Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

survey done..now what...

Options
  • 10-03-2019 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

may be a silly question I know this varies but I've got the survey complete sent to solicitor

he has received contracts but has gone back with queries to vendor on a number issues

how long we talking once contracts signed generally to move in

paying exorbitant rent so that's why asking....

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mkdon wrote: »
    may be a silly question I know this varies but I've got the survey complete sent to solicitor

he has received contracts but has gone back with queries to vendor on a number issues

how long we talking once contracts signed generally to move in

paying exorbitant rent so that's why asking....

Could be a month.
    Really depends on each query and how quick the 2 legal sides can close.

Did the Surveyor unearth anything?
    Do you know what the queries sent over were?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

when i went sale agreed to moving into the house , it took 3 months!

thebourke wrote: »
    when i went sale agreed to moving into the house , it took 3 months!

The OP is in a different position. He is far more advanced than sake agreed as he has his survey done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Sorry to gate crash this post.

Does everyone send on the survey they got carried out themselves onto their solicitor, reason I ask is that our solicitor hasn’t requested it from us? Should I send it on to him ye?

bri007 wrote: »

Does everyone send on the survey they got carried out themselves onto their solicitor, reason I ask is that our solicitor hasn’t requested it from us? Should I send it on to him ye?

It can depend.of there’s issues you want to try get the vendor to solve or reduce the price then you have to send it on.

But let’s say they vendor has widened the gates for vehicular access and your survey picked up on it. And if it requires planning, then if you send it on it will stop the sale.

• Advertisement

Thanks kceire.
    kceire wrote: »
    It can depend.of there’s issues you want to try get the vendor to solve or reduce the price then you have to send it on.

But let’s say they vendor has widened the gates for vehicular access and your survey picked up on it. And if it requires planning, then if you send it on it will stop the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

bri007 wrote: »

I imagine somewhere in the solicitors terms is a statement to the effect that you are responsible for carrying out a survey, understanding the import of the survey and progressing on the basis that you are satisfied to proceed, fully understanding the consequences arising from the survey.

It's your responsibility to understand it and decide on the basis of it.

I don't see the point in sending the survey to him unless the survey has found something up with the boundary something that clashes with what's on the folio map. Along with Kceires points on planning

Did your survey include boundary check as well as the state of the property?

Usually it's for the vendor to provide a statement that any extensions are either exempt from planning or if requiring planning, that they do have planning. Presumably you've informed your solicitor as to whether there are extensions and he's requested info from the vendor.

Usually it's for the vendor to provide a statement that any extensions are either exempt from planning or if requiring planning, that they do have planning. Presumably you've informed your solicitor as to whether there are extensions and he's requested info from the vendor.

Usually the survey picks up on planning issues, extension etc
    Technically, the vendor is supposed to mention any alterations to the dwelling in the pack they give to their solicitor but your survey confirms this.

There was an extension build on the side of the house and the surveyor advised to make sure there was planning in place for this. I’ve informed solicitor of same.

The contracts came late on Friday evening from the vendors solicitor so my solicitor will probably start working on finding out if there was planing etc. I will follow up this week with him.
    I imagine somewhere in the solicitors terms is a statement to the effect that you are responsible for carrying out a survey, understanding the import of the survey and progressing on the basis that you are satisfied to proceed, fully understanding the consequences arising from the survey.

It's your responsibility to understand it and decide on the basis of it.

I don't see the point in sending the survey to him unless the survey has found something up with the boundary something that clashes with what's on the folio map. Along with Kceires points on planning

Did your survey include boundary check as well as the state of the property?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Buying house2020

In a very similar situation, we went sale agreed 5 weeks ago, vendor's solicitor is due to send on contracts to our solicitor this week. Mortgage pack has been issued to our solicitor and all surveys done.

How long will it be until we get the keys? Reason I'm asking is we too are paying extortionate rent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement