Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded speed to 300Mbit but only getting 170max Download

Options
  • 09-03-2019 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi Ive Upgraded speed to 300Mbit from 150Mbit but only getting 170max Download upload is now 50Mbit so more as before. Tried chat twice but didnt improve at all. All tested via Wifi using Speed test by Ookla .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Are you sure you are connected to the router with a good quality ethernet cable that is cat5e or better and you are not connecting over wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How are you testing the download speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi. Weird thing that there is around 280 over cat cable and Wi-Fi have big lost max which I could get was 200 and I was sitting beside router. I'm getting this on 5ghz because 2.4Ghz its just close to 100Mbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Not weird at all, wifi is very unreliable. 170 isn't bad you need to use wired to get the benefit out of the higher speed packages. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi Ive Upgraded speed to 300Mbit from 150Mbit but only getting 170max Download upload is now 50Mbit so more as before. Tried chat twice but didnt improve at all. All tested via Wifi using Speed test by Ookla .
    Hi devil-80, 

I would advise contacting our technical team and they will be able to investigate this. 

They can be contacted by calling 1890260260 or our online technical team here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement