Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - MUSHROOM KINGDOM

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Can you elbaroate a bit more ?

You lack of clarity will probably go against you come lynch time

I accept I'm top for lynching, so bring it on

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing either but a wasted lynch tonight would really impact the game.

Is this real concern?

If youre so concerned give the group some player reads.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

You also had 3 votes on the FFA, only Nigel voted for you.

Why did Isla and Riona not vote for you?

You'll have to ask Isla herself, Riona has just answered me re:voting off FFA, and Isla voted within her FFA so I don't care to chase it up further

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing either but a wasted lynch tonight would really impact the game.

Get ya but weighing that up against a potential wasted munch would be something I thought would get more consideration tbh. If you were in the line later then drop it in alright but yeah I can see why it's less dodge to reveal your prize early and zero counter claim means we have to take it at face value.

Eva WW wrote: »

Who are you voting for and why?

Whats your opinions on players?

• Advertisement

Lynch isn't for 7.5hrs, have you resigned to death so early?

Who're your wolf reads

Get ya but weighing that up against a potential wasted munch would be something I thought would get more consideration tbh. If you were in the line later then drop it in alright but yeah I can see why it's less dodge to reveal your prize early and zero counter claim means we have to take it at face value.

And what're your reads Wini you've given away nothing with feck all posts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Even in clearer mind, I still have Nigel as wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Is this real concern?

If youre so concerned give the group some player reads.....

Bare in mind my insights totally suck....

I’m leaning Eva and Conor for wolfies. I’ll most likely vote Eva unless someone can give me a good reason not to.

I believe Nigel is Luigi. I also believe Gertrude is village. I’m leaning village on Isla and Winifred but wouldn’t be overly shocked if I’m wrong.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Eva, I don’t buy the mushroom thing, everyone knows the first rule of mushies is that you hide your phone so you don’t ring Mammy telling her you love her or did she ever wonder how the living room was so small compared to the whole world

I’d like a better explanation, until then you’re my vote

• Advertisement

I’m leaning Eva and Conor for wolfies. I’ll most likely vote Eva unless someone can give me a good reason not to.

I believe Nigel is Luigi. I also believe Gertrude is village. I’m leaning village on Isla and Winifred but wouldn’t be overly shocked if I’m wrong.

Why are they wolfie, please be specfic... what in their posts made you think they are evil.

Where do your leans on good players come from?

That leaves Jake as a wolf in ur eyes also?

Conor WW wrote: »
    And what're your reads Wini you've given away nothing with feck all posts

I'm just reading people's rationale for things they've decided

Nigel reads village but then breaks my heart with the 3 Mario guesses so esrly in the game. Doesnt sit well.

Gertie, well I dont like Gertie! Bottom of her FFA and throws me straight in as he vote, felt throw away to me.

Riona I hashed out above, but it's not really suspicious behaviour what she did but still doesn't sit great with me.

Eva - Screams wolf or someone taking the piss after yesterdays goings on.

Jake - No read really, seems to be chief integrator asking all the tough questions. Voted for me cause of my Avatar but wouldn't blame him based on my input yesterday. Antagonizing too many people to be a wolf IMO.

Yourself, I've no real read on either, so I'll have to go back and look again! Under the radar I'd say!

I'm missing someone I think

Nigel WW wrote: »
    That leaves Jake as a wolf in ur eyes also?

I keep changing my mind on Jake but leaning more wolf than village.

Why are they wolfie, please be specfic... what in their posts made you think they are evil.

Where do your leans on good players come from?

I think it’s pretty obvious why Eva seems wolfie! At this stage Conor is more a process of elimination as the others seem more likely to be village. It’s all just guess work. This is my second game and so far I’ve proven to not be very good in fairness.

I keep changing my mind on Jake but leaning more wolf than village.

Can you articulate why?

I think it’s pretty obvious why Eva seems wolfie! At this stage Conor is more a process of elimination as the others seem more likely to be village. It’s all just guess work. This is my second game and so far I’ve proven to not be very good in fairness.

So you are committing to why they are wolfy in your opinion?

Like, when I believe somone to be evil, i can pinpoint why they are? You seem to be avoiding why Conor is evil in your eyes.

@Wini
    What would you have done with the three guesses?

My thinking yesterday was it’s hard enough to pick a werewolf never mind pick Mario. I was better off having the information one way or the other as early as possible, that no one was going to reveal themselves to be Mario and looking now I think that’s justified, he’s no more apparent to me now than he was yesterday, so even if I had a guess now I don’t think it would be any likelier I’d guess him.

What it did allow me to do was when Eva said she was Mario I could counter it. I wasn’t waiting for her to say she was Mario and then coming out with “actually I’m Luigi and I’ve asked about her and she’s not Mario”. It has lent some form of credibility to my story, that coupled with Doris asking me straight out and me answering

Maybe I’d have been better off waiting, I don’t know, I played what I thought was the best strategy

Likewise the reasoning for Riona saying she’s 1UP seems legit but in either case it could be wolfie.
    As a general rule the more info in the village the better IMO

Leading on from that we’ve had no evidence that either Mario or Shadow won any mushrooms? Or that Peach has had her special power today, or have I missed something?

Can you articulate why?

I keep coming back to your behavior yesterday. Part of me says a wolf wouldn’t be stupid enough to tell us to lynch him but I just can’t understand why a villager would do it either. If I’m going with Eva being wolfie for strange behavior then you have to be considered a possibility too. I keep changing my mind though because it’s a terrible wolf strategy.

So you are committing to why they are wolfy in your opinion?

Like, when I believe somone to be evil, i can pinpoint why they are? You seem to be avoiding why Conor is evil in your eyes.

I’m not avoiding it at all. It’s a pure guess. I know a lot of you are able to write essays on why someone is good/bad but at the end of the day you’re all just guessing too.

• Advertisement

In the absence of a solid excuse my reading is that Eva was on a task yesterday. From the OP I believe only Mario and Shadow would be given tasks.
    I know for definite Eva is not Mario and she herself has recounted her claim.
    So she must be Shadow right?

So there’s my vote, I’d like others to support it or at least give a valid reason for not

I’m not avoiding it at all. It’s a pure guess. I know a lot of you are able to write essays on why someone is good/bad but at the end of the day you’re all just guessing too.

Ok, yes its guessing but my guesses are based off something.

Like you, i feel you may be a wolf. Why? Its a guess based off your post revealing you won the prize. I feel this was an effort in my eyes to make yourself appear good

Now why is Conor a wolf? What is your guess based off?

Ok, yes its guessing but my guesses are based off something.

Like you, i feel you may be a wolf. Why? Its a guess based off your post revealing you won the prize. I feel this was an effort in my eyes to make yourself appear good

Now why is Conor a wolf? What is your guess based off?

I know I didn’t like the way he was trying to seem helpful yesterday but didn’t really offer any input, just copy and pasted from the OP.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Sorry, RL has me all over the place today

@winifred

I had you, Eva & Jake on my FFA and they were the bottom posters which I was calling on to post more. Eva & Jake then went with the lynch me lynch me posts and no way was I going there. So I voted you. Simples.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Mushrooms

Why are you giving such short answers? It’s really not helping.

Nigel claimed Luigi before the lynch and nobody counterclaimed. If we take Nigel at face value, he checked you as Mario and it came back negative. Were you shroom posts and I’m Mario posts part of a competition?

Sorry, RL has me all over the place today

@winifred

I had you, Eva & Jake on my FFA and they were the bottom posters which I was calling on to post more. Eva & Jake then went with the lynch me lynch me posts and no way was I going there. So I voted you. Simples.

So two posters wanna be lynched and you pick me cause I didn't ask to be lynched? Logical

Eva is for the chop tonight imo, what's your thoughts there today?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    @Wini
    What would you have done with the three guesses?

My thinking yesterday was it’s hard enough to pick a werewolf never mind pick Mario. I was better off having the information one way or the other as early as possible, that no one was going to reveal themselves to be Mario and looking now I think that’s justified, he’s no more apparent to me now than he was yesterday, so even if I had a guess now I don’t think it would be any likelier I’d guess him.

What it did allow me to do was when Eva said she was Mario I could counter it. I wasn’t waiting for her to say she was Mario and then coming out with “actually I’m Luigi and I’ve asked about her and she’s not Mario”. It has lent some form of credibility to my story, that coupled with Doris asking me straight out and me answering

Maybe I’d have been better off waiting, I don’t know, I played what I thought was the best strategy

Likewise the reasoning for Riona saying she’s 1UP seems legit but in either case it could be wolfie.
    As a general rule the more info in the village the better IMO

Leading on from that we’ve had no evidence that either Mario or Shadow won any mushrooms? Or that Peach has had her special power today, or have I missed something?

It's a numbers thing in my head, with two deaths happening (lynch and munch) your odds of finding Mario go from 3/9 to 3/7, possibility he gets lynched but he'll reveal first and you find him and get a room with a BG protect wolves would be mad to go at him. I just think using the guesses so esrly was risky and unnecessary, if you click Mario brilliant but I just don't like the odds

However with the complete lack of counter claim, you are village so no point carrying on what might have been really

So whats the rationle for lynching Eva?

So shes acting odd.

Shes being short and erractic in answers. Why would a wolf do this?

I understand the thinking behind Nigel thinking shes doing a task and hes stating shes not Mario.

But why would a wolf act so odd?

Like is it a case of ill act so odd no one will suspect a wolf would act like that?

I find on day 0 and day 1, panic is the order of the day. Folks are looking for a reason to vote for someone and usually it results in someone bring lynched for something pretty small.

Evas behaviour is enough reason for people to potnetially vote for her on day 0. It made her stand out.

Would a wolf act like this?

My gut says no.

As I’ve said I think it could have been a task and my reading is only Shadow could be doing a task. If she won the task she might have immunity, who knows
    It’s just very strange and we’re getting no answers. If she’s good then I think she’ll reveal herself and hopefully get a protect

Without her answering it’s all just guesswork but she’s the most likely wolf and most likely non-wolf (after Luigi of course) that we have at the moment

• Advertisement

And I agree that a wolf wouldn’t answer like she is but I have to keep coming back to her not being Mario. She claimed it, that’s not the move of a villager or a good person

Advertisement