Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris - Nice 2019 March 10-17 *May Contain Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd be stunned if they didnt mke it given the carnage of the last few days. Plenty in the peleton will be happy with an easyish day.

Here is what they have to deal with today. Long and lumpy.

a00dc_670.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I don't know. The second half of that stage looks too lumpy for the bunch to soft pedal over it. There's a few lads over the past few days who've been riding like they can smell blood in the water, Kwiatkowski and Bernal in particular. If they're still feeling good, they're unlikely to turn down a chance to put people under pressure.

Those 2 with Rowe doing a serious job of work for them so far look to be well up for it.

Yes, i agree but the break could be away at the point Sky may look to crack whats left of the GC men.

• Advertisement

Had an eye on the TTT in Tirreno-Adriatico earlier and 2 of the Bora lads were taken out by a pedestrian crossing the road, they are ok i think but the man was still down when the camera left him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Had an eye on the TTT in Tirreno-Adriatico earlier and 2 of the Bora lads were taken out by a pedestrian crossing the road, they are ok i think but the man was still down when the camera left him.

From what I saw they took pedestrian out. Clearly he wasn’t meant to be there but they crashed into
    Him

godtabh wrote: »
    From what I saw they took pedestrian out. Clearly he wasn’t meant to be there but they crashed into
    Him

TT head down position part of the reason but i'd imagine its hard to stop a TT bike at speed in the wet even if they saw him late.

Near miss again in Italy woman with a dog crossing as Mitchelton Scott passing. No one hit thankfully. Didn't that happen to Sagan a few years ago?

Under 10km to go in PAris-Nice and 4 still out front with 58 seconds. If they keep working they might make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

After a couple of quiet days Paris-Nice heads to the medium hills as the GC race hots up. Todays stage is a difficult one to predict as GC contenders may hold fire until the weekend leaving today for a breakaway or can some of the sprinters survive the rolling terrain.
    At 176.5 kilometres, the 6th stage in Paris-Nice is played out on a rolling route with a more hilly profile in the second half. Sprinters or attackers?

The race from Peynier to Brignoles could offer the sprinters another chance, but possibly with not all of them still on board in the finale. Following 100 kilometres on undulating roads the route becomes more lumpy in the last part.

Côte de la Sainte-Baume, a 5 kilometres climb at 5%, is crested 60 kilometres before the line. The race then continues to lesser hurdles. Côte de Mazaugues would make a fine finale with its 1.3 kilometres at 6.3%, while the last climb of the day is Côte de Sainte-Philomène. The route reaches this summit after a 8 kilometres climb at 3.5% and with 17.5 kilometres remaining.

So it’s either the sprinters or stage 6 of Paris-Nice could see the breakaway find success.

The first three riders on the line win time bonuses of 10, 6 and 4 seconds, while two intermediate sprints (at kilometre 146.5 and kilometre 172.5) come with 3, 2 and 1 seconds. Note: the last bonus sprint is 4 kilometres before the finish line!

PaOXYyC.jpg

The current GC with the stage expected to finish around 3.30 this afternoon
    gdkxzQs.jpg?1

Few of the sprinters still here including Sam.

No Groenewegen, Jakobsen, Ewan or Laporte in the lead group so Sam in with a great shout

Yesss

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Jaysus, that was some finish

Wouldn't it be something if the lad could do the business at MSR

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ahhh missed it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

spoilers be damned

• Advertisement

Nice bonus in that Sam will wear the Points Jersey tomorrow as well, although there are no sprint stages left Kwiatkowski may beat him in the overall Points classification if he features in the last two days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Savage win.

Massive call by Bora not bringing him to the Giro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

He may yet lead the team at MSR ....Sagan has not been well

Surely he is worth a few bob

MPFGLB wrote: »
    He may yet lead the team at MSR ....Sagan has not been well

Surely he is worth a few bob

MSR was him aim all winter if I'm correct, he was told that after the Giro episode.

Word is he's climbed off today.

Clever move, nothing to be gained from a weekend in the grupetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Word is he's climbed off today.

Seems so..........thats a pity, but probably a good plan based on what the stage will bring later today and bearing in mind MSR next week,

https://twitter.com/radiotour_fr/status/1106885130470281216

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

He was in the green jersey

Plus Demare stayed to train for MSR ....could have helped Bennet to stay

Kristoff hung in reasonably well there, think it was the second lap before he got dropped.

Good stage today , think they said that climb hasn't been in the tour since the 70's. That stage could be interesting if used in the tour.

Don't really want to get into discussing another race but I'll say todays stage of Tirreno-Adriatico is worth a watch for the last 40km and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Don't really want to get into discussing another race but I'll say todays stage of Tirreno-Adriatico is worth a watch for the last 40km and leave it at that.
    This! Mental

Advertisement