Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung xcover 4

• 09-03-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Afternoon.
    Currently having issues with my iPhone 6s in that my memory is full and can't update as I have not enough memory.
    Have an xcover 3 as a weekend phone and it's quite basic but very good for the outdoors.
    There is now an xcover 4 which has 16 GB of memory.
    Does anyone one have one? Need something for what's app and tune in plus browsing that's faster than the 3
    Thanks

Comments

16gb storage too little for 2019

go for 32gb min

otherwise you'll soon run into issues with storage, even with a micro sd card

best budget options at the moment

honor 9 lite (160 euro about on amazon spain or bit more on UK)
    honor 10 lite (200 euro about)
    huawei p smart 2019 (in shops in Ireland, make sure it's 2019 model)
    (if you need nfc all these phones have it)

mi a2 lite (eglobal, honorbuy online) - 160 or so
    (long battery life)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

We have xcover 4s in work, it is a big improvement over the 3, speed wise.
    It is ip68 as well which us handy for use in rain.
    It all depends if you need a lot of storage or not, I think there is an xcover 5 equivalent on way as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Many thanks for replies. Hopefully my iPhone is going to to update for me and I can keep going with iPhone 6 and xcover3 for weekends as have been doing.

How was the 4 for opening webpages etc? The 3 can be very slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Many thanks for replies. Hopefully my iPhone is going to to update for me and I can keep going with iPhone 6 and xcover3 for weekends as have been doing.

How was the 4 for opening webpages etc? The 3 can be very slow
    No issues on 4 with web browsing, 3 was slow.
    The 4 also is compatible with OS 8 which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I have 2 of them, one for work and one personal ( my s7 edge was stolen in the uk). Worst camera I've had on a phone in years, but in fairness everything else on them is absolutely fine.

Advertisement