Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derry Road area, Crumlin

Options
  • 09-03-2019 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Am looking at a few houses up for sale around the area of Derry Road in Crumlin. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of living around there and how they find it generally?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Not personally no, but just FYI looking at Google maps it appears to be very close to where a lot of the "Byrne Crime Family" and their associates live (Raleigh Square; Kildare Rd). Closely associated with the Kinahan Organised Crime gang.

I only know this from reading the papers though and have no insight into what the area is like, how these people conduct their business and whether you'd even notice they were there etc, but just a heads up. It would certainly put me off buying there

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Am looking at a few houses up for sale around the area of Derry Road in Crumlin. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of living around there and how they find it generally?
    Thanks

I have been living in the greater area for the last decade. Derry Road can be hit and miss.
    I would stick to either Kildare Road or Clogher Road. Stannaway Road area (Crumlin bordering Kimmage ) is nice as well. If you are living on a busy road then you won't have to worry about kids loitering.

Crumlin is generally quite and safe despite what you read in the papers. Yes there are some criminals but you barely notice them. There's a lot of garda presence which means burglaries are very rare. Criminals also don't tend to mess on their own doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Thanks for the feedback. Will bear it all in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michelleymr

MSVforever wrote: »
    I have been living in the greater area for the last decade. Derry Road can be hit and miss.
    I would stick to either Kildare Road or Clogher Road. Stannaway Road area (Crumlin bordering Kimmage ) is nice as well. If you are living on a busy road then you won't have to worry about kids loitering.

Think I'm looking at the same house! Is it possible to share a but more information please? I'm most concerned about safety, but also thinking about if I go on to sell again. Any help is really appreciated.

Advertisement