Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

everyone's a journalist these days though sure

I'm a journalist and so is my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

i am confused...so there is no new festival in the wicklow hills or where ever this stunning location was meant to be. Its the new area freetown is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Rfrip wrote: »
    i am confused...so there is no new festival in the wicklow hills or where ever this stunning location was meant to be. Its the new area freetown is it?

Either that, or they still have to announce this new festival and they just got ahead of themselves including in the last presser.

It seems that nobody actually asked Melvin Benn or the PR - or if they did, Benn and/or the PR asked the usual publications not to include it in print/online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Either that, or they still have to announce this new festival and they just got ahead of themselves including in the last presser.

It seems that nobody actually asked Melvin Benn or the PR - or if they did, Benn and/or the PR asked the usual publications not to include it in print/online!

I saw that there's a launch party tonight with Jerry fish, perhaps it announces later?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Excellent entertainment, lads. This thread should be a new area in Stradbally. I'd go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I saw that there's a launch party tonight with Jerry fish, perhaps it announces later?

Think this is most likely situation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seems to have been dozens of people from tv/radio/newspapers down there today and f-uck all of them have actually found out anything that EP didn't put on their website. they would have been better staying in the office (LOL, joke, we all know they're basically there for some free food and a bit of networking)

most "journalism" these days is just glorified regurgitating of press releases anyway, often with articles pre-written and given directly to different outlets with a few words changed here and there and published as if they wrote it themselves

eg:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/1119/1011931-capital-docks-development/
    The city campus development spans 4.8 acres and features over 690,000 square feet of new mixed-use space, including offices, retail and multi-family units.

The Kennedy Wilson development also features more than 1.5 acres of public park space.

About 1,300 construction workers were based onsite during the building of the project, with the development expected to support hundreds of permanent jobs when fully complete.

Over 200,000 tons of concrete, 15,000 tons of steel and 7,500 panes of glass were used during construction of the project.

US bank JP Morgan and jobs website Indeed have already committed to occupy all of the available office space, and are preparing their new offices for occupancy in 2019.

"We are so proud of what the team has accomplished here in Dublin at Capital Dock with what's been our largest scale development to date, and to deliver high-quality residences within such a vibrant market," commented William McMorrow, chairman and CEO of Kennedy Wilson.

"When we began conceptualising Capital Dock years ago, we envisioned creating a new heart for the Docklands that brought people together in modern work spaces and beautiful outdoor areas, while raising the bar for residential rentals," he said.

"To see the area come to life and our vision come to fruition is incredibly satisfying and reinforces the exciting future of the Docklands and the greater Dublin market," Mr McMorrow added.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/kennedy-wilson-announces-completion-of-capital-dock-1.3703076
    The city campus spans 4.8 acres, providing more than 690,000sq ft of new mixed-use space, including offices, retail and family units, as well as more than 1.5 acres of public park space.

About 1,300 construction workers were based on site during the build, with the development expected to support hundreds of permanent jobs when fully complete.

More than 200,000 tons of concrete, 15,000 tons of steel and 7,500 panes of glass were used during construction.

Global investment bank JP Morgan and jobs site Indeed have committed to occupy all of the available office space, and are preparing their new premises for occupancy in 2019.

“We are so proud of what the team has accomplished here in Dublin at Capital Dock with what’s been our largest-scale development to date, and to deliver high-quality residences within such a vibrant market,” said Kennedy Wilson chief executive William McMorrow.

“When we began conceptualising Capital Dock years ago, we envisioned creating a new heart for the docklands that brought people together in modern work spaces and beautiful outdoor areas, while raising the bar for residential rentals.

“To see the area come to life and our vision come to fruition is incredibly satisfying and reinforces the exciting future of the docklands.”

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm hugely confused Ted.

So this guy is a journalist but he came away from this press conference not knowing whether it was about a new area at EP or a whole new festival?

As did all of the other journalists as far as I know. I’m sure if you were there you would have cut straight to through the bull and got the correct answers. It’s a pity that this thread, which is for the sharing of garnered information has become a whingefest for frustrated keyboard warriors trying to pick apart people’s contributions. I was just trying to help, in future I will keep the news where it belongs.

corm500 wrote: »
    As did all of the other journalists as far as I know. I’m sure if you were there you would have cut straight to through the bull and got the correct answers. It’s a pity that this thread, which is for the sharing of garnered information has become a whingefest for frustrated keyboard warriors trying to pick apart people’s contributions. I was just trying to help, in future I will keep the news where it belongs.

You did help .. don't mind the piss taking.

Edit: If you weren't there for the free Heineken speaker.. can I have yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

corm500 wrote:

On Joe.ie?

• Advertisement

You did help .. don't mind the piss taking.

Edit: If you weren't there for the free Heineken speaker.. can I have yours?

Haha, I cant help it I’m very thin skinned. That’s why I don’t do Twitter.
    The speaker doesn’t look great tbh, did get a €20 voucher for just eat too so all is not lost.

Haha, I cant help it I’m very thin skinned. That’s why I don’t do Twitter.
    The speaker doesn’t look great tbh, did get a €20 voucher for just eat too so all is not lost.

I haven't had lunch yet ... If only i could just eat.

corm500 wrote:
    Haha, I cant help it I’m very thin skinned. That’s why I don’t do Twitter. The speaker doesn’t look great tbh, did get a €20 voucher for just eat too so all is not lost.

Indeed, I hope you werent too insulted from me either. I'll admit I didn't believe you, but massive facepalm on my part you are at the start of the thread telling about the invite to the party so I do apologise!

endainoz wrote: »
    Indeed, I hope you werent too insulted from me either. I'll admit I didn't believe you, but massive facepalm on my part you are at the start of the thread telling about the invite to the party so I do apologise!

Cheers for that endainoz. It’s very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

Cheers for that endainoz. It’s very much appreciated.

aww, you guys! ;)

aww, you guys!

Hey we're all friends here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

New location i.e. directly on top of Oscar Wilde! :P

Mr.S wrote: »
    That doesn’t make sense at all (re what Melvin said to you) - the initial release specifically mentions a new festival in a new location. There’s sugar coating and exaggerating, which is a given in PR, and then there’s a lie.

Sounds like something is delaying the announcement?

Bit odd either way.

Having looked back at the original press release I agree. I would say Russborough is the location too. It looks like everything was put into place for an announcement and it got pulled at the last minute. Just my opinion though.

Maybe waiting til next week to announce then? If it is the one on 28th June not exactly huge notice

Saw a sign for this fest on camden St. Today is the day I guess.

• Advertisement

The sign looks super family friendly.

It's being sold as a family festival. If someone could take a photo to upload? I didn't get a chance as my bus was too fast.

I think this is more like a competitior to Groove festival which isn't on this year. That kinda vibe

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The sign looks super family friendly.

It's being sold as a family festival. If someone could take a photo to upload? I didn't get a chance as my bus was too fast.

I think this is more like a competitior to Groove festival which isn't on this year. That kinda vibe

I was actually thinking that the other day too

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nialler73

Any indication of date or venue?

Was it same dates and location that was posted here before?

Pic attached

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The site has gone live: https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie/

Not much info on it yet

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was it same dates and location that was posted here before?

28th-30th Blessington

Irelands first family friendly music and arts camping festival.

28th-30th Blessington

Irelands first family friendly music and arts camping festival.

Here is image

Nice. Wonder when they will announce?

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Nice. Wonder when they will announce?

Bodger and badger with Bosco in support?

Advertisement