated about it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

I emailed them a few days ago and didn't get a reply. I've emailed them again this morning. I actaually thought that after the event it would hav been all over the Joe Duffy show. People seemed really annoyed about it at the time and packing up on the Monday the guards had to be called as some people got very frustrated about it all.

It's definitely leaving a sour taste in what was generally a decent weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It's sounding like they're stringing everyone along because either they don't have the cashflow to pay people back, or they're hoping a significant number of people will get fed up and stop trying, or both.

Well I won't be giving up until I get a refund!

Got offered a voucher against a ticket next year. They rang this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

That's not good enough!

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

That's not good enough!

True that. Let me know how you get on. Going to email them tonight .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Some very determined people here! How much money are we talking exactly? Even if it's small I'd say keep going for it, the ticketmaster cartell is a disgrace in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

That's not good enough!

It's really not. You paid for a service. Service was not supplied. Refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

It's kinda what I predicted. Is the voucher for the full amount owed?

LowOdour wrote:
    It's kinda what I predicted. Is the voucher for the full amount owed?

To be honest I was busy at the time and didn't really get into it. Im going to email them tonight to see whats what

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its more the principle than the money. I bet they get away with lots of people not asking for refunds so to refuse those who do is being ultra tight imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

endainoz wrote: »
    Some very determined people here! How much money are we talking exactly? Even if it's small I'd say keep going for it, the ticketmaster cartell is a disgrace in this country.

It was close to €100 extra, and only cancelled at last second - tbf not by organisers but a fire marshals decision - so well entitled to a refund. I'd say issue may be how to refund something that was an extra on a ticket, sold via Ticketmaster but even that seems not much of an issue seeing as the organisers are well experienced, so should know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Patser wrote:
    It was close to €100 extra, and only cancelled at last second - tbf not by organisers but a fire marshals decision - so well entitled to a refund. I'd say issue may be how to refund something that was an extra on a ticket, sold via Ticketmaster but even that seems not much of an issue seeing as the organisers are well experienced, so should know what to do.

Absolutely worth it so, best of luck with hope you all get refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt know it was €100 extra, had thought it was €15 or €20. Would be definitely seeking a full cash refund which you're entitled to. Small claims court otherwise if the chancers wont cough up.

Advertisement