Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Here is image

Shocking picture, Rico. Don't give up the day job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Shocking picture, Rico. Don't give up the day job.

I've got moving bus syndrome. It's hereditary. Family can't take photos well either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

maximoose wrote: »
    The site has gone live: https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie/

Not much info on it yet

Whats the password? :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So the weekend after Body&Soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

That whole "never been used before location" stuff was a fairly big spoof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Here is image

That has the smug bang of Happy Pear all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I guess the TBC festival isn't TBC anymore.

Not a huge fan of the name kaleidoscope fest though I guess Irish festival names aren't amazing in general.

Trying to think of an irish fest that sounds cool..... Electric Picnic, Castlepalooza, Knockanstocken.

All together now and Body & Soul are pretty naff sounding.

Any personal favs over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Lisdoonvarna!!! I still think Feile is a cool name

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

maximoose wrote: »
    The site has gone live: https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie/

Not much info on it yet

Password protected. Locked down Instagram page. It's all very hush hush so far...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Penfailed wrote: »
    Password protected. Locked down Instagram page. It's all very hush hush so far...

Was up yesterday, well the main page was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Irelands first family friendly music and arts camping festival.

I thought all the festivals e.g. atn and ep were family friendly, so I wonder what they mean by this? Is it going to be the first family centered festival, or are they just spoofing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I thought all the festivals e.g. atn and ep were family friendly, so I wonder what they mean by this? Is it going to be the first family centered festival, or are they just spoofing?

Given every single thing in their original teaser was a spoof, I'd imagine that is too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Mr.S wrote: »
    The website was cached before they protected it:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie

Not much info to be fair.

Great spot, it's confirmation Festival Republic are involved in Kaleidoscope Festival though.

There are running Community festival in London the same weekend. Lineup is below, can't imagine much crossover with a 'family' based festival but we shall see.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyJ8Uu7XgAADDmH?format=jpg&name=large

So more like a Camp Bestival than a Bestival style.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I’d be shocked if it’s anything other than a load of Irish acts and maybe one well known “heritage “ act.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've got kids, beyond me why anyone thinks there a fun thing to bring to a festival. Might suit day trippers from Dublin and Wicklow but besides that they'd want to be free Mitsubishis with every ticket and they take the kids off you on the way in for 72hrs.

Flaming lips will headlines and if it's not the flaming lips with the yoshi robots it'll be them instead.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I’d be shocked if it’s anything other than a load of Irish acts and maybe one well known “heritage “ act.

The fact its being run by Festival Republic id say we will get decent enough headline acts. Id say Tom Jones will be one

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paddy2012

BaZmO* wrote: »

This is on Glastonbury weekend isn't it? Surely they must be able get a few of their acts to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    This is on Glastonbury weekend isn't it? Surely they must be able get a few of their acts to play.

Kylie?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

LGBTQ Festival by the looks of it...only a few weeks after Beatyard.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

First??

Groove has always been family centered and this looks like something very similar judging by the lingo being used

Also, groove had some excellent bands play and not just Irish bands and a heritage act. Over the few years it's had James, David Gray, Neville staple, Paloma faith, Christy Moore, UB40, fun loving criminals, primal scream, darkness, Paul Heaton etc....

Mr.S wrote: »
    The guys behind Mother have announced a festival with MCD taking place in Dublin, in August - that must be the thing in Dun Laoghaire?

https://www.lovesensation.ie/

MCD are busy this summer.

I thought DL was June with Madness?

Eod100 wrote: »
    I thought DL was June with Madness?

Are you sure that's not DHL, I'm expecting absinthe delivered around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

There's a weekend festival in Palmerston house near Naas in July,all Heritage acts. https://foreveryoungfestival.ie/

Seems odd there's been no official announcement on this yet especially if they were advertising it already with that huge banner. Just over 3 months to go so would imagine it will be launched pretty soon. Otherwise seems a fairly tight lead-in to sell tickets for a new festival. Granted capacity might not be huge but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

declanleo wrote: »
    There's a weekend festival in Palmerston house near Naas in July,all Heritage acts. https://foreveryoungfestival.ie/

first i've heard about this festival - defo interested some decent acts there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Here we go folks - https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie/
    INTRODUCING KALEIDOSCOPE

MUSIC & ARTS CAMPING FESTIVAL FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS

There has been much speculation about our brand new festival. We are delighted to introduce to you KALEIDOSCOPE - a tantalising new three day camping festival for family and friends. The stunning Russborough House, Blessington will play host to its first EVER festival from Friday 28th to Sunday 30th June 2019.

Inspired by Electric Picnic, KALEIDOSCOPE will harness the magic of the Little Picnic's entertainment and family campsites and transport it to this brand new venue. Like the Picnic, this is a festival you will want to return to year after year. Expect a host of the best music acts and DJs, in addition to programming for babes in arms to teens as well as the grown-ups.

Kaleidoscope will have a loyalty ticket scheme that will reward you with special prices if you have attended Electric Picnic in the past.

Full details of music line-up, entertainment and activities coming soon - make sure to follow us on Instagram, FaceBook and Twitter for the latest updates!

Subject to licence.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

reminds me of the "boutique" elements of the first picnics.....

So basically what was speculated here, parts of EP meant for kids transported to this but on larger scale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I am genuinely unsure if the poster is one of those parody ones or not. Its basically a list of things you might get at a festival.

Scrumdiddlyumtious Festival of Food?
    Group Activities?

Its gotta be a parody.

Advertisement