Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extraordinary Night Heat bill

Options
  • 10-03-2019 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Flabbergasted by my most recent bill!
    Apparently I have used 4587 Night Heat units in a 68 day period. This is a more than fivefold increase on my normal Winter usage. The meter reading seems to be correct so I must suspect that something has gone awry with the meter.
    If I PM you my account details could you check this for me and suggest a remedy?

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi MHP,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you private message us the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and date of birth, we will look into this for you as soon as possible.

Thanks again,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Awaiting a response to my follow-up PM of yesterday.

As instructed, I rang Customer Service on 01 8529534 and arranged for a service order to be sent to ESB Networks. I'm still waiting and the meter is still giving extraordinarily high readings. Unimpressed.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi MHP, 

We regret to read this. 

Normally what happens in these cases, is that the service order is sent to ESB Networks and they then contact the customer for the appointment. ESB Networks maintain the electricity network for all suppliers. 

When did you speak with Customer Service? ESB Networks usually contact the customer within a few working days. If you wish you can contact ESB Networks directly to check on the status. Their contact number is 1850 372 757 or 021 238655.

If you like, we can check that everything is in order on our side. We just need you to reconfirm your account details by private message. 

Thanks, 
    Aoife

I spoke to Customer Service on, or shortly after, March 13th. Please do find out what happened or, rather, didn't happen. Account details sent via PM.

• Advertisement

Still nothing.

Hi MHP,

We have sent a private message to you.

Best regards,
    Una

Another month passes. No call from ESB Networks.

Hi MHP, 

We have sent you a private message.

Best regards,
    Una

I have just had a letter from the Head of Sales & Service asking me to ring Electric Ireland yet again. So I have now done that and I have again been assured (this is the third time) that a service order has been sent to ESB Networks. We shall see. I'll probably be here in another month's time to moan and fume.

• Advertisement

Hi MHP,

We are unable to advise as to when ESB Networks will be in touch - they will be as soon as possible though.

To have the account checked in case there is an update, contact us by private message any time.

Thanks,
    Una

I was right. A month later and not a peep from ESB Networks.

Hi MHP,

We have sent you a private message.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement