Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Fault

Options
  • 09-03-2019 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have a HKC Alarm fitted in my house since 2007. No issues until recently.

Lately when I set the alarm it alarms immediately (immediately or within one minute), when I check the panel it gives the Zone. It's the same Zone all the time.

When I check the log it gives no details.

I do have the Engineers Code.

The Zone has 2 PIRs hard wired back to the panel. The 2 PIRs have the red beam flashing when in the room.

Is it a problem with the PIRs? The Cable? Or the Panel?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

GortSean wrote: »

Lately when I set the alarm it alarms immediately (immediately or within one minute), when I check the panel it gives the Zone. It's the same Zone all the time.

The Zone has 2 PIRs hard wired back to the panel. The 2 PIRs have the red beam flashing when in the room.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

More than likely one is faulty.
    Normally one PIR is used per zone. If you have a free zone in the panel you could separate them.
    If you had a multimeter you could check which one is causing the issue or another option would be to take the 2 cores out of alarm in one of the PIRs and join them together, then do the same with the other one over a few days to rule out which one is causing the issue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GortSean wrote: »

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2 PiRs on the same zone is not a good idea to start with. Have you any spare zones where you can split these up?
    Otherwise disconnect one at a time and close off the alarm terminals to see if you can narrow it down. While doing that clean out inside and around the PiRs looking for cobwebs or spiders?
    Anything new in the room decorative/reflective?

Advertisement