Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I think it might be best to re-merge this thread with the EP now that it has been confirmed as part of EP.

endainoz wrote: »
    That's to do with the EP thread, not this new festival which is totally separate.

He said that this development was the new festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

corm500 wrote: »
    The way Melvin described it when I asked him was that Freetown is a whole new town within the festival in the area that used to be the Oscar Wilde campsite. It will be anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8000 capacity stage for electronica and dance. There will also be Providencia which will be Latino based and Spike Island a swamphut jumping with seisuins and slip jigs. It will also include The Oasis and Cirque. The people that were behind Salty Dog, Berlinhaus and Trailer Park are the developers.

I getcha but just doesn't seem to match the press release in your original post of a completely new festival. Was/is there any talk of a new festival at the launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I think it might be best to re-merge this thread with the EP now that it has been confirmed as part of EP.

It hasn't been confirmed though

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

...so has Wilde just gone or is a new campsite being set up? Or have the other sites been expanded?

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    I getcha but just doesn't seem to match the press release in your original post of a completely new festival. Was/is there any talk of a new festival at the launch?

I think the original press release was a little bit on the over-creative side. As with most press releases it turned out to be less than what was anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

corm500 wrote:
    He said that this development was the new festival.

I'm gonna call bull on that one, new domain registration would be a good argument

I think the original press release was a little bit on the over-creative side. As with most press releases it turned out to be less than what was anticipated.

Not so much less has completely different. If that's what it is it's a fairly big let-down. If it was only going to be something at EP then only someone with a ticket could experience it. Below definitely sounded like a completely new festival in a new location. I really don't see how this could be it, unless someone completely dropped the ball with the press release.

''With Electric Picnic now fully sold out he will also announce initial details of a brand new festival taking place this summer. The stunning location of this new festival – brought to you by the Electric Picnic family - has never before been used and will provide the perfect backdrop to a new event on the summer festival calendar."

It hasn't been confirmed though

I asked Melvin Benn face to face about the new festival mentioned in the original press release. He said the new festival was Freetown. I would take it as confirmation as he is the head honcho TBH but then who knows? maybe there was to be an announcement and it was pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm gonna call bull on that one, new domain registration would be a good argument

... and the cache of the estate website with details of the festival!

• Advertisement

... and the cache of the estate website with details of the festival!

Oh please do tell, so corm can tell us were wrong

Oh please do tell, so corm can tell us were wrong

Someone posted it earlier in this thread I think - https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uQEEP6vOX6wJ:www.russborough.ie/whats-on+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

28th June

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not so much less has completely different. If that's what it is it's a fairly big let-down. If it was only going to be something at EP then only someone with a ticket could experience it. Below definitely sounded like a completely new festival in a new location. I really don't see how this could be it, unless someone completely dropped the ball with the press release.

''With Electric Picnic now fully sold out he will also announce initial details of a brand new festival taking place this summer. The stunning location of this new festival – brought to you by the Electric Picnic family - has never before been used and will provide the perfect backdrop to a new event on the summer festival calendar."

Looking back on the original wording of the press release I'm inclined to agree with you.
    It definitely appears like a new festival. I take it they didn't have clearance to announce it today. Wish i'd pushed him on it now.

Kinda goes against the imaginary conversation with Melvin Benn alright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Oooh salty! meow

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

I asked Melvin Benn face to face about the new festival mentioned in the original press release. He said the new festival was Freetown. I would take it as confirmation as he is the head honcho TBH but then who knows? maybe there was to be an announcement and it was pulled.

Maybe Mr Benn doesn't trust u with a secret.

Kinda goes against the imaginary conversation with Melvin Benn alright

Bizarre statement. I'm a journalist you goon. It's my job to talk to people. I wasn't there for the free Heineken speaker.

Looking back on the original wording of the press release I'm inclined to agree with you.
    It definitely appears like a new festival. I take it they didn't have clearance to announce it today. Wish i'd pushed him on it now.

Might be announcing it later today to let the EP line-up get coverage first. Guess it's all the one when it's sold out but guess it's effectively free adverting for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

What an anticlimax. Need something good after the dross that EP announced. Anyone recommend any foreign festivals from experiences?

Must have been a change of plan... or maybe they’ll announce it later in the day? Strange one either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Bizarre statement. I'm a journalist you goon. It's my job to talk to people. I wasn't there for the free Heineken speaker.

did you find out anything that wasn't on the press release?

corm500 wrote:

You wrecked my boat you goons!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Probably pulled it as the EP announcement is big enough. Might be waiting on planning or something to come in before they can make it official.

The original press release would have you believe it is something separate to EP alright

did you find out anything that wasn't on the press release?

He hates Brexit
    He thought his plane was going to crash this morning.
    He thinks EP is one of the top six festivals in the world.
    He has no worries about ATN or any other new festivals impacting on EP.
    There will be a further release of tickets through 3 Ireland closer to the date.
    Apart from that he stuck to the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'm a journalist you goon.

HA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

everyone's a journalist these days though sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm hugely confused Ted.

So this guy is a journalist but he came away from this press conference not knowing whether it was about a new area at EP or a whole new festival?

D.Q wrote:
    I'm a journalist you goon.

That was me told

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm a journalist, you goon.

HA

FTFY

Standards have really slipped in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

back on topic

Advertisement