Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to cancel contract

Options
  • 09-03-2019 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I chose the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"eir mobile complete 30 days", a Sim card only contract which I thought was renewable every 30 days (hence the name?); when the email arrived it was a 12 months contract not advertised on the website; living in a remote area with coverage problems, I wanted to test before taking up a contract; no use paying a contract for 12 months if I could not use the mobile.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I downloaded the cancellation form and sent it to EIR with the sim card unopened and unused within 14 days, thinking that would be it; it wasn't!

I received a first bill and tried the chat line, 1901, 1905 plus a few phone numbers given to me by the different people I had on the chat line: either no response or 30 minutes wait to just be cut off![/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I then filed a complaint on the site on 11/02 which was never answered apart from the automatic message saying it had been received.

And today.....second bill!!![/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tried the chat line again, I won't even comment, it was useless. I escaladated the complaint on the Eir website and contacted ComReg Consumer Care.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Eir service is just atrocious and after a Google search, I am unfortunately not the only one. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What do I need to do to have my contract cancelled and be reimbursed as of course Eir has debited my account ?!!!!!![/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

chrissie47 wrote: »
    I chose the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"eir mobile complete 30 days", a Sim card only contract which I thought was renewable every 30 days (hence the name?); when the email arrived it was a 12 months contract not advertised on the website; living in a remote area with coverage problems, I wanted to test before taking up a contract; no use paying a contract for 12 months if I could not use the mobile.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I downloaded the cancellation form and sent it to EIR with the sim card unopened and unused within 14 days, thinking that would be it; it wasn't!

I received a first bill and tried the chat line, 1901, 1905 plus a few phone numbers given to me by the different people I had on the chat line: either no response or 30 minutes wait to just be cut off![/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I then filed a complaint on the site on 11/02 which was never answered apart from the automatic message saying it had been received.

And today.....second bill!!![/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tried the chat line again, I won't even comment, it was useless. I escaladated the complaint on the Eir website and contacted ComReg Consumer Care.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Eir service is just atrocious and after a Google search, I am unfortunately not the only one. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What do I need to do to have my contract cancelled and be reimbursed as of course Eir has debited my account ?!!!!!![/font]
    Hi chrissie47

Can you pm me the following details please?

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

Linzi

Advertisement