Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumbling noise Togher??

Options
  • 09-03-2019 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I'm in Lehenaghmore and every so often there is a v. loud but low frequency rumbling from forge hill direction. A constant noise when it's going and usually late in eve or even after midnight. Like a big generator. My best guess for locality would be the fiat dealer forgehill.
    I'm around 1km away but sounds like a tractor ticking over outside the door!
    It's going now...anyone else hearing it?Any ideas? It should be illegal coz it's bugging the **** out me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

That’s the sound of the continental plate under Wilton expanding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

okedoke wrote: »
    That’s the sound of the continental plate under Wilton expanding

:D topical

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tiger20

There is a milling company in Togher Industrial Estate, on the way down to Kearys, next to An Post depot, take a walk/spin down sometime, think it could be source of your noise. Look on google earth, it's just below forge hill.

Advertisement