Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scotland Vs. Wales, Virgin Media and BBC One @ 14:15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The one or two steps Laidlaw takes is killing them as is the little pump for the pass but at least he's trying to play with a quicker tempo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Right, lads. New gameplan is give the ball to Hamish at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Love watching Scotland when they click.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

This is an awful match to watch

That is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Wales keep giving penalties away Ref seems ok with it

Watson has done more in 2 carries than Strauss and Bradbury have all tournament for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bizarre interpretation of tackler having to release here. Scottish carriers repeatedly getting knee down and tackler allowed hang on and try to rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Laidlaw looks exhausted after just coming on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

That is incorrect.

in fairness it WAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Come on Scotland! The championship isn't over yet!

• Advertisement

Must be a yellow coming for Wales, their penalty count has been significantly higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ref has no interest in yellow cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Couple of points....

I hate the way refs are allowing maul defenders to loiter and effect after they've slipped up the side.

Swimming like that used to be penalised heavily but this season in particular refs seem to have stopped caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

That maul defence was so illegal it's comical

I think if Parkes makes one more tackle he'll fall apart.

This after all is the premier Northern Hemisphere tournament thats my point its riddled with mistakes

wonderful defense by Wales again. dreadful kicking by Wales again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Scotland are simply wasting too many opportunities. Wales don’t deserve to win this, but hard to say that Scotland do either. Wales have done next to nothing in this half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Tremendous defence from Wales. But that clearance was a howler.

• Advertisement

This after all is the premier Northern Hemisphere tournament thats my point its riddled with mistakes

i agree it's not pretty to watch, but compelling nevertheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

I've been enjoying the game. Not perfect but interesting none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭joseywhales

That tackle was ridiculous, he could have had the ball!

That was very clever from Anscombe. Purposefully didn't reach for the ball to draw the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Zero rugby intelligence from Scorland.

They'd also be leading this game if they had gone for 3 a few times and nit trying to get trys they don't have the skill to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Price must have some money on Wales.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I mean its not a classic but its not an awful game either.

Why go outside there!? Dumb error number 2 from Price.

this really is a game of who is going to make the least amount of errors

Zero rugby intelligence from Scorland.

They'd also be leading this game if they had gone for 3 a few times and nit trying to get trys they don't have the skill to score.

They had an easily kickable penalty, had Russell made the conversion they'd be laughing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

AdamD wrote: »
    Ref has no interest in yellow cards

There doesn’t seem to have been many this whole tournament iirc. Lots of penalties but no cards (I’m sure someone will save my lazy ass and have the stats).

• Advertisement

game over

Thats it. Game over.

Scotland, ultimately, aren't good enough. They had all that ball and territory but did little with it. Wales defended superbly but struggled in that second half. Without Liam Williams they're nowhere near as sharp in attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

That's a ridiculous penalty considering all the stuff Wales were let away with all game

Excellent, Wales -4 comes in at the end.

I seen two of the most hillarious attempts at drop goals ever in the last few minutes surley Wales wont be as poor again Scotland simply inept at the basics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A decent team would have been in bonus point territory against Wales today. Far from impressive and were opened up several times by a team intent on butchering chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Incredible defensive performance from Wales but Scotland desperately need a scrum half who can direct their play.

Ireland are going to need something good to break them down and I don't think we have that right now. In Cardiff and with a Grand Slam on the line, I don't think we are going to be able to match the mental pitch that they will be at next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

A decent team would have been in bonus point territory against Wales today. Far from impressive and were opened up several times by a team intent on butchering chances.

The thing is the same thing has been said about them throughout the tournament, against France it was the same and now today, but they're the ones who are unbeaten....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Wales could win a Grand Slam without putting in an 80 Minute performance

• Advertisement

You have to give credit to the Welsh. They defended like demons in the second half. Scotland deserve a fair amount of credit too, given the injuries they had to deal with. One sublime try, but a lot of huff and puff mixed with some brain-dead dross.

Congratulations to Wales. Another deserved win. To roll out the old cliche, winning while not playing great is the sign of a good team. Who would bet against them for the Grand Slam? They are head shoulders above us at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

When Parks get MOtm you know it’s not a classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Buer wrote: »
    Incredible defensive performance from Wales but Scotland desperately need a scrum half who can direct their play.

Ireland are going to need something good to break them down and I don't think we have that right now. In Cardiff and with a Grand Slam on the line, I don't think we are going to be able to match the mental pitch that they will be at next week.

Williams a big loss to Wales though. I think a big chance for us if he is missing which I present he will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Barring a good second half against England, Wales are in position for a GS without being markedly better than the other teams. A strange year for 6 nations.

The thing is the same thing has been said about them throughout the tournament, against France it was the same and now today, but they're the ones who are unbeaten....

they have a habit of winning. that showed in their defense today. they'll be tough to beat in Cardiff.

Clegg wrote: »
    Scotland, ultimately, aren't good enough. They had all that ball and territory but did little with it. Wales defended superbly but struggled in that second half. Without Liam Williams they're nowhere near as sharp in attack.

Did Wales defend well? They missed 34 tackles. I thought for periods in that second half they were far too passive defensively. Which is bad news for us because they will look to address that next week and they’ll have the extra days turnaround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Heroic defence by Wales, incredible discipline and workrate

There's not near enough subtlety in the Irish attack to penetrate that defence. Add the home factor into the equation - I can't look past them being slam winners this day week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,731 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No, what has been said about Wales is that they are invincible. I was laughed at when I said Scotland might beat them.
    They were supposed to run riot here and score a bonus point win.
    They scored once in the 2nd half at the death after two tries they were lucky to get.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Injuries could be telling for wales next week ....

Hopefully we get out of tomorrow relatively unscathed

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »

Wales probably aren't as good as they think they are but that won't stop them.
    Like you said they'll mentally be on another level but they were made to look ordinary in patches there.

I'd love to see George Horne get a consistent run, something completely different. But they should persist with Price now, their main issue is that Laidlaw is a "starter or nothing" he's not really an option to bring on to win games if you're struggling.

Advertisement