Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Better call Saul ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Anyone else get a refund or offer of something else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suemcdik

Got a call there now, refund to the value of the car camping and postage against next years event.......they couldn't tell me if the ticket prices were going to be increased for next year thou.......it was €155 originally for the family ticket.......if its going to be €300-400 if they go up to the original ticket prices when they first released this year i 100% wont be taking the voucher. Like the voucher refund off €155 isn't bad but if they're trying to guarantee another couple of €€€'s in ticket sales costs they can feck off. The girl who called me today is getting her boss to call me before the end of the week. This is just their first offer to see who will accept it she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Insist on a cash refund, as you said prices will likely go up so the cash is better in your hand now than being set against a ticket a year from now and who knows you might have a wedding on that weekend and cant go. They're basically seeking a €100 1 year interest free loan out of people instead of just stumping up and refunding for a service that was charged but not provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flintstones90

suemcdik wrote: »
    Got a call there now, refund to the value of the car camping and postage against next years event.......they couldn't tell me if the ticket prices were going to be increased for next year thou.......it was €155 originally for the family ticket.......if its going to be €300-400 if they go up to the original ticket prices when they first released this year i 100% wont be taking the voucher. Like the voucher refund off €155 isn't bad but if they're trying to guarantee another couple of €€€'s in ticket sales costs they can feck off. The girl who called me today is getting her boss to call me before the end of the week. This is just their first offer to see who will accept it she said.

Was just offered the same....details passed to her boss for another call during the week, I don’t even care at this point if I don’t get postage back but would definitely hate to get those vouchers and have ticket prices go up, we only went because we got the early bird tickets.....and even then spent a fortune up there! I wouldn’t pay more than the €150 for tickets next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Thegogetter

I contacted the consumer protection commission. They told me that because I purchased my ticket from ticketmaster then its ticketmaster who my contract is with so ticketmaster are the ones who owe me my refund. When I contacted ticketmaster looking for a refund, they told me its Kaleidoscope who I need to contact. |Anyone mange to get a refund yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It sounds like a bunch of you might need to contact a journalist instead. They're clearly intentionally trying to make it difficult for you to get your money back in the hopes you'll give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

You Should target their social media page. They sell by word of mouth and bad publicity is the only way to get forced replies from them. It's really poor form from both to be honest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭leitrim4life

www.surveymonkey.com/r/RFX25QJ

Survey to give your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

www.surveymonkey.com/r/RFX25QJ

Survey to give your feedback

curious, im not a techy type,
    would it be possible for them to boost the network signals next year,
    can they bang up a booster mast or something

I had a moan on the survey about it, im not a stuck to my phone type
    but relied on the app to organise my weekend and it didnt happen
    the signs were non existant so i missed lots that i might have had a look at,
    i'd have given my daughter a bit more freedom if i was confident we could
    message each other, calls were too unreliable also

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

curious, im not a techy type,
    would it be possible for them to boost the network signals next year,
    can they bang up a booster mast or something

I had a moan on the survey about it, im not a stuck to my phone type
    but relied on the app to organise my weekend and it didnt happen
    the signs were non existant so i missed lots that i might have had a look at,
    i'd have given my daughter a bit more freedom if i was confident we could
    message each other, calls were too unreliable also

cheers

Have to say the best part of the festival was that there was no mobile phone coverage, just looking around the playground at the parents all enjoying time with their kids and not stuck into their phones as you see at most other events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

tmabr wrote: »
    Have to say the best part of the festival was that there was no mobile phone coverage, just looking around the playground at the parents all enjoying time with their kids and not stuck into their phones as you see at most other events.

I think eir network was down generally that weekend, not just at the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

yes probably, i was one of the last to leave on monday morning and no bother getting reception. Masts probably unable to meet the demand over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Has anyone heard anything else back from them? radio silence since we refused the voucher and asked for cash

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flintstones90

Hero777 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything else back from them? radio silence since we refused the voucher and asked for cash

I actually got a cheque in the post today! I have to say, I actually found them grand to deal with, they always got back when they said they would. Try give them a ring, id say they’re dealing with a good few people could just be human error you didn’t hear back yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 suemcdik

Hero777 wrote: »

Yeah I haven't heard anything yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

I received my cheque yesterday. I'd advise anyone to send them on your information by email and request one. Thats what i did. I got an email back saying " oh i tried contact you yesterday..... we'll send out a cheque"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Thegogetter

I got my cheque yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Did anyone get refunded the whole amount, or just the cost of tickets (94.15) and not the booking fee(total cost 111.65)?
    Really bloody annoyed I got short changed, but won't be letting this lie

LowOdour wrote: »
    Did anyone get refunded the whole amount, or just the cost of tickets (94.15) and not the booking fee(total cost 111.65)?

The amount refunded is all the festival was responsible for. The rest lies with ticketmaster as they were the handling charges. I contacted them at the start and they maintained that the tickets weren't cancelled it was a "production change" and wouldn't issue refunds. I presume it will be the same for booking charge.

I will not be returning next year. It left a sour taste in my mouth after an only average weekend.

• Advertisement

oLoonatic wrote: »

The amount refunded is all the festival was responsible for. The rest lies with ticketmaster as they were the handling charges. I contacted them at the start and they maintained that the tickets weren't cancelled it was a "production change" and wouldn't issue refunds. I presume it will be the same for booking charge.

I will not be returning next year. It left a sour taste in my mouth after an only average weekend.
    I eventually got the booking fee off them as well, after much badgering. Next theing is to make sure the cheques clear! As you say, all leaves a sour taste in the mouth

oLoonatic wrote: »

I eventually got the booking fee off them as well, after much badgering. Next theing is to make sure the cheques clear! As you say, all leaves a sour taste in the mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

So is there an area where u can camp beside your car ?

So is there an area where u can camp beside your car ?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Tickets on sale 27th September. Does anybody have an early bird 'fan verified' code they don't intend to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Same! I bought tickets on toutless this year so don't have the code myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Patser

Just checked registry there, and they say the fan verified code will be emailed on 26th, say day before presale goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Will parking by your car be banned this year? Any idea how far of a walk it is from car park to campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

gandalfio wrote: »
    Will parking by your car be banned this year? Any idea how far of a walk it is from car park to campsite?
    Dunno about this year, but last year we headed Saturday afternoon and were towards the back of the car park. It was less than ten minutes even with small kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Some people could see their cars from their tents. We were a 5 minute walk, as we arrived after mid day. It was fantastic lugging the gear with the kids, I am used to trekking miles.

Advertisement